Robbie Anderson wants to retire?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He sucked and I don’t like that he sucked.  I like players who are good and help the Jets win and stuff.

I also took a lot of sh*t the first weeks of the Carolina season when people threw a premature victory lap, so yeah, I’ll keep sh*tting on him when the opportunity arises, such as threads like these.

Jack Nicholson Deal With It GIF

Fair enough. FYI - I was not one of those guys prematurely crowing. Although I'm giving Darnold 6 games this season before I call him a bust beyond all hope.

On 6/12/2022 at 1:03 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Such a nice kid, who has cost numerous GM's and coaches their jobs and several offensive players millions of dollars.  

But....nice kid and all, so stop being a meanie guys!

The beta boogie boarder is only 25 years old. He could still turn it around and become the next Rich Gannon!

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2022 at 3:30 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd retire too if Sam Darnold was my QB.

@Peace Frog

Please, don’t start tagging him. ??
There is nothing peaceful about that guy, and the last thing we need here again are his drunken homophobic, racist rants.

I know I’ll never remember all his humble brags, but here are a few I can, and also can do without… he claimed to be a long drive champion, world class softball player, triathlon champ, gourmet cook, world traveler, and high end litigator. 
All that, and he still found the time to post here hours on end, all the while looking to argue with everyone about anything.

Quite possibly the most unlikeable personality I’ve ever come across on a message board, and that’s saying a lot. ?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Please, don’t start tagging him. ??
There is nothing peaceful about that guy, and the last thing we need here again are his drunken homophobic, racist rants.

I know I’ll never remember all his humble brags, but here are a few I can, and also can do without… he claimed to be a long drive champion, world class softball player, triathlon champ, gourmet cook, world traveler, and high end litigator. 
All that, and he still found the time to post here hours on end, all the while looking to argue with everyone about anything.

Quite possibly the most unlikeable personality I’ve ever come across on a message board, and that’s saying a lot. ?

I tag him on a lot of Darnold posts because he was a real POS when Darnold had a few good games in Carolina.  Premature victory lap FTW!

• Upvote 4

On 6/11/2022 at 3:39 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

• Sam Darnold:  59.9 % completions, 9 TDs, 13 INTs, 4-7 record, worst starting QB in NFL
  • Robby Anderson:  519 yards, 5 TDs in 2021 after Bridgewater's departure

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, having Robby on this list is a little disingenuous. He was highly productive after leaving the Jets in 2020 while Bershad Perriman (who Douglas brought in to replace him) was a total zero. Robby only cratered because we fleeced them and saddled him with Darnold once again.

It doesn't matter now because we've drafted Wilson and Moore and look to be in the best shape at WR as we have been in a long time. But the Robby move wasn't moving off some guy who couldn't play. It was thinking you could replace that production with a JAG and failing to do so.

On 6/11/2022 at 3:00 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont blame him.  With darnold as the qb, there is 0 reason for the panthers to play football this season.  Darnold is that bad.  They need to get garrapolo once hes cut and i think the panthers make the playoffs in a weak nfc.

There is sooooo much QB talent that will be coming out in the 2023 draft, not spending money now and keeping darnold one more season is a good move.  It is tanking with integrity.  Trying like hell to win games, but assured not to.

Any team that picks in the top 20 next year will be guaranteed to see a potential franchise QB within their reach.

And yes... There are THAT many talented QB's coming out next year.  I estimate 7 qb's going in the first round next year.  Perhaps more. 

37 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, having Robby on this list is a little disingenuous. He was highly productive after leaving the Jets in 2020 while Bershad Perriman (who Douglas brought in to replace him) was a total zero. Robby only cratered because we fleeced them and saddled him with Darnold once again.

He threatened to nut in a cop's wife's eye and is considering retirement at age 29.

• Haha 1

The kid's actually played more seasons than most guys get to, and he made a good chunk of change probably bought himself a nice home here in North Carolina, we know he bought his mom a nice car. Robbie is being smart, why ruin your body playing for a team that is never going to win a Lombardi in its current configuration and with the guy throwing him the ball, even the Pro Bowl paid vacation is unlikely. If you ain't loving what you're doing,  there's a good chance that you're gonna get hurt. Football has been a nice tool and Robbie Anderson has used it smartly, I'm with the kid on this.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sure, but you cited his 2021 numbers, not that he was an immature headcase.

I wasn't trying to write a thesis.  I didn't need to include all the info.  His career has indeed, undeniably, gone down the tubes since being allowed to walk by Douglas.  Teddy Bridgewater isn't there to save him any longer.  Darnold is still the QB1.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

There is sooooo much QB talent that will be coming out in the 2023 draft, not spending money now and keeping darnold one more season is a good move.  It is tanking with integrity.  Trying like hell to win games, but assured not to.

Any team that picks in the top 20 next year will be guaranteed to see a potential franchise QB within their reach.

And yes... There are THAT many talented QB's coming out next year.  I estimate 7 qb's going in the first round next year.  Perhaps more. 

The problem is I dont think Matt Rhule survives that.  He needs to win now.

Posting I think I am going to retire  on social media is cowardly and childish. If you want to retire, do it! What are you looking for people to beg you to stay in the league, attention?

Bitch move, can you imagine sending an email to everyone in your workplace like that. 
Get off my lawn, too old for these antics.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The problem is I dont think Matt Rhule survives that.  He needs to win now.

Could be yes.  He's got the hot seat.  I'm not studied on the Panthers, but I think Fitterer would not mind if Rhuel ends his tenure there with a losing season.  I'm guessing Fitterer is looking to 2023 as a full-blown reset with respect to him hiring *his* HC and *his* QB.  Cant say for sure what pool of potential HC's there will be for Fitterer to pick from, but 2023 is CLEARLY a GM's dream for drafting a QB.  

I see Fitterer moving on from Rhuel.  Most probably already made the decision and Rhuel knows it.  

7 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Posting I think I am going to retire  on social media is cowardly and childish. If you want to retire, do it! What are you looking for people to beg you to stay in the league, attention?

Bitch move, can you imagine sending an email to everyone in your workplace like that. 
Get off my lawn, too old for these antics.

It is like insulting someone and then saying just kidding.

Wait, are you retiring or not? Definitely weird.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wasn't trying to write a thesis.  I didn't need to include all the info.  His career has indeed, undeniably, gone down the tubes since being allowed to walk by Douglas.  Teddy Bridgewater isn't there to save him any longer.  Darnold is still the QB1.

This is just factually untrue, so it’s very much not undeniably — it be very much deniably

1. Douglas made Anderson a 4-year $40MM offer; he hardly “allowed to walk by Douglas”
  2. Anderson took a shorter-length deal to bet on himself, with the idea that he could parlay that into a new contract with even more guaranteed and more per season so his total - in compensation and in guarantees - would be higher.
  3. Then he had an 1100-yard season. The last Jet to exceed this total was back in 2015; before that was 2007.
  4. Then that 1100-yard season directly led to a new contract with a bigger raise & another $20MM guaranteed. He bet on himself and won. It’s doubtful that’d have happened if he spent 2020 here, catching passes from Darnold again.
  5. Then in 2021 he just played like crap, but not before first dunking on the Jets for a 57-yard TD in the season opener (from Darnold, no less). It’s really a couple weeks after that, where he went on a 10-game stretch averaging under 20 yards/game, that he was so horrible. If Carolina had anyone else to start, he deserved to get benched. The first 2 weeks, and the last 5 after their bye, his numbers more or less mirrored his time here (~40-50 yards/game). 
  6. He’s still under contract for this season; also for more than he’d have made if he’d re-signed here.
  7. As likely as not, he’s “thinking of retiring” due to being paid very little in base salary this season. That’s only because 3 months ago his contract was just restructured to pay him ~$12MM of it in advance as new signing bonus money); so his remaining weekly paycheck will be negligible in comparison.

It’s a douche move to publicly contemplate retirement on social media just 3 offseason months after getting another 8-figure bonus check, but he’s clearly not going to retire this year because then he’d have to give it back (if he even still has all of it). 

Meanwhile it’s been 2 seasons and the Jets are still waiting for an 1100-yard season (or even more than a 700-yard season) from any individual. Hopefully it happens this year, but over the initial 2-year deal, before Carolina foolishly extended him further? 

• Anderson (2020-2021) = 1615 yards
  • Perriman (2020) + Davis (2021) = 997 yards

Go get laid or something.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is just factually untrue, so it’s very much not undeniably — it be very much deniably

1. Douglas made Anderson a 4-year $40MM offer; he was hardly “allowed to walk by Douglas”
  2. Anderson took a shorter-length deal to bet on himself, with the idea that he could parlay that into a new contract with even more guaranteed and more per season so his total - in compensation and in guarantees - would be higher.
  3. Then he had an 1100-yard season. The last Jet to exceed this total was back in 2015; before that was 2007.
  4. Then that 1100-yard season directly led to a new contract with a bigger raise & another $20MM guaranteed. He bet on himself and won. It’s doubtful that’d have happened if he spent 2020 here, catching passes from Darnold again.
  5. Then in 2021 he just played like crap, but not before first dunking on the Jets for a 57-yard TD in the season opener (from Darnold, no less). It’s really a couple weeks after that, where he went on a 10-game stretch averaging under 20 yards/game, that he was so horrible. If Carolina had anyone else to start, he deserved to get benched. The first 2 weeks, and the last 5 after their bye, his numbers more or less mirrored his time here (~40-50 yards/game). 
  6. He’s still under contract for this season; also for more than he’d have made if he’d re-signed here.
  7. As likely as not, he’s “thinking of retiring” due to being paid very little in base salary this season. That’s only because 3 months ago his contract was just restructured to pay him ~$12MM of it in advance as new signing bonus money); so his remaining weekly paycheck will be negligible in comparison.

It’s a douche move to publicly contemplate retirement on social media just 3 offseason months after getting another 8-figure bonus check, but he’s clearly not going to retire this year because then he’d have to give it back (if he even still has all of it). 

Meanwhile it’s been 2 seasons and the Jets are still waiting for an 1100-yard season (or even more than a 700-yard season) from any individual. Hopefully it happens this year, but over the initial 2-year deal, before Carolina foolishly extended him further? 

• Anderson (2020-2021) = 1615 yards
  • Perriman (2020) + Davis (2021) = 997 yards

Go get laid or something.

Go threaten to nut in a cop’s wife’s eye or something. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Go threaten to nut in a cop’s wife’s eye or something. 

Anderson's a grade-A asshat AND his career benefitted from leaving the Jets.

The benefits of catching passes from 2021 Darnold vs. 2021 Wilson is a debate you can have with someone else. ;) 

At least he stopped getting arrested lol. 

• Haha 1

In hindsight, I think it's really funny (and sorta sad) how much sturm und drang there was here at JN over this guy.

Like the Fitz arguments, we get so worked up over such sub-par players, because to us, they're the "best" we've had in this horror show of an Era.

Just sad.  Anderson is an absolutely 3rd tier afterthought in the world of NFL WR's, and yet we spent ages nervously ass-clenching about his role then his departure.....

Well, hopefully this changes in 2022.  For the first time in a long time, we actually look like a team with young talent on Offense.  Lets hope it's not the same old mirage.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2022 at 5:12 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

I tag him on a lot of Darnold posts because he was a real POS when Darnold had a few good games in Carolina.  Premature victory lap FTW!

Some mock Tannehill as being a product of his RB when the beginning and end of any position that the weaponz make the QB should be Sammy.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just sad.  Anderson is an absolutely 3rd tier afterthought in the world of NFL WR's, and yet we spent ages nervously ass-clenching about his role then his departure.....

True, but he was still our best WR. It's not that replacing him with a real top WR is a bad move, just that replacing him with Breshad Perriman is... Hopefully Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore make us forget all about these dark days. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

In hindsight, I think it's really funny (and sorta sad) how much sturm und drang there was here at JN over this guy.

Like the Fitz arguments, we get so worked up over such sub-par players, because to us, they're the "best" we've had in this horror show on an Era.

Sad but true. The issue for me is some of  these players get paid so much, can **** up and get in all kinds of sh*t and still make millions, then act like entitled brats seeking attention. I can usually give two sh*ts what former players do but this was like a child who never got a trophy for sub par play and screams I’m quitting! 
It seems gone are the days of the quite professional. 

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

True, but he was still our best WR. It's not that replacing him with a real top WR is a bad move, just that replacing him with Breshad Perriman is... Hopefully Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore make us forget all about these dark days. 

I'm looking forward. 

Wasting even another second on Robbie Anderson analysis is just silly now.

JMO.

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

Sad but true. The issue for me is some of  these players get paid so much, can **** up and get in all kinds of sh*t and still make millions, then act like entitled brats seeking attention. I can usually give two sh*ts what former players do but this was like a child who never got a trophy for sub par play and screams I’m quitting! 
It seems gone are the days of the quite professional. 

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

And the society that created and enables the game.

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/12/2022 at 3:48 AM, Fantasy Island said:

Robbie don’t trust Sammy.

Don’t blame him.

I also wouldn’t trust an organization that committed one of the most egregious unforced errors in league history by picking up Darnold’s 5th year option.

• Upvote 2

On 6/12/2022 at 1:08 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm old enough to remember when some on this forum thought JD was a fool for letting him go. 

How could you not remember? They were so low key about it.

Don’t worry if he has one good game ever during the rest of his career as a backup they will surface again like earthworms after rain.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Anderson's a grade-A asshat AND his career benefitted from leaving the Jets.

The benefits of catching passes from 2021 Darnold vs. 2021 Wilson is a debate you can have with someone else. ;) 

At least he stopped getting arrested lol. 

I don’t think Anderson would have succeeded here either (though he had to be in at least a slightly better situation here with a bigger armed QB in Wilson) but there’s no doubt in my mind Douglas made the right call to not up his offer to him when Carolina came calling.  Our WR room looks worlds better than it did in 2019-2020.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:00 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont blame him.  With darnold as the qb, there is 0 reason for the panthers to play football this season.  Darnold is that bad.  They need to get garrapolo once hes cut and i think the panthers make the playoffs in a weak nfc.

well if McCaffery is better they can always win 3 or 4 of the first 5 games running his ass into the ground like they did last year you know when Darnold supporters were thinking that was Darnold winning games when we all knew it was McCaffery

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1