JETS forfeit Week 2: Flacco to start against Browns

Vudu

Just now, DLJ said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/14/report-joe-flacco-will-start-for-jets-this-week/

After the Jets lost 24-9 to the Ravens in their season opener, Jets head coach Robert Saleh was asked about fans at MetLife Stadium chanting for Mike White to replace Joe Flacco as the team’s quarterback.

Saleh said that Flacco would “more than likely” remain the team’s starter against the Browns in Week Two, but added that “everything’s always under discussion and under review.” The last few days have not changed his mind about going with Flacco.

Rich Cimini of ESPN reports that the Jets will stick with the veteran as they continue to wait for Zach Wilson to be cleared to return from his knee injury.

Flacco was 37-of-59 for 307 yards, a touchdown and an interception in the loss.

translation:  white gets garbage time now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Alka said:

Jets will win this Sunday, as I have posted.  I understand that I'm in the minority, but I feel that the offensive line and Flacco will look better than they did last weekend.  I'm predicting a 20-17 win.  Defense will continue to look like the real deal.

The game will be over by the second quarter.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

Jets will win this Sunday, as I have posted.  I understand that I'm in the minority, but I feel that the offensive line and Flacco will look better than they did last weekend.  I'm predicting a 20-17 win.  Defense will continue to look like the real deal.

I could see this.  Though more likely, I think we play a better game but still lose in a close one.  Cleveland 20 Jets 17.

• Upvote 1

okay so flacco is a pretty immobile qb.  that's pretty well known but the way the oline was playing matador pass and run blocking they could've put joe montana or tom brady and things still wouldn't have turned out well.  the key is to get the oline straightened out and get some better play from the defense.  and let's not forget the two fumbles weren't on flacco.  they need to stop turning the ball over and start creating some.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, DLJ said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/14/report-joe-flacco-will-start-for-jets-this-week/

After the Jets lost 24-9 to the Ravens in their season opener, Jets head coach Robert Saleh was asked about fans at MetLife Stadium chanting for Mike White to replace Joe Flacco as the team’s quarterback.

Saleh said that Flacco would “more than likely” remain the team’s starter against the Browns in Week Two, but added that “everything’s always under discussion and under review.” The last few days have not changed his mind about going with Flacco.

Rich Cimini of ESPN reports that the Jets will stick with the veteran as they continue to wait for Zach Wilson to be cleared to return from his knee injury.

Flacco was 37-of-59 for 307 yards, a touchdown and an interception in the loss.

Meh whatever. I'm good with Flacco too start.  He could have been better but wasn't terrible against the Ravens. 

Personally outside of some stupid mistakes by the WRs, RB. TE and ST, I thought the Jets played pretty good ball against a team I thought would dominate them. 

I think the Browns is a very winnable game and good with Joe leading. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

The Jets better just run the ball and not fumble. This would be progress. I dont need too see Flacco throw the ball even 20 times. I hope Saleh has been getting that point home and Hall and Conklin each were given a ball to hold for the week. If team is not moving the ball and not converting 3rd downs, Flacco needs to be replaced immediately.

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Right, but you are interested in the board imploding?  Again? 

I have no control over how this team performs. I am going to continue to watch them play and follow them on this site. 
That said I believe we’re no better than a 5 win team, mainly because I have no faith in either our HC or QB changing that for the better any time soon. Rather than enduring a 6-7 win season, and having some buy in that they will, I think an implosion would force a change to both at the end of the year. So yes.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay so flacco is a pretty immobile qb.  that's pretty well known but the way the oline was playing matador pass and run blocking they could've put joe montana or tom brady and things still wouldn't have turned out well.  the key is to get the oline straightened out and get some better play from the defense.  and let's not forget the two fumbles weren't on flacco.  they need to stop turning the ball over and start creating some.

Agreed on the turnovers. I'll add that the wide receivers need to catch the f#@$n  ball. I think that is the most maddening thing for me is a dropped pass, especially with a quarterback like flacco. IMO, Davis should be forced to work with the jugs machine until he's blue in the face

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I have no control over how this team performs. I am going to continue to watch them play and follow them on this site. 
That said I believe we’re no better than a 5 win team, mainly because I have no faith in either our HC or QB changing that for the better any time soon. Rather than enduring a 6-7 win season, and having some buy in that they will, I think an implosion would force a change to both at the end of the year. So yes.

You have faith in our OC?