The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Normally I would agree, but given the raw desperation they’re showing this offseason, you get the feeling that there’s some urgency inside the building. They can only wait for Zach for so long before it starts becoming a CYA situation.

Fair, I guess I don’t see it as desperation. I see it as a reflection of how weak this draft class is. More developmental prospects than contributors, so in that case, you need to find contributors via different means.

Whatever though, we’ll see what happens.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Because we dont ever see it through. We dont ever try to fit great players into our team. We do it the other way around. Right now Douglas should have Saleh in his office telling him to fix his stupid defense to fit Sauce into it. Instead he is talking to John Lynch about how much he can give up for a WR to make Zach look like the 20th ranked Qab.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

200.gif

• WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Because we dont ever see it through. We dont ever try to fit great players into our team. We do it the other way around. Right now Douglas should have Saleh in his office telling him to fix his stupid defense to fit Sauce into it. Instead he is talking to John Lynch about how much he can give up for a WR to make Zach look like the 20th ranked Qab.

Preach bro

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Draftng Sauce does nothing for this team.  Unless they can get to the QB on defense and pass the ball on offense, this team is not improving.  CBs are not worth as much in today's NFL and certainly not the 4th pick.  

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because if Zach Wilson is still garbage eight games in to this season, he will lose his job.

Outside of an injury, I don't see any way Wilson isn't the starting QB all of 2022. Douglas made his bed and now he has to sleep in it. 

Draftng Sauce does nothing for this team.  Unless they can get to the QB on defense and pass the ball on offense, this team is not improving.  CBs are not worth as much in today's NFL and certainly not the 4th pick.  

If you have a lock down type corner it frees other defenders up to blitz. It does a lot for a defense. If your DC knows what he is doing.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

It was only his first year in the system. Everyone gets three years to turn out a good season. Have you been paying attention?

Davante Adams had a season like Deebo had in 2021 in his fifth season. Playing with Aaron Rodgers. 

He's also never even approached Deebo's average per reception. Ever. 

He's also only had more receiving yards than Deebo had last year once. Once. In his eighth season. 

• Upvote 1

Davante Adams had a season like Deebo had in 2021 in his fifth season. Playing with Aaron Rodgers. 
He's also never even approached Deebo's average per reception. Ever. 
He's also only had more receiving yards than Deebo had last year once. Once. In his eighth season. 

You really think one year wonders dont exist?

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The only reason I’m half sober right now is B/c Ruckert is still in the mix. Remember this on Friday night. ?

Ruckert is going to go to the Packers at the end of Round Two, catch 80 balls per year, and his dad is going to troll the Jets forever on Twitter for passing on his son

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

If you have a lock down type corner it frees other defenders up to blitz. It does a lot for a defense. If your DC knows what he is doing.

There is no such thing as a lock down corner in 2022.  Nope.  DBs are at too much of a disadvantage and with teams running 3 and 4 wide sets one top CB does nothing to stop the passing game.  Ramsey got torched in the SB.  Get. The QB.  That is the only way to stop the passing game these days.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I really just cannot reconcile all the talk about how good this WR class is and the idea we’re going to trade for one instead. 

It just doesn’t track. 

This class iz deep but lacks the top tier talent. You could probably get the same value at 35 that you would at 10. That's my opinion anyway

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I really just cannot reconcile all the talk about how good this WR class is and the idea we’re going to trade for one instead. 

It just doesn’t track. 

I've heard little if nothing about the quality of the WR class, just the quantity. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You can always subscribe to my OnlyFans

Yes, because a flabby, naked 50 year old man spitting on a Jamal Adams jersey while hate-masturbating, surrounded by 24x36 sized digitally blown-up photos of Bill Parcells and Eric Mangini that you printed at the last remaining Kinkos, that are plastered all over the white-painted brick walls of a windowless, candlelight basement utility room is exactly what we need to see.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It just doesn’t track. 

It normally takes a couple of years before WRs hit their stride. See Deebo. We need an elite WR now. Chase is a rare bird.

As long as it’s not too much more than the #10 pick, I'll be excited. 

There is no such thing as a lock down corner in 2022.  Nope.  DBs are at too much of a disadvantage and with teams running 3 and 4 wide sets one top CB does nothing to stop the passing game.  Ramsey got torched in the SB.  Get. The QB.  That is the only way to stop the passing game these days.

There are mismatches. All you need is one defensive mismatch to change the numbers game on defense. There may not currently be a total lockdown guy in the league. But there are upper tier CBs that allow flexibility to the rest of the defense. I like the idea of having a pass rush tbh. Just dont want to reach. I feel like Sauce is much better value.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yes, because a flabby, naked 50 year old man spitting on a Jamal Adams jersey while hate-masturbating, surrounded by 24x36 sized digitally blown-up photos of Bill Parcells and Eric Mangini that you printed at the last remaining Kinkos, that are plastered all over the white-painted brick walls of a windowless, candlelight basement utility room is exactly what we need to see.

This is way too detailed to be imagination.