Just watched the game - this board needs therapy…

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Shattered unrealistic expectations lead to massive hyperbolic overreactions. More at 11.

You said it. This is exactly what happened.
This was an interesting and eye opening event for me.
That thread made it look like it wasnt worth following the season already

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

zach wasnt bad except for that int. Dude just was warming up. And his knee? LOL it was NOTHING. It just looked he he fell. There was no twist.

Not his fault it wasn't his birthday yesterday. Because if it was, oh man, look out Eagles.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This is just a flat out lie. How did their opening 80 yard drive for a touchdown look like crap? What are you talking about. At least try to be objective through the green glasses 

Good for them. Wish we had an 80 yard drive.

They had plenty of their own bad plays and disappointments.

They didnt have a 2 minute drill for a TD to win the game either

so maybe youre not us objective as you think, sugar plum

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

First defensive series, give up easy td drive.

First offensive drive INT.

Second offensive drive Wilson seemingly out for the year. 

You have to be pretty optimistic to not think the season was over after that. 

I made it clear that it was disappointing

My point, that youre missing, is that this board had a nutty overreaction to an early august preseason game. MASSIVE

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 4

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

First defensive series, give up easy td drive.

First offensive drive INT.

Second offensive drive Wilson seemingly out for the year. 

You have to be pretty optimistic to not think the season was over after that. 

Thanks you proved my point.

I don't have to say anything anymore because you need therapy

You literally just stated that it is reasonable to declare the upcoming season over based on….. ::gulp:: ……the first 12 minutes of the first preseason game.

So there ya go lil betty thanks

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I did not watch last night but I followed the game thread. I just watched the replay.

The picture painted last night resembled something like this was the lowest point in jet history. Some guys described how awful zach played how his knee buckled like theisman.

Well, overall it was not anything like that. Perfect? No. Disappointing? Absolutely. But holy mother god do most of you guys overreact.

zach wasnt bad except for that int. Dude just was warming up. And his knee? LOL it was NOTHING. It just looked he he fell. There was no twist.

I didn’t even know they won because i was so pissed following the game thread i cut out.

MAJOR OVERREACTION SEEK THERAPY

It's a goddamn exhibition game . Any SMART QB would slide , not dive head first . Poor QB sense .

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Origen said:

Dude that 2 minute drill was mostly guys who will be working other jobs next week, not indicative how the game would have played.  It would probably have been 45-3.

Heres the next overreaction.

Yes of course ….lets make believe…make pretend if you will, that ALL the jet starters were involved in that last drive vs. the Eagles 3rd stringers.

Because its fun and true! Thank you  Sammy shoelaces for that input hun

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Thanks you proved my point.

I don't have to say anything anymore because you need therapy

You literally just stated that it is reasonable to declare the upcoming season over based on….. ::gulp:: ……the first 12 minutes of the first preseason game.

So there ya go lil betty thanks

If Zach had a season ending knee injury, in the first 12 minutes, yeah.

For the Jets to come out like they did - It was a disaster! Starting defense looked horrible and gives up an easy TD. Starting offense couldn't run then Zach throws a horrible interception. Down 14-0 right off the bat after such high hopes all offseason. On top of all that Zach gets hurt and possibly out for the season - Yes it was a disaster and we all had to suffer thru it knowing Zach most likely out for the season - thank goodness it appears he won't be out long but last night was not fun. On top of that the Mets lost.?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

If Zach had a season ending knee injury, in the first 12 minutes, yeah.

Lol last night i rewound that tiny grainy twitter clip a dozen times. Every time i saw nothing. But it was grainy and small.

So today I watched on my 65. Watched it a dozen times. There is NO twist or buckle or anything. There just isnt. Yet the doctors here saw a twist. Or a buckle. They saw something for sure according to the thread.

And the season was over just like that. Blew out his knee. Torn acl.

HOLY OVERREACTION 

• Upvote 2