F…..ALLLLL…..Zach Wilson HATER’S

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I didn’t dismiss what he did at the end of the game. I said He played good down the stretch and got us the W. I hope he can do a lot more of that going forward. 

But some people are saying he played a terrific game start to finish and I just don’t agree with that. 

I don’t see anyone saying he was terrific.  I do see many admitting he made some bad decisions and had obvious rust which was true. but the most important thing is coming back down 10 in crunch time. Fans are excited to see that and they should be 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I didn’t dismiss what he did at the end of the game. I said He played good down the stretch and got us the W. I hope he can do a lot more of that going forward. 

But some people are saying he played a terrific game start to finish and I just don’t agree with that. 

50% 252 1TD 2 INT Eeking out a win against a not so good team. 

This board: We're on our way!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

We drafted the Dan Marino of this draft class.  That doesn’t mean he’s going to be Marino but dam when he slings it it’s out and on the receivers quick.  More importantly he showed real physical and mental toughness.   I didn’t see that coming.

You know what I never thought of that!!  But damn, you ARE correct, many of the passes he hits are very much “Marino”.  Tons of talent he has.  Just protect him Joe Douglas (I know you have tried your best), playing with real NFL talent, making quicker reads as his learning progresses, he can become DEADLY…like Marino (who already had great talent all around him on Day 1).

Kind of Off topic….as soon as I heard the word OBrien after Ken from Pete Rozelle, I threw a baseball that was on a dresser through a closet door (not the thickest closet) when I was a kid.  I thought like everyone else Rozelle would say Dan Marino after evilly smiling and pausing after saying the word Quarterback.

Another side note, after all these years guess who won the heads up matchup? Marino or OBrien….I just learned it was OBrien 9-8, I would have Never guessed that. Beautiful arm OBrien, but could never feel the rush and had lead feet, so great arm talent but those limitations…….Wilson has the legs to go with his arm….Possibly Deadly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

He was down 10, was poised, came back and won the game. If that’s far from good, I don’t know wth you consider good 

We were down 10 largely because of him, lol.  That pick at the end of the half was godawful and helped swing things from us being up 13-3 or 17-3 at the half versus being up only 10-6.  Then, he continued to suck in the 3rd quarter, which allowed Pitt and their rookie-debuting QB to get the lead.    

I'm glad he remembered to be a pro QB after 3 quarters of suck against a bad team.  It's not sustainable.  He needs to do better going forward.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Wah wah wah

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Tantrum Crying GIF

Yes, its clearly I acting like the child in this thread.  If this was your "dunk on 80" moment, it wasn't enough fellas.  You can't suck for 3 quarters a game in this league, gentlemen.

Let's see how next week goes.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, its clearly I acting like the child in this thread.  If this was your "dunk on 80" moment, it wasn't enough fellas.  You can't suck for 3 quarters a game in this league, gentlemen.

Michael Jordan Dunk GIF by NBA

• Haha 2

I've been on record stating that ZW is not the guy.  I didn't see a franchise QB today, but I did see more of my original pre-draft assessment of Wilson which was more positive that "absolute bust".  Today, he looked like the "poor man's Brett Favre". A hit or miss QB that can throw a pick just as fast as win a game with a wild play.  With a better line, he could be more passable than a total bust. 

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You were trolling and sh*t talking during a come from behind victory by QB1 

boston celtics GIF by NBC Sports Boston

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We were down 10 largely because of him, lol.  That pick at the end of the half was godawful and helped swing things from us being up 13-3 or 17-3 at the half versus being up only 10-6.  Then, he continued to suck in the 3rd quarter, which allowed Pitt and their rookie-debuting QB to get the lead.    

I'm glad he remembered to be a pro QB after 3 quarters of suck against a bad team.  It's not sustainable.  He needs to do better going forward.  

The game played out as "oh sh*t, 80 might be right" to "oh sh*t, maybe 80 might be wrong".

• Haha 2

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

You were trolling and sh*t talking during a come from behind victory by QB1 

boston celtics GIF by NBC Sports Boston

A comeback which wouldn't have been necessary if he hadn't sucked sh*t for 3 quarters my man.  

Give me 2/4 quarters like 4th quarter Zach next week and now we're talking.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The game played out as "oh sh*t, 80 might be right" to "oh sh*t, maybe 80 might be wrong".

End result:  "We don't know if we have a FQB"

Shades of the Darnold era.  Which is a f**kin travesty.  We're gonna give this kid a 3rd season to figure it out, aren't we.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

End result:  "We don't know if we have a FQB"

Shades of the Darnold era.  Which is a f**kin travesty.  We're gonna give this kid a 3rd season to figure it out, aren't we.

If we win 7+ games and he improves, yes. As we should

If we bottom out and his baseline is today's statline, then far less likely.

Truly no idea what to expect.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A comeback which wouldn't have been necessary if he hadn't sucked sh*t for 3 quarters my man.  

Flacco would have been sacked 6 times behind that Oline. Let's not kid ourselves. I think we will know after this season. 

He had the team up 10-3 for within a few seconds of the first half, playing away at Pittsburgh which is not easy with a mid game re shuffled O-Line.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

True, that 1st quarter TD drive was nice.  Rest of the half he looked completely lost.

Football is a team and rhythm game (O Line especially) 3 guys shuffled positions when Max went down, that’s a big deal for a young team playing in a loud environment! Yes,Zach could of played better, but there were a few drops, pocket unable to be established and some very odd playcalling. But in the end, he balled out, along with o line jelling and some good playing and won the game in Pittsburgh!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1