Jump to content

The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Look at what these niners fans want, how disappointed are they gonna be ? 😂😂😂

06F42706-F9C6-4FA3-8FDF-D7C42C25C4AA.png

Wow, they are worse than we are. They also don’t pay attention. Joe Douglas may have had at best couple lackluster drafts, but he’s  been on the good end of deals like this. Desperation or not, he pulls a deal anything like that and  he has just become a terrible GM. The Jamal win will be nothing more than a blip and he will be one and done as a GM. Good news is I’m pretty sure he knows that. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans hate Mike McCagnan but want Joe Douglas to act just like him.

You want to trade valuable draft picks for a player who has had 1 good season and and on top of that, make him the highest paid non qb in the league.

Just unreal.

Ok. You are the only saving grace. If he pulls a horrible deal like that it will be fun to watch you burn along with him. Burn Joe Douglas, burn. Personally I feel this is the one thing he’s good at. He will go 10 and possibly a 3rd day swap pick, but no way more than that, 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

lol.   They will be salty when the 9ers “give away” Deebo.   I think it’s going to take more than the 10th though, so both fan bases will have their share.  

Other than a possibly 3rd day swap pick along with the 10 Id be shocked if this happens. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans hate Mike McCagnan but want Joe Douglas to act just like him.

You want to trade valuable draft picks for a player who has had 1 good season and and on top of that, make him the highest paid non qb in the league.

Just unreal.

Better rookie year than Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Cooper Kupp and Stefon Diggs

Second year jones fracture

Third year all world

ONE GOOD SEASON

Holy **** when someone has an agenda they can carve a pile of sh*t into a pile of sh*t that resembles La Pieta and call it La Pieta and that's it yup, it's La Pieta folks!

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans hate Mike McCagnan but want Joe Douglas to act just like him.

You want to trade valuable draft picks for a player who has had 1 good season and and on top of that, make him the highest paid non qb in the league.

Just unreal.

The valuable draft picks represent players who have had zero NFL production.   Last year the NY Jets most exciting player was Carl Lawson based on rumors of beating Becton like a drum in training camp.  He was arguably more valuable than Zach Wilson last year.   He did something no other player actually did last year.  He gave fans hope.  Draft picks represent hope.  Hope plus production equals Joe D has a job in 2023.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

To the point you’ve made, that I’ve also echoed, the WR free agency and trade market tells us all we need to know about this WR class.

Yeah, I don’t know. It could just be an adjustment in value for the WR position in general (we’ve also seen a couple TEs make bank lately, too). It’s a copycat league, and Joe Douglas obviously wasn’t the only GM looking to emulate what the Bills did for Allen with Diggs. While the top end of this class doesn’t have a Chase this year, I have a feeling there could be a run on the position in this year’s draft, and that the WRs available in the second round might be slim pickens. Having one of these guys on rookie deal for four years is clearly beneficial if $20M/year is the new baseline for #1 WRs. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans hate Mike McCagnan but want Joe Douglas to act just like him.

You want to trade valuable draft picks for a player who has had 1 good season and and on top of that, make him the highest paid non qb in the league.

Just unreal.

The teams who made runs in this years playoffs ALL had a superstar WR.  “Weaponz” is real.   You can’t be aggressive in the trade market often, but this is the time to do it 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Other than a possibly 3rd day swap pick along with the 10 Id be shocked if this happens. 

My read is this deal would have already been done by now if Lynch liked the offer.  I think the delay has been with him trying to beat JD's line in the sand...

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slats said:

Yeah, I don’t know. It could just be an adjustment in value for the WR position in general (we’ve also seen a couple TEs make bank lately, too). It’s a copycat league, and Joe Douglas obviously wasn’t the only GM looking to emulate what the Bills did for Allen with Diggs. While the top end of this class doesn’t have a Chase this year, I have a feeling there could be a run on the position in this year’s draft, and that the WRs available in the second round might be slim pickens. Having one of these guys on rookie deal for four years is clearly beneficial if $20M/year is the new baseline for #1 WRs. 

I still think 6 WRs get taken. I don’t disagree. I think the reality is somewhere in the middle between the two sort of theories we’re kicking around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wow, they are worse than we are. They also don’t pay attention. Joe Douglas may have had at best couple lackluster drafts, but he’s  been on the good end of deals like this. Desperation or not, he pulls a deal anything like that and  he has just become a terrible GM. The Jamal win will be nothing more than a blip and he will be one and done as a GM. Good news is I’m pretty sure he knows that. 

Agreed give them pick 10 and that it. Or they can have picks 35 and 38 if they want that instead. Their choice 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah, I don’t know. It could just be an adjustment in value for the WR position in general (we’ve also seen a couple TEs make bank lately, too). It’s a copycat league, and Joe Douglas obviously wasn’t the only GM looking to emulate what the Bills did for Allen with Diggs. While the top end of this class doesn’t have a Chase this year, I have a feeling there could be a run on the position in this year’s draft, and that the WRs available in the second round might be slim pickens. Having one of these guys on rookie deal for four years is clearly beneficial if $20M/year is the new baseline for #1 WRs. 

We have a QB on a rookie deal. A RB on a rookie deal. And a WR many say would be a top 15 pick in this year’s draft on a rookie deal. Let’s get some proven help at WR.
Davis is fine but is being paid like the #2 he is and can be released in 2023 with no hit if he doesn’t play up to his deal. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, this WR thing and the Jets has really been a roller coaster ride.  Just make a deadline today to trade for Deebo.  If not, take WR at 10 and with one of our 2nds (If you take J. Williams at 10) and we should have a nice, young offense to build around Zach.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I still think 6 WRs get taken. I don’t disagree. I think the reality is somewhere in the middle between the two sort of theories we’re kicking around.

I think the WR position is being over rated.  Teams need to make a decision on their QB before or during season 4.  There's a growing myth that the WR help you make a decision on the QB.  A top end GM and coaching staff should be able to make that evaluation based on the QB's play and the talent around him.   The pro's are looking at game tape and should know what they have.  

If CB's aren't allowed to cover the answer isn't you need more elite WR's.  You need more time.  OL and interior pressure.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m confused did Mccaganan ever trade for a 26 year old superstar WR? Maybe I missed that trade 

No but he gave lebron hell a horrible contract. You can say the same about Mosley also to an extent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

We have a QB on a rookie deal. A RB on a rookie deal. And a WR many say would be a top 15 pick in this year’s draft on a rookie deal. Let’s get some proven help at WR.
Davis is fine but is being paid like the #2 he is and can be released in 2023 with no hit if he doesn’t play up to his deal. 

I’m on the fence with Deebopalooza, I’d have to see what JD would wind up giving in terms of picks and a contract, but I’m all about getting Wilson as much help as they possibly can, however they decide to go about it. If they don’t make the trade, I want a first round WR. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Other than a possibly 3rd day swap pick along with the 10 Id be shocked if this happens. 

I’d be very happy with that.

I think JD wants this deal and was pissed to miss on Hill.  I don’t think JD’s methods are as ridged as supposed.   Expect them to be  recruiting Deebo hard as well - it’s not just about the money 💰 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Maybe that’s the delay?  The Niners want to see the board before deciding? 

I can't imagine that to be the case.  Say JD and Lynch have a "gentleman's agreement"  - #10 for Deebo.  Then something crazy happens like a picture of Hutchinson wearing a gas mask shows up 3 hrs before the draft and he's slips to #10.  You think JD would honor that agreement?

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

I can't imagine that to be the case.  Say JD and Lynch have a "gentleman's agreement"  - #10 for Deebo.  Then something crazy happens like a picture of Hutchinson wearing a gas mask shows up 3 hrs before the draft and he's slips to #10.  You think JD would honor that agreement?

No.   If the deal isn’t done it goes both ways.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Ok and what’s that got to do with anything regarding Deebo?

Because if we trade for him we are going to have to give him a massive contract based off one good year or production. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sec143dmf said:

Because if we trade for him we are going to have to give him a massive contract based off one good year or production. 

One good year of production? He had 1800 yards averaging over 18 yards a reception! Hes only 26 and probably the best offensive weapon in football. And Jets fans don’t want him cause of why? We have to pay him?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Exactly my point. Deebo was injured so it didn’t matter that Jimmy got hurt. Look not debating he is a good player but facts are he has injury concerns dating back to his freshman year of college and he has had only one year of elite production. These are all facts. Now you can say you feel comfortable in trading for his future but I am definitely concerned. 

Look, I'm not interested in him at an inflated cost but the injury but is there for everyone.  Fact is he started 15 of 16 in year one and 16 of 17th year 3 producing really good numbers.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Think about it, after the Pauline report dudes like Rap/Shef love to get in front of these things, if this was a big nothing burger I really believe rap or Shef would’ve already tore this report down.

You know Rap and Scef has been talking to their sauces and they likely are hearing the same smoke

idk I’m probably just throwing sh*t at the wall at this point 🤷‍♂️
 

but look:  


something is definitely up IMO

This is a super boring draft.  They are reporting on each other’s opinions 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sec143dmf said:

Was also hurt his second season and his college career was also filled with numerous injuries.  Stay away Joe D. Even pick 10 alone is way too much. One solid year of production along with injury concerns. No thanks. Second round pick and 20 mill per year I’m all in but not anything more. 

But then you got Jets fans saying to draft Jameson Williams at 10 who is you know currently injured!!! 🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...