Jump to content

Becton calls out GVR but deletes tweet


AFJF
 Share

Recommended Posts

I should've taken a screen shot but didn't.  Jets put out a highlight reel of Zach's throws on which the first play was the completion that Becton was injured on when GVR got rag dolled on to Becton's leg.

Becton re-tweeted it and just said "Oh, who's number 62 on that first play".

Can't imagine knowing a teammate being trash cost you two years (at least) of your career.

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I saw that. And eh IMO - still kind of a bitch move to call the guy out. Not like GVR went out there purposefully trying to injure him. Just again kinda shows his immaturity. Especially by deleting the tweet. 

I'm torn.  Comes off as immature, but how can you not be bitter as hell when a dude being bad cost you multiple years (at the very least)?

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I should've taken a screen shot but didn't.  Jets put out a highlight reel of Zach's throws on which the first play was the completion that Becton was injured on when GVR got rag dolled on to Becton's leg.

Becton re-tweeted it and just said "Oh, who's number 62 on that first play".

Can't imagine knowing a teammate being trash cost you two years (at least) of your career.

Well, it's  good to know Becton is pissed off at him. Can't  imagine what it would have been like had GVR still been on the team

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I saw that. And eh IMO - still kind of a bitch move to call the guy out. Not like GVR went out there purposefully trying to injure him. Just again kinda shows his immaturity. Especially by deleting the tweet. 

It isn't  being immature. Becton has every right to be mad at this dude. 

  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

Why should I care about two guys that are no longer on the team? 

Some fans follow the big names.  Some fans follow the starting 22.  Some fans know the 53.  Some follow the 53 and the practice squad.  Some of us keep up with anyone who has ever been a Jet.

Different strokes for different folks.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

It isn't  being immature. Becton has every right to be mad at this dude. 

What good does talking about it on social media do though?  It's the NFL.  Sh-t happens.  Focus on rehab and diet.  Other than that he's of no use to us.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Becton shouldn't have deleted it because GvR needs to know how badly he sucks and that his inability to block - as a lineman - caused injury to a teammate. And every other OL lining up next to GvR should be wary. Of course accidents happen, but suck is suck. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What good does talking about it on social media do though?  It's the NFL.  Sh-t happens.  Focus on rehab and diet.  Other than that he's of no use to us.

You are being rediculous. There is nothing wrong with what he is doing. My girlfriend is doing rehab. Do you want to know what her therapist  tells her what to do after a session, to rest. There is no such thing as an 18 hour rehab session. I am sure Becton is doing what he can to rehab. After he is done there is nothing wrong with checking out SM and posting something. You would think the guy posted a picture of him sitting on his couch eatting a pie from how you are reacting 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Some fans follow the big names.  Some fans follow the starting 22.  Some fans know the 53.  Some follow the 53 and the practice squad.  Some of us keep up with anyone who has ever been a Jet.

Different strokes for different folks.

And for all intents and purposes, Becton is still a Jet

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Becton is embarrassing.  What's the point of posting that on social media?  Nobody wants to hear from him right now.   STFU and focus on rehab and dieting. 

I'm on this side.

Becton has shown himself to be fragile, both physically and mentally/emotionally, and immature, especially with his obsession with social media.

Guy had all the potential in the world, and I held out hope right up till be got hurt again so quickly this year.  He wasn't the guy I wanted that draft, but his first year had earned some hope he could be a stud.

But at this point, I'm ready to call his pick a mistake and move on.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Becton shouldn't have deleted it because GvR needs to know how badly he sucks and that his inability to block - as a lineman - caused injury to a teammate. And every other OL lining up next to GvR should be wary. Of course accidents happen, but suck is suck. 

No, JD needs to know that.  This line and it's construction is 100% on JD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I should've taken a screen shot but didn't.  Jets put out a highlight reel of Zach's throws on which the first play was the completion that Becton was injured on when GVR got rag dolled on to Becton's leg.

Becton re-tweeted it and just said "Oh, who's number 62 on that first play".

Can't imagine knowing a teammate being trash cost you two years (at least) of your career.

Becton has proven to be a dirtbag.

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GVR is 10x the player Becton is when you factor in availability, and that's saying something. 

Bectons fat ass needs to shut the **** up and bury himself back in his bucket of KFC. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And for all intents and purposes, Becton is still a Jet

Contractully yes but I doubt after the management got burned this year they will ever trust him to stay healthy enough to play for us ever again. Based on the maturity level he has displayed so far I dont think he can handle being a backup. 

 

We will see but I dont think he will ever suit up for the Jets again, he needs a fresh start in a smaller market. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, fullblast said:

He still has this up, which he retweeted from another user, lol

image.png

I get that he is mad but this is football. Him calling out teammates because he is pissed that he isnt playing is almost like finger pointing. He needs to chill with stuff like this.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I get that he is mad but this is football. Him calling out teammates because he is pissed that he isnt playing is almost like finger pointing. He needs to chill with stuff like this.

GVR isn't his teammate anymore, thankfully. Dude sucks and destroyed his knee. I don't blame him at all. Deleting it was lame though.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm torn.  Comes off as immature, but how can you not be bitter as hell when a dude being bad cost you multiple years (at the very least)?

Being cynical and/or bitter is the antithesis of masculinity, imo.

It’s a bad look, but ultimately if you’re going to do shut like that, then own it an don’t delete it. It’s like doubling down on being a big bitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You are being rediculous. There is nothing wrong with what he is doing. My girlfriend is doing rehab. Do you want to know what her therapist  tells her what to do after a session, to rest. There is no such thing as an 18 hour rehab session. I am sure Becton is doing what he can to rehab. After he is done there is nothing wrong with checking out SM and posting something. You would think the guy posted a picture of him sitting on his couch eatting a pie from how you are reacting 

It's yet another sign of immaturity.  The injury happened and there's nothing he can do to change it.  All he can do is focus on rehab and diet.  What is the benefit of calling people out on Twitter?

And we should be so lucky if he was only eating 1 pie while tweeting that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Contractully yes but I doubt after the management got burned this year they will ever trust him to stay healthy enough to play for us ever again. Based on the maturity level he has displayed so far I dont think he can handle being a backup. 

 

We will see but I dont think he will ever suit up for the Jets again, he needs a fresh start in a smaller market. 

A fresh start would definitely  be what is best but I would bet money we draft a new LT next draft and Becton will open camp as the RT, Brown will be depth at LT, and we grab a replacement for Fant via FA. This whole immature thing to me is a lot of BS. What I saw is a team badly  mismanage a players injury. He should have gotten surgery last season and It seemed they got Becton the help he needed before camp to come in at the weight they wanted and ignored this the entire offseason last year. Hopefully they have him making regular  trios to the dietician now as well as rehab. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...