<<<<<<< Jets vs Broncos -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

You would think. I’m still struggling with being able to be confident on any Sunday. Still waiting for other foot to drop. 

Me too. Can't shake it. Having said that, we have been shut out the last 2 trips to Denver. SOJ's lose today to a back up QB and a HC that has no clue wth he is doing. Hoping the team did not tune into the twitter broadcasts talking as if we are the greatest team in nfl history and cannot be beaten because those guys are delusional. The EJ Moore thing annoyed the living fck out of me (and everyone else here I am sure). Its just something we did not need while we are winning finally. Hope we can eek one out today before part 1 of our yearly beating by Bellichick next week

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Agreed. Hopefully it is a smooth game. Another strong defensive performance and they finish drives on offense.  Hell even some early field goals will help.

ST will be critical today if the projected winds/ gusts are accurate. 

Passing beyond 5 yards will also be really limited. 

Let's go BH, MC and BB!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You would think. I’m still struggling with being able to be confident on any Sunday. Still waiting for other foot to drop. 

Yup. I'm with you. Thought last weeks win was going to fix that for me but no.... not so much. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jets should roll today. The defense and running game should travel well, and I don’t see how Rypien and Melvin Gordon are going to cobble together many points, especially considering Hackett is going to run the same offense the Jets just smacked around last week, but with worse personnel. The x-factor is going to be that maybe that Broncos locker room simply hated Russ so much that playing with him was an anchor around their necks, and all Rypien has to do is not **** around. 

I worry that they will actually run the offense today and move the ball and it’s been Wilson’s intransigence that held them back so far.  

33 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

“We’re winning,” Uzomah said. “[Shoot], I’ll do whatever it takes to win. I don’t care what it is. I’ll be an equipment guy if it helps us win.”

That statement feels like a mic drop given what's happened this past week.

It is ? tone-setting and intentional. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

I worry that they will actually run the offense today and move the ball and it’s been Wilson’s intransigence that held them back so far.  

All we have to do is look at the Seahawks offense right now to see what happens when you get rid of Russell and find a QB who will play inside structure. We saw that here last year with The Mike White Game. Karmically, Saleh deserves to pay for what he did to Mike White. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All we have to do is look at the Seahawks offense right now to see what happens when you get rid of Russell and find a QB who will play inside structure. We saw that here last year with The Mike White Game. Karmically, Saleh deserves to pay for what he did to Mike White. 

Taking the check down 0.6 seconds into a play is not playing inside structure it’s playing scared lol. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Taking the check down 0.6 seconds into a play is not playing inside structure it’s playing scared lol. 

I don’t totally disagree with you. It takes huge balls to run plays against NFL defenses with zero ability to make a pre-snap read. Every play for Zach Wilson is Frank Dux with sand in his eyes taking on Chong Li

jean claude van damme rage GIF by hero0fwar

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

The team is growing, maturing, and most importantly: ascending. 

It's not going to be a linear chart though.  It more resembles the Rocky Mountain skyline, but with the slight declines the rapid rises will continue to get higher.  

I don't care how they look, although I'd prefer a perfect game, JUST WIN and move on.  

Grow.

Get better.

Continue its ascend to the upper tier of teams. 

• Upvote 2

This is the best defense the Jets will have faced so far. Their offense couldn't even pass the ball on GB so I'm not sold on this game being a layup win. Plus, that Denver air is real. I've been there a few times and I can testify to anyone who thinks it's overblown

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, STLuLu said:

This is the best defense the Jets will have faced so far. Their offense couldn't even pass the ball on GB so I'm not sold on this game being a layup win. Plus, that Denver air is real. I've been there a few times and I can testify to anyone who thinks it's overblown

Anyone who thinks this is a gimme win is setting themselves up for a world of hurt. This will be much tougher than last week.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Wait is the upvote icon broken? Or is this my stupid f******+ phone again? ?

They pushing that hands thingy. I have no idea what its supposed to mean. Supposedly sympathy. How that translates into football dogma is beyond me. Might as well have a Mick Jagger icon singing Sympathy for the Devil.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn't even know which station it was on.  (It's ESPN).  Too bad they have her in the back of the table.

Yeah, sorry.  It's ESPN's NFL Countdown.   The crew gets up periodically to discuss things.  Not only for Samantha, but this pre-game show has become my favorite.  Fairly serious with not much of the huckstering you see on others.