F…..ALLLLL…..Zach Wilson HATER’S

Jets won in Pittsburgh for only the second time ever, so let’s relish that. Wilson had 2 good drives today against a bad team on the road and it was enough for today. But all today showed me was a guy who still struggles mightily against unless his first read is manufactured open and he has no pressure. 

Enjoy todays win, but if you are telling us that this was the type of performance you were hoping to see out of Wilson by this stage, then I think you are being disingenuous.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 2

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Last two drives, he was 10 for 12 for 128 and a TD.  Better than cube steak.

Like I said, I'm glad we won. And you're right, good numbers there. Overall his numbers were brutal. I just hate the hyperbole. Jets 4 INTs on D should be getting some love here, if anything. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Jets won in Pittsburgh for only the second time ever, so let’s relish that. Wilson had 2 good drives today against a bad team on the road and it was enough for today. But all today showed me was a guy who still struggles mightily against unless his first read is manufactured open and he has no pressure. 

Enjoy todays win, but if you are telling us that this was the type of performance you were hoping to see out of Wilson by this stage, then I think you are being disingenuous.

Well let’s not forget he is coming off an injury and has not only missed the first 3 games but pretty much all of preseason.  Rust was an obvious factor.  Plus having no tackles doesn’t help.  The important thing is the 4th quarter performance and the win 

5 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Like I said, I'm glad we won. And you're right, good numbers there. Overall his numbers were brutal. I just hate the hyperbole. Jets 4 INTs on D should be getting some love here, if anything. 

Then we agree.  I was hoping to see a lot better out of him through the first 50 minutes.  But very happy that he stepped it upand we won.  Sure hope to see a better 60 minute game next week.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

It's this the FIRST TIME we ever beat this 6 time NFL Championship franchise in Pittsburgh?

No.  We came into this game with 1 win in the State of Pennsylvania.  Rex's team beat the Steelers there, I think it was late in the same season that we lost to Pitt in the Chanpionship game.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We were down 10 largely because of him, lol.  That pick at the end of the half was godawful and helped swing things from us being up 13-3 or 17-3 at the half versus being up only 10-6.  Then, he continued to suck in the 3rd quarter, which allowed Pitt and their rookie-debuting QB to get the lead.    

I'm glad he remembered to be a pro QB after 3 quarters of suck against a bad team.  It's not sustainable.  He needs to do better going forward.  

If he played good for a half or 3 quarters and played like ass in the 4th and lost the game, what does that majority sh*t mean? He can’t be rusty? First game back. Then he went 10-12 128 yards in the 4th and won the game. Tf you want 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

If he played good for a half or 3 quarters and played like ass in the 4th and lost the game, what does that majority sh*t mean? He can’t be rusty? First game back. Then he went 10-12 128 yards in the 4th and won the game. Tf you want 

I thought sitting and learning was supposed to help him.  

I want him to look like a competent NFL QB for the majority of most games.  I think that's fair.  That would put him in the "average"-ish camp.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I want him to look like a competent NFL QB for the majority of most games.  I think that's fair.  That would put him in the "average"-ish camp.  

Sitting and learning and being in actual NFL Game are completely different. You can be a great student, but executing the plays throughout a game is the key. Each and every QB (including the greats) have shaky games, series, quarters and so forth. But give credit where credits due, the kid led the team to 2TDs in Pittsburgh, down 10, completing 3rd and 4th down passes to extend drives. Considering Steelers defense was having their way all game, it was a great win any way you see it. Drive for show, putt for dough!!! Zach sank the putt on the 18th.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

And props to him for doing that. But he played like sh*t for about 3 quarters 

In this league it is all about winning.  When you have missed almost every preseason game and are playing your first real NFL action in 2 months, and your offensive line a practically a sieve.....   Do I need to go on?    The kid showed real moxie and should only improve going forward.   He threw a bad pick at the end of the first half and then Conklin let one bounce off his fingers for another one.   He could just went into a shell and never came out but he responded to the adversity in a big way.   Bottom line is on the last two drives he actually had a few seconds to throw without running for his life.    That made all the difference.   Give him some decent OL play, and he will continue to improve every week.   

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

God you are a miserable fan... Was Zach perfect.... No he downright sucked at points...

But led them to there first real lead this season... Then had a couple bad plays but that second int isn't on him... Catch the effing ball... 

Then on top of it he led the team down to score 2 TDs under the pressure of being down 10 point in Pittsburgh one of the hardest places to play... 

This is not Darnold... Darnold mayhave come back but never in this fashion. 

**** you and your miserable take... 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

God you are a miserable fan... Was Zach perfect.... No he downright sucked at points... But not only did he drive the team down after going 3 and out... But led them to there first real lead this season... Then had a couple bad plays but that second int isn't on him... Catch the effing ball... 

Then on top of it he led the team down to score 2 TDs under the pressure of being down 10 point in Pittsburgh one of the hardest places to play... 

This is not Darnold... Darnold mayhave come back but never in this fashion. 

**** you and your miserable take... 

So reasonable

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Reasonable Jets Fan is busy at work neg-repping all of my posts.

Not very reasonable.  lol.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Woah so reasonable

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So reasonable

Yeah, you have been mr reasonable the past 12 months, basically taking a turd on every post where someone didnt burry ZW and trolling and spamming the board with nonsense. Now you want reason, please

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I don’t get the hate on the kid, Some fans think this is fantasy football. The kid has moxy, plays tough and balled out on the final 2 drives, sorry his QB rating was not higher!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And did his post game interview on SNY with his full uniform on and green stains on the front of the jersey. It was a good look as he answered report questions.

He had no protection; he was running for his life most of the game.  If he had time to settle in the pocket for a few seconds, like most of the 'big name' QB's, his entire game would have been positive.  He balled when he had to ball.  He got the W.  If that doesn't show you promise, you're just another troll.

Zach legit trended up in the 4th quarter.  And he led us back when we EASILY could've laid down.  He had the 4th down conversion plus overcame the 2 penalties to get us in the end zone to make it 20-17.  Then he drove us down again on the winning drive.  The 1st 3 quarters were ugly and I wasn't happy at all with him.  But that 4th quarter changed everything.  I'm willing to write those 1st 3 quarters off as rust, bad OL and drops.  That 4th quarter it looked like we might have something.   I still have no idea what ZW is but, on the whole, I'm happy with today's performance.

16 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

And at 1 point in the 3rd qtr his stats looked like this…

3A770A83-C179-4CDE-95FE-95AA238AE716.thumb.jpeg.c584225a7472c1bd9fd6f6af2dc7778d.jpeg

look, I’m ecstatic about the win and Zach played good down the stretch. But let’s not forget about the first 3 quarters of play

We all hope Zack can be the guy. but as I posted yesterday and as this shows when I posted, or close to this point in the game.. he has some real issues.

sure the last 2 drives were solid and I won't take that from him, but he left some easy throws out there and made plenty of mistakes.

his first game of the year.. I will give him a little slack but didn't look great for large part of the game.