<<<<<<< Jets vs Broncos -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Great game thread already. You know the one thing is people are talking about this defense but I just don't think it will be a problem I think we are going to run per usual but also I think this game Zach get over 200 yards passing. I know not the biggest leap but I think we are going to see him get one passing TD .... It might be a break away we run in from Garrett but never the less a passing TD. Something tells me that it fits the game plan and gives an added bonus of giving the coaching staff something to show moore that in the NFL the team is going to win anyway it can and even if you are not featured this week, your chance could be next week. It also will give Zach some  boost.

Whoa, don't get greedy now.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Jets should roll today. The defense and running game should travel well, and I don’t see how Rypien and Melvin Gordon are going to cobble together many points, especially considering Hackett is going to run the same offense the Jets just smacked around last week, but with worse personnel. The x-factor is going to be that maybe that Broncos locker room simply hated Russ so much that playing with him was an anchor around their necks, and all Rypien has to do is not **** around. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Another light jab at Moore 

get him out of here ASAP 

I'd give Moore another chance (if he wants one).  But if this continues (and usually when stuff like this starts, it continues) then he's got to go.  And, tbh, I hope JD is quietly shopping him right now.  His value will only drop if another incident happens.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Jets should roll today. The defense and running game should travel well, and I don’t see how Rypien and Melvin Gordon are going to cobble together many points, especially considering Hackett is going to run the same offense the Jets just smacked around last week, but with worse personnel. The x-factor is going to be that maybe that Broncos locker room simply hated Russ so much that playing with him was an anchor around their necks, and all Rypien has to do is not **** around. 

The game is still in Denver and Rypien has beaten us before.  I think we should win but I'm not at the point where I feel comfortable expecting the Jets to "roll".  (Though if we do, that would be a very welcome surprise!)

I still can't get over how good the defense was last week.  As excited as I am each week hoping that ZW has a breakout (and to see the offense in general), this is the first week that I'm really excited to see the defense.  If we start getting the performance we saw last week on even a semi-regular basis, it would be incredible!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Now THIS is trying to stir the pot by Coz. Going around asking are you unhappy with your role. Dude it’s the TE and you’re asking him about his lack of targets? Lol. 

Are we sure that Coz was the one who asked that question?  In these press conferences, many different reporters can ask questions.  It's possible Coz was just reporting on one of Uzomah's answers.

(And this is assuming it was a question to begin with)

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The game is still in Denver and Rypien has beaten us before.  I think we should win but I'm not at the point where I feel comfortable expecting the Jets to "roll".  (Though if we do, that would be a very welcome surprise!)

I still can't get over how good the defense was last week.  As excited as I am each week hoping that ZW has a breakout (and to see the offense in general), this is the first week that I'm really excited to see the defense.  If we start getting the performance we saw last week on even a semi-regular basis, it would be incredible!

Cautiously optimistic is well within the realm of realistic expectations. Zach breaking out against this defense? Pretty sure that would mean we got behind because no way in hell coaching staff is even entertaining him doing anymore than last week. Personally I think the mountain air brings the primordial Billy goat out in him and he has a solid day.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I’m trying to remember a time when I was ever comfortable going into a game.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Without Russell Wilson that’s a big plus for Jets chances. A key is how the org navigated the week of practice the flight to Denver and acclimation to the altitude. If they were wrong on this the team could come out flat. I’m thinking a big part of the game plan will be more frequent substitutions esp of D where the team has been playing better recently. It’s hard to say usually a team like ours doesn’t put together a stretch of Ws we don’t have the consistency. Those are the negs the positives are that we’re going to win 24-13.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas: “Let’s keep protecting Zach and get him ready to break out in 2024.”

LaFleur: “Absolutely” <Proceeds to use Wilson as a lead blocker on five straight reverses on the goal line up 14 with three minutes left.> 

No, don’t  think so, as if! 

- Zach’s Mom 

While I think we should/could/can win, i'm extremely nervous about this one. Whether it's trauma from the SOJ or whatever it is, I don't have a good feeling. Need a crisp game plan from Lafleur and ZW as this bronco defense is elite. However, give me ZW over rypien any day, he needs to outplay him. Lets go JETS!