Zach Wilson Highlights - Week 5 - Every Pass vs Dolphins

jetsons

Looks confident tough and in total control. Pretty much a flawless game other than one low throw to Moore that should have been caught 1000-1000 times regardless. 

The 4th down to Davis should have been Pi as should have the Conklin deep pass (based on how the game had been callers). That was one sexy throw by the way 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Looks confident tough and in total control. Pretty much a flawless game other than one low throw to Moore that should have been caught 1000-1000 times regardless. 

The 4th down to Davis should have been Pi as should have the Conklin deep pass (based on how the game had been callers). That was one sexy throw by the way 

I agree with the PI on Davis.   I thought Conklin should have caught that ball regardless.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This was a relatively clean game by Zach. He hit his easy throws and leaned on the talented skill players while avoiding mistakes. He will only improve as the offensive line gets better. The line was decidedly mediocre but should gel in the coming weeks. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

8F5C501C-002C-4119-A633-DEBBE3C39F2E.thumb.jpeg.6d4a8e12bf26a7d7582b2f20c74e0b00.jpeg

4DD05BA2-4E1A-4B10-8862-A550843B9A2B.jpeg.71fc47f2681d2d6f233c724bffc1c2f9.jpeg

Happy with the growth, happy with the result of the game.

Still not happy that these two plays weren’t called for pass interference.  Especially because Sauce and MCII got dinged for having textbook coverage.

The one to Davis was an egregious non-call.  That gets called every time against the Jets.  Perfect back shoulder throw to draw the PI...executed well.  Really bad call.

Conklin one - not as bad - Zach needs to throw a better ball.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Trotter said:

There was an out to Davis I think in the drive when the score was19-17 that was an absolute rope and to me the best/crucial pass of the day.

Awesome throw - Best throw he made all day - at a very critical time.

1st and 10 at 19-17 right after the FG miss. The biggest sequence in the game, IMO

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The one to Davis was an egregious non-call.  That gets called every time against the Jets.  Perfect back shoulder throw to draw the PI...executed well.  Really bad call.

Idk man, they are both absolutely brutal non-calls.  Zach could have thrown it a tad better, but it still would have required Conklin fighting off a defender pushing and grabbing him before the ball has gotten there, who doesn’t have his head turned.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

The hope is to keep having success running and using our backs in the pass game so Zach continues to build confidence.  He'll learn to get the ball out faster and be more precise with his reads that way.  He's always got that (young) Russel Wilson off-scheduleness to him but I'd rather not rely on it. 

Couple throws were off but none were stupid.  Continue to rely on our weaponz.

Edit: Forgot to say something negative about him.  That 2nd sack was horrendous.  Have our coaches told him to stop running backwards?

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

folks were upset at his short throw game.  seems to be much improved.

The cool thing is that he put the ball exactly where he wanted it on those swing passes. The ball to Hall and Wilson "turned" them around as the announcer said. What Zach was doing was putting his receivers in a position to get some YAC. Both those plays went for first downs. Had he thrown it to their other shoulder, I think both get stopped.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Conklin pushed off and created space.  

If he simply turned and jumped it would've 100% been called because the linebacker would've run him over. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

As I remember he was running for his life - not sure he was able to set his feet and might have even just thrown the ball with just arm. Conklin should have gone up and got that ball.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Conklin pushed off and created space.  

If he simply turned and jumped it would've 100% been called because the linebacker would've run him over. 

I seem to remember the ESPN guy saying that Hill did the same to Sauce on that PI; even without it, Sauce just stopped to get the ball and Hill ran right into him and yet the flag was thrown...

17 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The cool thing is that he put the ball exactly where he wanted it on those swing passes. The ball to Hall and Wilson "turned" them around as the announcer said. What Zach was doing was putting his receivers in a position to get some YAC. Both those plays went for first downs. Had he thrown it to their other shoulder, I think both get stopped.

excellent point

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

As I remember he was running for his life - not sure he was able to set his feet and might have even just thrown the ball with just arm. Conklin should have gone up and got that ball.

Look, once again the ball went through the meat of both of Conklin's hands - It's a catch NFL TE's are supposed to make..

But Zach had time - he even did the old - point to him to run deep thing - Probably a miscommunication with where Conklin was going and where Zach thought he was going. Still like to see a better throw there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, once again the ball went through the meat of both of Conklin's hands - It's a catch NFL TE's are supposed to make..

But Zach had time - he even did the old - point to him to run deep thing - Probably a miscommunication with where Conklin was going and where Zach thought he was going. Still like to see a better throw there.

Dude that was an insane degree of difficulty play. He threw that what, 50 yards completely flat footed after a step back like he was shooting a 3 pointer? 

• Haha 1

All in all, he looked much improved.  

He looked much better on the short passes.  He missed Moore on the toe tapper, which was a great catch albeit out of bounds.  He was open.

I don't understand the non calls on both Conklin Deep and that pass to Davis along the sideline.  Crazy.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, hawk said:

All in all, he looked much improved.  

He looked much better on the short passes.  He missed Moore on the toe tapper, which was a great catch albeit out of bounds.  He was open.

I don't understand the non calls on both Conklin Deep and that pass to Davis along the sideline.  Crazy.

The problem with PI that game was that the refs were clearly assuming that tyreke hill was always interfered with if he didn’t catch the ball, but really nobody else got the benefit.  Don’t base the call on the wr.