Becton, Fant, Uzomah, and Lawson to start camp on the PUP list

22 hours ago, slats said:

I’m always a safe vote for trading down but, again, I’ve never seen anything anywhere that suggested that the 49ers ever approached the Jets about that trade. 

If they did trade down, what does that look like? Who’s the QB last year? Darnold? Was there a vet that was willing to come to the team? This year’s draft had no QBs, so we’re still riding with that guy or did we get some other castoff? Sucks if it turns out that Wilson sucks, but there’s a lot of solid logic behind taking the top QB on your board when you’re picking #2 overall. You have to get that QB. If you don’t draft him, you have to pay thru the nose for a Stafford or <gulp> Watson. 

What would our outlook be this year if we didn’t draft Wilson. 

At least with Wilson we have some hope.  Without him….I think the outlook this year is a lot bleaker as we head into camp with a Mike White, Joe Flacco, Kenny Picket competition. 

• WTF? 1

On 7/21/2022 at 5:36 PM, munchmemory said:

The day of the Becton trade/cut is coming.  Sooner than some here expect.  And on that day, it will hit those thralls like a 20 megaton bomb.  I will sip a mojito.

I hope you were able to sleep during those long 5 days Becton was on the pup list.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Congrats on being wrong....again . Enjoy your usual lap of failure. 

What was I wrong about, exactly?  I've been a Pro-Becton guy all along (in regards to the injury).

You're so eager and desperate to pat yourself on the back, it's pretty funny.  

On 7/25/2022 at 6:58 AM, IndianaJet said:

At least with Wilson we have some hope.  Without him….I think the outlook this year is a lot bleaker as we head into camp with a Mike White, Joe Flacco, Kenny Picket competition. 

I don't see why the alternative to drafting Wilson would mean that this would be the kind of trio of QBs we'd be looking at.  And no, I don't think it would have meant that we'd have to hold on to Darnold for another year, either.  No way Douglas should have turned down the picks he got from Carolina for a bad QB on an expiring contract.

To me, not drafting Wilson = adding a vet QB or 2 into the mix, from a list that would include guys like Gardner Minshew, Mitchell Trubisky, Jameis Winston, Tyrod Taylor and Andy Dalton.

Additionally, it also might have meant taking a midround QB from that 2021 class that could have ended up being....say....Davis Mills?  Who knows.

It wouldn't have meant we would have just sat on the QBs we had on the roster until 2022.

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2022 at 6:58 AM, IndianaJet said:

If we didn't  draft Wilson, we probably have a different vet QB like Brissett or Mayfield at thos point. 

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Congrats on being wrong....again . Enjoy your usual lap of failure. 

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Given you waited till the outcome was known to reply, not really.  Congrats on your guess coming true?

Whatever camp you fall in be it pro or anti Becton no one should be taking any laps of victory or failure on their respective positions 
Let’s see how Becton holds up first through training camp then how he plays during the season as we all know this season will determine if JD picks up his fourth and fifth year options.  Still a looooong ways always from making that decision.

I think we all can agree that the hope is Becton makes it an easy decision to pick up those options and also deemed worthy of a contract extension.

Becton and AVT becoming our version of Shell & Upshaw would be to good to be true 

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't see why the alternative to drafting Wilson would mean that this would be the kind of trio of QBs we'd be looking at.  And no, I don't think it would have meant that we'd have to hold on to Darnold for another year, either.  No way Douglas should have turned down the picks he got from Carolina for a bad QB on an expiring contract.

To me, not drafting Wilson = adding a vet QB or 2 into the mix, from a list that would include guys like Gardner Minshew, Mitchell Trubisky, Jameis Winston, Tyrod Taylor and Andy Dalton.

Additionally, it also might have meant taking a midround QB from that 2021 class that could have ended up being....say....Davis Mills?  Who knows.

It wouldn't have meant we would have just sat on the QBs we had on the roster until 2022.

We would be celebrating Jimmy G seeking a trade and screaming” get it done Joe D, get it done!”” 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Whatever camp you fall in be it pro or anti Becton no one should be taking any laps of victory or failure on their respective positions 
Let’s see how Becton holds up first through training camp then how he plays during the season as we all know this season will determine if JD picks up his fourth and fifth year options.  Still a looooong ways always from making that decision.

I think we all can agree that the hope is Becton makes it an easy decision to pick up those options and also deemed worthy of a contract extension.

Becton and AVT becoming our version of Shell & Upshaw would be to good to be true 

I don't know why people have such doubts. Becton was excellent in his rookie season . Just keep GVR away from him and he will be fine. Considering he isn't a Jet anymore, that should be easy.  

• Upvote 1