4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

86D73C70-B909-4824-8797-1A6B06244422.thumb.png.8119a54ea0ae81453f5fa70433ceff1e.png

I get this stupid ad. Even as you scroll down the add keeps going lol. Literally takes up the whole screen

I understand ads, and I stream football games so I understand obnoxious ads.  This is frustrating.  Only way to get rid of it is to go back, and then find my spot in the thread.

It's more of a deterant than viable marketing or forums browsing.

I will report this to the ad company. I am not getting anything like that.  

This ad network has been very good. We haven't have many problems, after years of issues.  I mentioned this last time something like this happened, but the only other option we would have it a small monthly opt out of ads kind of thing. We have always resisted things like that. But the site would run faster for users without ads. But the revenue from the ads is the only way we have to pay hosting, software costs, lap dances for the big guy, charity stuff etc lol.

I am okay keeping things the way they are but if anyone was interested in an ad free experience for a few bucks a month I can look into it.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This ad network has been very good. We haven't have many problems, after years of issues.  I mentioned this last time something like this happened, but the only other option we would have it a small monthly opt out of ads kind of thing. We have always resisted things like that. But the site would run faster for users without ads. But the revenue from the ads is the only way we have to pay hosting, software costs, lap dances for the big guy, charity stuff etc lol.

I am okay keeping things the way they are but if anyone was interested in an ad free experience for a few bucks a month I can look into it.

Ads are fine and expected.  As stated, this style is a deterrent to browsing.  

I definitely don't want to take anyone's lap dances away either.  

9 minutes ago, hawk said:

Ads are fine and expected.  As stated, this style is a deterrent to browsing.  

I definitely don't want to take anyone's lap dances away either.  

Agreed on anything that is taking over your screen. The ad company always tells us to do more of that and we always say no.  I have emailed this thread to them. They are in the UK so their Monday morning starts in a few hours. I will let you know what they say, thanks.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

When you visit certain websites, they will follow you to certain sites...like this one.  I don't know the exact verbiage for this, but they spider your IP address.

We don't do any retargeting or cookies like that but that stuff is definitely being done. And it is definitely used to serve up what ads you see.

Google has a profile on everyone pretty much.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maxman said:

Agreed on anything that is taking over your screen. The ad company always tells us to do more of that and we always say no.  I have emailed this thread to them. They are in the UK so their Monday morning starts in a few hours. I will let you know what they say, thanks.

All good, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.  (Virus - from those fun streaming sites.  ?)

Do I have a virus or is there an ad consuming their screen?
I understand ads are the revenue for the board, but my screen shouldn't be completely hijacked.
Therefore, I'm concerned it's a virus.
As blockers are not new tech

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 10/30/2022 at 10:49 PM, Maxman said:

I don’t know about others, but i’m always willing to donate.

We all should be, quite frankly. We have used this site for free for years and it’s only fair to give back.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...