THERE IS A FOOTBALL GAME ON TONIGHT

For the life of me I don’t understand how people can stomach the comic book and Star Wars sh*t anymore.
It’s been milked beyond bone dry at this point.
Watched The Northman last week and what a damn breath of fresh air.
The Northman ... played by Eric Northman.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

866a9348ffa6a09a92ba1605882f224b.jpg

57 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

NFL telecasts have become almost unwatchable.  I'd say maybe....maybe 50% of the plays actually get called by the announcers, the other 50% is spent chit chatting with people during play and the commentators telling some inane stories.

Aren’t you watching the game on tv?

this isn’t radio.  Just look at the plays with your eyes. 

49 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

For the life of me I don’t understand how people can stomach the comic book and Star Wars sh*t anymore.

I've heard very mixed reviews of The Northman.... isn't it directed by the guy that made The Lighthouse?

38 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Aren’t you watching the game on tv?

this isn’t radio.  Just look at the plays with your eyes. 

Part of the expected package of a game is to have a play by play guy and a colour commentator.

And that is not at all an unreasonable expectation.

34 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've heard very mixed reviews of The Northman.... isn't it directed by the guy that made The Lighthouse?

Yes

I personally didn’t really care for The Lighthouse.

But I thought The Northman was awesome. Brutal Viking epic with some great visuals. I’ve always been a huge fan of Norse mythology and this really scratched that itch.

Rarely do you get movies like this anymore.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

the only RB (outside of Carter of course) last year that showed anything was Walter - also the only guy we totaly cut. Also the best back tonight, outshined Drake

That’s just silly .  First both teams were missing so many players from this game.  When A Walter was playing , most of these players will be doing something beside playing football .( who cares what anyone does at that point ).    A Walter has no shot to make the Raiders 53 man roster .   Best bet for him is to try to get practice squad spot.   K Drake will be playing on Sundays as his receiving skills are top notch.    

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

That’s just silly .  First both teams were missing so many players from this game.  When A Walter was playing , most of these players will be doing something beside playing football .( who cares what anyone does at that point ).    A Walter has no shot to make the Raiders 53 man roster .   Best bet for him is to try to get practice squad spot.   K Drake will be playing on Sundays as his receiving skills are top notch.    

Agree with most of this.  I cannot guess on Walter making the roster.  But this game wasn't a barometer.

All it really showed me is Jax has a long way to go before game 1.

Pretty sure if Steven Hawkins was still with us, he could have ran on Jax last night

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

NFL telecasts have become almost unwatchable.  I'd say maybe....maybe 50% of the plays actually get called by the announcers, the other 50% is spent chit chatting with people during play and the commentators telling some inane stories.

Happens during every HOF games as long as I remember they talk to that years inductees 

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Wow, the Northman sucked and Obi-Wan was pretty awesome. 

I cant sit down and watching meaningless Football.  That was unwatchable garbage last night.  I get a big kick out people trying to analyze and trying take anything about any player or team away from that clown show last night.  It's the most meaningless garbage you can watch but I will admit, I had it on in the background because I'm desperate for Football while I was streaming Mets/Braves.  At one point, during a commercial break of the baseball game, I overheard Collinsworth go on about Arden Key, talking about how the Raiders had him let him go and then he want to San Fran and had a good year, so they brought him back!!! ...as he makes a tackle for the Jags.  lmfao.  I dont even know how you could possibly do that with a working brain.

• Haha 1

I watch it on mute and play some good music.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I cant sit down and watching meaningless Football.  That was unwatchable garbage last night.  I get a big kick out people trying to analyze and trying take anything about any player or team away from that clown show last night.  It's the most meaningless garbage you can watch but I will admit, I had it on in the background because I'm desperate for Football while I was streaming Mets/Braves.  At one point, during a commercial break of the baseball game, I overheard Collinsworth go on about Arden Key, talking about how the Raiders had him let him go and then he want to San Fran and had a good year, so they brought him back!!! ...as he makes a tackle for the Jags.  lmfao.  I dont even know how you could possibly do that with a working brain.

The only wat the NFL could get people to watch the Jags/Raiders is to put it on in the middle of the summer when fans are absolutely desperate.  During the season, nobody would watch them.

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Drake is spent. Accept it

• Upvote 1

I think they've proven the pre-season is abysmal. Give us 18 real games (2 byes) and 1 pre-season game for each team. Let teams schedule scrimmages amongst themselves if they wish. The pre-season product is just getting worse and worse. That game was utterly painful to watch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, JiFapono said:

The dumbest thing C Collinsworth said was brandon Parker who was playing Lt yesterday because there was no need to play their Lt Kolton Miller , he was one of the Raiders best  offense lineman .   Every Raider fan who heard that laugh their arse off .      He’s garbage, and every single Raider fan has wanted that guy gone for years now.     Do some home work, and don’t say things you’re making up because you sound like a moron .

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

Drake is spent. Accept it

Drake is coming off a broken ankle from last year. ( just started practicing    Drake is a big time receiving threat where you can do a lot of things with him.   That is his value .    Can move him outside before the snap , and get serious mismatch against a Lb deep.    With D Adams , D Waller, and Hunter Renfrow  defenses have their hands full worrying about these guys.    Raiders RBs will never see eight men in  the box. You put a guy like Drake out there , and he’s going to eat.   Josh McDaniel keeps a lot of RBs on the roster.  Will they keep 4 or five .( not counting the Fb.   1. Josh Jacobs - will run in the ground as not going to pay him 2. Brandon Bolden - third down back , and qb protector . 3 Zamir White - will be the main Rb when Jacobs and Drake are gone after this year . Can learn a lot from DrAke . 4 Ameer Abdullah - plays special teams kick returner 5 Drake - have eat a lot of dead cap money if they cut him .   
https://youtu.be/A7zCZmzSWcY

20 hours ago, JiFapono said:

What you get in preseason is some really bad Qb play.  None of those Qbs competing for backup Qb job for the Raiders are starting caliber NFL Qbs . The Raiders have serious super bowl aspirations but if D Carr goes down , the season goes down the drain.   ( some big drop off from him to backup Qb.That why you can have all the talent in the world , but if you don’t have the Qb play -good luck producing on offense.    

Also preseason games is trying to figure out your 53 man roster , not winning the game. . Very vanilla on offense , + defense , as you want to see players competing against other NFL prospects to see who makes the cut .   

Two things about eggers ... there is considerable thought behind his films and they are beautiful to look at.

Havent seen The Northman yet .. but cant wait.

Superhero genre cant go away fast enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

What you get in preseason is some really bad Qb play.  None of those Qbs competing for backup Qb job for the Raiders are starting caliber NFL Qbs . The Raiders have serious super bowl aspirations but if D Carr goes down , the season goes down the drain.   ( some big drop off from him to backup Qb.That why you can have all the talent in the world , but if you don’t have the Qb play -good luck producing on offense.    

Also preseason games is trying to figure out your 53 man roster , not winning the game. . Very vanilla on offense , + defense , as you want to see players competing against other NFL prospects to see who makes the cut .   

Wow, thanks Raiderholic, this was profound!  Prior to this post, I never knew what teams got out of the preseason and the importance of the QB position!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Drake is coming off a broken ankle from last year. ( just started practicing    Drake is a big time receiving threat where you can do a lot of things with him.   That is his value .    Can move him outside before the snap , and get serious mismatch against a Lb deep.    With D Adams , D Waller, and Hunter Renfrow  defenses have their hands full worrying about these guys.    Raiders RBs will never see eight men in  the box. You put a guy like Drake out there , and he’s going to eat.   Josh McDaniel keeps a lot of RBs on the roster.  Will they keep 4 or five .( not counting the Fb.   1. Josh Jacobs - will run in the ground as not going to pay him 2. Brandon Bolden - third down back , and qb protector . 3 Zamir White - will be the main Rb when Jacobs and Drake are gone after this year . Can learn a lot from DrAke . 4 Ameer Abdullah - plays special teams kick returner 5 Drake - have eat a lot of dead cap money if they cut him .   

I didn’t read a damn word of this - bc You have no fckin clue how to have a conversation. There’s no version of you ever saying things like—

-good point 

-maybe, but

-it’s possible however

-point made 

You were born without interpersonal genes and no EQ whatsoever. Means you’re probably a manager somewhere.  

Drake is done. Now watch you quote that and ignore everything else. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 3:58 AM, Raideraholic said:

A Walter has no shot to make the Raiders 53 man roster .   Best bet for him is to try to get practice squad spot.   K Drake will be playing on Sundays as his receiving skills are top notch.    

On 8/5/2022 at 7:41 PM, Raideraholic said:

Raiders RBs will never see eight men in  the box. You put a guy like Drake out there , and he’s going to eat.   Josh McDaniel keeps a lot of RBs on the roster.  Will they keep 4 or five 1. Josh Jacobs - will run in the ground as not going to pay him 2. Brandon Bolden - third down back , and qb protector . 3 Zamir White - will be the main Rb when Jacobs and Drake are gone after this year . Can learn a lot from DrAke . 4 Ameer Abdullah - plays special teams kick returner 5 Drake - have eat a lot of dead cap money if they cut him .   

MEANWHILE RAIDERS: *release K. Drake*

Clean my shoes while you're down there--

Marvel Cinematic Universe GIF by Leroy Patterson

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

MEANWHILE RAIDERS: *release K. Drake*

Clean my shoes while you're down there--

Marvel Cinematic Universe GIF by Leroy Patterson

Yes they did because they are loaded at Rb .     They have very deep running back room .     No Shame  in getting cut from that running back room , and staff who didn’t sign have anything loyalty to him .K Drake is going to help some team that picks him up because his receiving skills are top notch.   ( surprising doesn’t pick up the blitz as well you like your third down back).    He’s has serious Wr skills . 1   J Jacobs 2 . Z White 3 B Bolden( patriots third down back) 4 . Ameer  Abdullah - receiving back + special teams  5 Britain Brown - not going to make anyone miss but is short yardage back .       6. FB Jakob Johnson - patriots Fb     Probably will keep six Rbs .  A Walter will be on ps .