In Joe We Trust! (OC)

45 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Yes, it's so much better to talk doom and gloom, whine, and how much Zach sucks. Not enough of that around here!

Haha, cool thing is if he was killing the accuracy in underoo practice it would mean nothing, because no pads no contact. But since he’s been inaccurate it means he will be terrible. Last year he looked great in pre-season but did struggle with accuracy at times. I’m honestly not sure what to make of it, I can drift negative or positive at times. Yet, with upgraded roster I think we will know the answer this year, plus Joe Flacco could win with this offense I think. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Haha, cool thing is if he was killing the accuracy in underoo practice it would mean nothing, because no pads no contact. But since he’s been inaccurate it means he will be terrible. Last year he looked great in pre-season but did struggle with accuracy at times. I’m honestly not sure what to make of it, I can drift negative or positive at times. Yet, with upgraded roster I think we will know the answer this year, plus Joe Flacco could win with this offense I think. 

He missed 4 of 5 passes in a session.  We're these brand new plays never before run, and they are practicing them for the first time in 11s?  Was he struck with momentary blindness?  Is this a sign that he will be a 20% passer this season before being benched for HOF MW?  Its a few passes in OTAs in early June.  It doesnt mean a thing.

If he had completed 5 of 5 there wouldnt be a celebration by ZW fans the world over.  Its 5 passes in June.  He proceeded to light it up the rest of practice and nobody cares. June.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

You threw me with JJ wearing #11, lol, but nice article. I think it’s hard not to be excited about the team this year, but this board insists on trying to give me reasons. 

Lol, he’s been quoted saying that him and Mims need to “do some business” so I think there’s a shot he gets it ?.

Thanks Slats!

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Now do one on Douglas's first draft.....if you dare!

Oddly enough one of my future “coverages” may be a “what went wrong?” as it pertains to the 2020 class.  Hopefully it just stays in the drafts!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The article has a strong Homer vibe to it. So much  so I stopped reading about halfway through. It just seemed like I knew the article was just a softball.   

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

How about talk about the team evenly. You can't honestly say everything is rainbows and unicorns around this team. 

I think anyone who knows me knows that I’m definitely not a homer, but maybe I didn’t do a good enough job conveying that in writing this.

Part of the reason I post these is for constructive criticism, so I’ll definitely note it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slats said:

He’s not talking about the whole team, he’s recapping a draft that was pretty universally praised. Too bad that you can’t enjoy a three minute read that’s a little positive about the team. 

It's simply my take. If I know what I am about to read before I read it, what is the point?

• Thumb Down 1

If Wilson steps up his game, I see no reason why we can't be a top tier offense. We have loads of weapons. And have the kind of skill players who can be moved around depending on matchups Imagine Carter and Hall in the backfield at the same time. Both those guys can run and catch.  Tough to defend when you have a Moore and Wilson on the outside and a big target in the slot,  like Corey Davis. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The nice think about this draft, and @Mogglez shows in his post, this draft went a long way in NOT needing Zach to be a top 15 Qb. JD went out in FA and grabbed Tomlinson and two TE to help block for two dynamic Rb’s. He also addressed the secondary and a double dip at pass rush. 

Zach needs to reach capable game manager this year & anything above that is gravy! JD did a very good job of getting playmakers. 

Agreed, plus Joe Flacco if needed could likely compete with this offense. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The article has a strong Homer vibe to it. So much  so I stopped reading about halfway through. It just seemed like I knew the article was just a softball.   

As opposed to the negative Nancy stuff you enjoy?  The article isnt over the top in discussing the positive vibe around this draft and team.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As opposed to the negative Nancy shlt you regularly post.

Oh for God's sake. I was actually waiting for papa bear to weigh in on someone not falling all over themselves fawning over his little cub. The team was 4 and 13 last season when you were kind of this guy all season.

This Is Fine GIF

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed, plus Joe Flacco if needed could likely compete with this offense. 

The @T0mShane led Mike White fan club might disagree with you but you are correct. A vet like Flacco could come in week 5 if Zach is floundering at 0-4 due to his play. Saleh will need to cauterize the bleeding.
No way JD/Saleh let this season be wasted due to Zach’s poor development. Too much riding on this year and I would back them on this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh for God's sake. I was actually waiting for papa bear to weigh in on someone not falling all over themselves fawning over his little cub. 

Has nothing to do with the author being my son.  

Sorry I forgot you hate anyone disagreeing with you but commenting on a piece you didnt finish reading deserves a neg reply.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The @T0mShane led Mike White fan club might disagree with you but you are correct. A vet like Flacco could come in week 5 if Zach is floundering at 0-4 due to his play. Saleh will need to cauterize the bleeding.
No way JD/Saleh let this season be wasted due to Zach’s poor development. Too much riding on this year and I would back them on this. 

Thank you, sometimes I feel the madness singling me out. Appreciate you shining a light. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Has nothing to do with the author being my son.  

Sorry I forgot you hate anyone disagreeing with you but commenting on a piece you didnt finish reading deserves a neg reply.  

Yeah right. Tell me honestly had I said that about something  Joe W Namath posted, you would have written the same thing. The answer is no you wouldn't  have because I have already done that dozens of times and you were conspicuously  silent.  

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah right. Tell me honestly had I said that about something  Joe W Namath posted, you would have written the same thing. The answer is no you wouldn't  have because I have already done that dozens of times and you were conspicuously  silent.  

Like you dont comment on my stuff?

Like you should have done here.

I wouldnt call out anyone who put that much into an article he wrote and posted.  But thats me

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

How about talk about the team evenly. You can't honestly say everything is rainbows and unicorns around this team. 

Nor can you only talk about doom and gloom, and how much Zach and Saleh suck. How often is there talk evenly around here? As others have pointed out, a rainbow thread gets 10 posts for every 100 of a doom, whining, and he sucks thread. What does that tell you?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's simply my take. If I know what I am about to read before I read it, what is the point?

How about don't read it and read something else without trashing the article for not fitting your doom and gloom narrative.  I can't believe how some people can't be happy unless they harp on the negative.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like you dont comment on my stuff?

Like you should have done here.

I wouldnt call out anyone who put that much into an article he wrote and posted.  But thats me

I actually didn't  say his writing was poor. I did find it a bit long winded but that is a personal thing. It looked like a well composed piece but it sounded homerish. That's not calling him out.  Calling it out would have been something like please find a new hobby or post this trash elsewhere. I I said nothing like that. It was a small critique, something daddy just couldn't  bare. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Must we draw a conclusion based on such a small sample size?

Any conclusion, good, bad or indifferent, is meaningless at this time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Nor can you only talk about doom and gloom, and how much Zach and Saleh suck. How often is there talk evenly around here? As others have pointed out, a rainbow thread gets 10 posts for every 100 of a doom, whining, and he sucks thread. What does that tell you?

There is always two sides to a conversation.  When a writer just shows one like say Peter King, I dislike the article as much as I would say one that is purely written from the opposite  perspective. I like guys like Breen and Eisen. You can see there fandom but when the team has issues, they call it out. 

16 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

How about don't read it and read something else without trashing the article for not fitting your doom and gloom narrative.  I can't believe how some people can't be happy unless they harp on the negative.  

If you think that trashing him, I don't  know what to tell you.