JETS forfeit Week 2: Flacco to start against Browns

Vudu

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How to explain that Flacco has never won a game when playing for the Jets and White has?  And Flacco has had 5 times the opportunity.

It's not necessarily true that Flacco gives a better chance to win.  That's an opinion, nothing but a hope and most likely a fallacy.  

lol you guys give way too much credit to White for that one game he won for us. Yes, it was the greatest moment we have had here in a few years but keep things in perspective. White is not a qb in this league. He had a good game, thats it. 

You give him more credit for winning ONE game than you give the old man for winning a superbowl. 

I dont like either of them but cmon man.

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

What does that say ?? When your starting QB is 10x better than your backups and you are that uncertain about your starter.  Means you need better backups.

I am not sure if I don't understand you or you don't understand the NFL.  There are 32 teams, but considerably less than 32 QBs with the capability of winning regularly in the NFL absent a great deal of luck and being carried by the rest of their team.  Having one of those QBs is the goal.  The idea you can have more than one is a pipe dream.  The Chargers having Brees and Rivers was an incredible stroke of luck.  You think Andy Reid should be on the hot seat because his backup is Chad Henne?  Did Arians retire in Tampa because he was worried about being forced out over the decision to roll with Blaine Gabbert behind Brady?  

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

What exactly would you like him to do differently?

Start Mike White (or why in the world did you re sign him this offseason?)

Stop giving medical updates just say it’s up to the medical staff when a player will return

lose the stupid slogans, nobody is buying in anyway

put in a Package for Streveler. Let LaFleur get creative

deactivate Flacco this week. Nobody cares what happens when he plays. Fix that. Give the fans a reason to care.

get Garrett Wilson and Mims more involved in the offense. One was the #10 pick, and the other is a 2nd, see what he’s got for once and for all.

don’t be afraid to go for it on 4th downs. (Our P and PK both suck, and let’s be honest, the team does also. At least be aggressive)

• Post of the Week 2

14 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

ylol you guys give way too much credit to White for that one game he won for us. Yes, it was the greatest moment we have had here in a few years but keep things in perspective. White is not a qb in this league. He had a good game, thats it. 

You give him more credit for winning ONE game than you give the old man for winning a superbowl. 

How anyone can say with a straight face that flacco gives us a better chance to win is just insanity at this point.

0-10 his last 10 starts. It speaks for itself.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

ylol you guys give way too much credit to White for that one game he won for us. Yes, it was the greatest moment we have had here in a few years but keep things in perspective. White is not a qb in this league. He had a good game, thats it. 

Serious question. If the only games Wilson played last year, he performed like Mike White did in his, how would you feel about him?

I ask you because I respect your opinion, and imo performance matters at least as much as potential. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Serious question. If the only games Wilson played last year, he performed like Mike White did in his, how would you feel about him?

I ask you because I respect your opinion, and imo performance matters at least as much as potential. 

I honestly am trying my hardest to be objective about Wilson because many people here see things about him that I do not yet see. He wasnt my pick but I have been wrong before so hopefully I am again. If Mike White played that way in more than one game then I'd be on board but he got a hell of a lot of support from his teammates that day. The team won that game and White should get credit for his part......but it was still ONE game and there is no QB that will win me over that easily. 

When Wilson comes back I expect him to have a rough go of it if the line looks the same as it did on Sunday but in a few weeks after plahying together a bit they should look better and so should he. Will he have a "Mike White" game this year? Maybe, maybe not...let's hope so.

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

But it isnt. We won a game with another QB on the roster.

Statistically, we have a better chance of winning with Mike White. Since it actually happened.

A game............ONE.

I'll bet you $100 bucks to the charity of the others choice to be paid in full if he EVER in the next 50 years has another game like that one for ANY other team in the league. 

Hell, I'll put it in my will. 

8 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

A game............ONE.

I'll bet you $100 bucks to the charity of the others choice to be paid in full if he EVER in the next 50 years has another game like that one for ANY other team in the league. 

Hell, I'll put it in my will. 

A game throwing for 400 yards is rare even for great QBs.

The best chance to win a game clearly isnt Flacco. That's why he is 0-10.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yep.

I could see the Jets going 0-3, and then we're told Wilson isn't quite ready yet.

So Flacco plays on, and we go 0-4.  At 0-4 the year is effectively over from a "compete for a postseason berth" perspective.

Then Zach comes in, plays like poop to start, but "improves" like he "improved" last year, and we're right back where we started.

-We need another year to know what we have in Zach!

-Zach improved as the year went on, can't you see that elite potential and talent he flashed!

-Can't blame Zach or Saleh, Zach was hurt, it happens!

-Stop kicking a Dead Horse, 2023 is gonna be lit!

-Followed up in the pre-2023 offseason with "2023 is really year 2 of the rebuild, we have to give them more time, 2024 will be lit!

I believe from Salehs comments that he us the driving force for Flacco and Flacco does not have unanimous support maybe not even majority support. If Flacco stinks again I think a lot aligns with White getting the nod especially the rematch element.

Also why do sp many assume Zach who clearly improved last season will be bad to start especially considering all the weapons?

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I believe from Salehs comments that he us the driving force for Flacco and Flacco does not have unanimous support maybe not even majority support. If Flacco stinks again I think a lot aligns with White getting the nod especially the rematch element.

Also why do sp many assume Zach who clearly improved last season will be bad to start especially considering all the weapons?

I think Zach is going to put up another electric 234 yards passing with 1 TD and 0 INTs when gets back against the Steelers.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Also why do so many assume Zach who clearly improved last season will be bad to start especially considering all the weapons?

Zach did not in fact "clearly improve".

His rate of throwing Interceptions improved, greatly.

His overall quality of play or level of production did not meaningfully improve.  He was less productive, not more.

The numbers are there if one cares to look, but most don't.  The "eye test" and hope seems enough for most folks.

But the "eye test" and the numbers tell two very different tales.

I presume he will have a slow start because he:

1. Had a very poor year last year

2. Suffered an Injury

3. Has now sat for several weeks not practicing

Those seem reasonable as reasons to not expect Peyton Manning in his first start back from injury.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach did not in fact "clearly improve".

His rate of throwing Interceptions improved, greatly.

His overall quality of play or level of production did not meaningfully improve.  He was less productive, not more.

The numbers are there if one cares to look, but most don't.  The "eye test" and hope seems enough for most folks.

But the "eye test" and the numbers tell two very different tales.

I presume he will have a slow start because he:

1. Had a very poor year last year

2. Suffered an Injury

3. Has now sat for several weeks not practicing

Those seem reasonable as reasons to not expect Peyton Manning in his first start back from injury.

Fair enough. Yes his second half stats were worse buy u think he very clearly improved and more than just in int rate. His team was dropping like flies around him at the end of the year. For me the biggest thing I saw us the game slowed down for him.  I expect he will be better, not sure if he will be a franchise guy but he us in my view clearly better than our other options

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

How on earth can you spout this opinion with a straight face?   There is a legitimate question as to whether White and/or Flacco gives us a better chance to win than our ostensible starting QB.  They are fine at backup QB.   Not too many teams win with their backup QB.   The actual problem is that we are still uncertain about our starting QB.

If you have the same worthless attitude as most nfl gms have.  Get a back up who cannot play because they might 'threaten' the starter and they are cheap and if the starter goes down just write off the season.

Teams hand out money to all sorts of players and yet when it comes to a viable backup it is unheard of and yet each year guys like trubisky dalton, mariota etc kick around still viable QBs compared to joe freakin flacco .

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, billo83 said:

Agreed on the turnovers. I'll add that the wide receivers need to catch the f#@$n  ball. I think that is the most maddening thing for me is a dropped pass, especially with a quarterback like flacco. IMO, Davis should be forced to work with the jugs machine until he's blue in the face

This machine?

breast big boobs GIF

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you have the same worthless attitude as most nfl gms have.  Get a back up who cannot play because they might 'threaten' the starter and they are cheap and if the starter goes down just write off the season.

Teams hand out money to all sorts of players and yet when it comes to a viable backup it is unheard of and yet each year guys like trubisky dalton, mariota etc kick around still viable QBs compared to joe freakin flacco .

If we had Trubisky, Dalton or Mariota you would be saying that each year we have Trubisky, Dalton, or Mariota while still viable QBs like Flacco and the other two are still kicking around. 

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

A game throwing for 400 yards is rare even for great QBs.

The best chance to win a game clearly isnt Flacco. That's why he is 0-10.

its not "rare" its just not common, there is a difference.

and are you willing to make the bet that he will never even sniff 300 yards again? How abour 250? What is your threshhold?

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

and are you willing to make the bet that he will never even sniff 300 yards again? How abour 250? What is your threshhold?

rare

(of an event, situation, or condition) not occurring often.

Common

occurring, found, or done often

Saying something is rare literally mean it's not done commonly.

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

lol you guys give way too much credit to White for that one game he won for us. Yes, it was the greatest moment we have had here in a few years but keep things in perspective. White is not a qb in this league. He had a good game, thats it. 

Flacco is 0-7 with the Jets and you think he gives a better chance to win?  Good one.  Flacco has lost every single game played for the Jets. Every one. All seven.  Insanity is repeating the same thing over and expecting a different result.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Zach is going to put up another electric 234 yards passing with 1 TD and 0 INTs when gets back against the Steelers.

Would be pretty solid if he winning with those stats..as a 17 game average.

3978 yards, 17TD, No INT's...I would sign up for that - and feel pretty good that we have our FQB for next year.

Assuming they're winning games and it's not garbage time yards and scores - which I wouldn't expect because that wasn't what he was doing last year over the last quarter of the season.  He had them in those games late.  Even the Buffalo game was 13-10 going into the 4th quarter.

I think we can rest assured when Zach's back he's going to keep the team in games.  It's about winning, not stats.

13 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Also for fun and I'm bored I looked. 

NFL plays 272 games a season in total.

Only 16 times did a QB throw for 400 yards last season.

So, 5% of the games. 2.5% of the QBs. I don't know about you, but something not happening 95+% of the time sounds rare to me.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Would be pretty solid if he winning with those stats..as a 17 game average.

3978 yards, 17TD, No INT's...I would sign up for that - and feel pretty good that we have our FQB for next year.

Assuming they're winning games and it's not garbage time yards and scores - which I wouldn't expect because that wasn't what he was doing last year over the last quarter of the season.  He had them in those games late.  Even the Buffalo game was 13-10 going into the 4th quarter.

I think we can rest assured when Zach's back he's going to keep the team in games.  It's about winning, not stats.

There is nobody resting assured about Zach Wilson, the worst QB in football.

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

So, 5% of the games. 2.5% of the QBs. I don't know about you, but something not happening 95+% of the time sounds rare to me.

oh......you mean rare in ONE season? hahahahaha well of course QB's are not doing it multiple times a season unless they have a pretty good system and wr's. That still doesnt mean its rare...

Rare is Mike White doing it again anytime in the next 5 years.

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

So, 5% of the time. I don't know about you, but something not happening 95% of the time sounds rare to me.

Joe Flacco has never thrown for 400+ yards in his entire career.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Flacco is 0-7 with the Jets and you think he gives a better chance to win?  Good one.  Flacco has lost every single game played for the Jets. Every one. All seven.  Insanity is repeating the same thing over and expecting a different result.  

Flacco sucks. There is no debate there

What else is not in question is that soes does every other non starting qb on the roster except they have even less experience.