Do you think Saleh would fire his best friends brother?

Mario

10 minutes ago, Mario said:

I disagree. I think there are a bunch of coaches who would like to work with Zach. it’s clear he’s got talent, he just needs the game to slow down for him. 

I can't imagine what team would want him and what he's worth on the market 

Honest 

There's this idea of upside but his film is terrible. What's that worth? A day 3 pick? 

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Mike LaFleur ain’t the problem

If there’s a LaFleur who deserves to get canned it’s his big bro

Calling plays for Rodgers and Aaron Jones is presumably a bit easier than doing so for essentially the statistical QB32 of 32 in the league 

I think Mike LaFleur is a good OC, but he may not be a good coach if that makes sense. 

Meaning he has a good scheme and is a talented play caller, but not great at coaching guys. He also may not be able to adjust his system to the personnel he has. 

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Mike LaFleur ain’t the problem

If there’s a LaFleur who deserves to get canned it’s his big bro

Calling plays for Rodgers and Aaron Jones is presumably a bit easier than doing so for essentially the statistical QB32 of 32 in the league 

* QB34 of 32

I think we are close to saying the same thing.
I guess the question is does the oc develop the qb or does that fall on the qb coach?
I do believe the oc has to game plan around what he has but we have to assume he is doing that and the qb is just not getting it yet.
if lafleur is going rouge and not ganeplanning to the capabilities, then I would place fault.
there simply is no evidence of that

Wasn’t MLF his QB coach and OC last year?

3 hours ago, Mario said:

Never heard of an NFL team dumping a QB they drafted the second overall pick in without at least trying to get him some different coaching. I don’t think this is fair to MLF, but the Jets invested a lot more into Zach Wilson than they have Mike LaFleur. 

Have you ever considered using a douche? 

5 hours ago, Mario said:

Never heard of an NFL team dumping a QB they drafted the second overall pick in without at least trying to get him some different coaching. I don’t think this is fair to MLF, but the Jets invested a lot more into Zach Wilson than they have Mike LaFleur. 

Stick to plumbing.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Josh Rosen was gone after 1 season. 

Using Josh Rosen as a comparison to Wilson is just as bad as Josh Allen. They're both outliers. In Rosen's case, he was a douchebag and a jerk off field and sucked on field too. From what I know, Wilson is just sucky on the field. Stop comparing Wilson to outliers when he seems mostly like what most bust QBs look like

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mario said:

the entire coaching staff that drafted Rosen got fired and Kingsbury sold Kiem and the ownership on Kyler Murray. Saleh was on board with Zach Wilson. It would look terrible if he dumps him after two years after the organization invested the second overall pick in him. 

Add in the Elijah Moore drama and Saleh may be forced to make a move. 

Saleh was sold on Wilson by JD. JD was in love with with Zack and knew he was his guy before the season ended.

5 hours ago, Mario said:

Are you good friends with Suicidalsince98 ?

6 hours ago, GreenFish said:

ML is not the problem. We saw his offense click when any QB other than Zach runs it.

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

This year?

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Please cite examples of this.

1 hour ago, Hex said:

They're clinging to Mike White's wonder game.

2021-2022 Offense when Zach Wilson starts:  18.6 points per game

2021-2022 Offense when anyone else starts:  22.2 points per game

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

I can't imagine what team would want him and what he's worth on the market 

Honest 

There's this idea of upside but his film is terrible. What's that worth? A day 3 pick? 

It only takes one team/one established coach or GM. You are blind if you don’t see the natural gifts. He’s got a quick release and unreal arm talent to go along with elite mobility. That throw to Garrett Wilson was 55 yards on a rope on the move. Just ridiculous. You think Mac Jones is making that throw? 

I could totally see a guy like Sean McVay throw a first round pick at the Jets (maybe future first but still) and let him sit behind Stafford for a year and learn how to actually play the position. 

7 hours ago, Claymation said:

Wasn’t MLF his QB coach and OC last year?

He was but it still leaves the question out there.

is it the oc job solely to develop the qb because unless I completely misread this thread, we are assessing blame to lafleur and want him fired for Zach not developing.

let’s go with it is the responsibility of the oc, then do we just ignore garrrett Wilson, breece and Michael carter development?

I am not saying lafleur can’t improve but firing him as the reason for Zach’s growth to date does not fix the issue in my opinion

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mario said:

Is that what you are telling ownership if you are Robert Saleh? 

Can he not be developed or can you not develop him? You told me to draft him. You told me he had all this potential. You told me how smart he was. You told me he’s a great athlete. You told me he studies is ass off. 

You actually have no idea what they're telling ownership behind the scenes. What the Coach and GM say to the public could be completely different from what they're saying behind the scenes. That goes for every organization in every walk of life. 

I think it looks much for worse for the GM and Coaching staff if they hold on too long, like the Jets did with Sanchez. It's always best practice to admit your failures and move forward decisively then to try to make something work that you know isn't going to work. 

The HC and GM are going to be here for a long time, dumping Wilson isn't going to change that. 

5 hours ago, Mario said:

It only takes one team/one established coach or GM. You are blind if you don’t see the natural gifts. He’s got a quick release and unreal arm talent to go along with elite mobility. That throw to Garrett Wilson was 55 yards on a rope on the move. Just ridiculous. You think Mac Jones is making that throw? 

I could totally see a guy like Sean McVay throw a first round pick at the Jets (maybe future first but still) and let him sit behind Stafford for a year and learn how to actually play the position. 

Being able to process information quickly and being a good decision maker trumps all of the physical traits you mentioned that Zach has.

Zach can not process defenses quick enough and he's an awful decision maker.

There's a reason why guys like Fitzpatrick and Pennington had a lot more statistical success then QB's with much better physical traits. If Zach had their mental capabilities with his physical traits he'd be Aaron Rodgers, but he doesn't, so he won't be. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Zach is being hard headed and selfish. Hard to coach that up. I 100% agree with the ESPN guy that said he needs to grow up. That 3rd INT had my blood boiling and I didnt even watch the game live.

The Jets have won because ML is scheming up the run game game and the defense is playing lights out.

good point about the run game.  so what changed?  they ran 15 times against the patsies.  i get that breece hall and avt weren't there but that's where you fire up the oline to run block.  there was plenty of time after the patsies scored on the opening drive of the second half.  all of folks fgs came off of wilson's turnovers.  and even if the run game wasn't working as it should, what happened to quick passes on slants, or run pass options, or reverses, or screens and so on.  too often wilson would be scrambling around and basically losing half of the field.

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

God I wish I could find that little snippet of Lil Mikey in the both throwing his hands up saying "how am I supposed to calls play for this guy". 

It's got be frustrating knowing you made the right call, have guys open but your QB sucks so hard, he cant get them ball. 

I remember seeing that but did not realize that is what he said.

knowing that, there are some issues in jet land

44 minutes ago, Trotter said:

He was but it still leaves the question out there.

is it the oc job solely to develop the qb because unless I completely misread this thread, we are assessing blame to lafleur and want him fired for Zach not developing.

let’s go with it is the responsibility of the oc, then do we just ignore garrrett Wilson, breece and Michael carter development?

I am not saying lafleur can’t improve but firing him as the reason for Zach’s growth to date does not fix the issue in my opinion

Miles Austin is the WR coach, Embree is the RB Coach, that's their job to develop them. MLF was hired with intent to develop a QB. Saleh and LeFleur hired a 1st time QB Coach in Calabrese. The development of Zach is the responsibility of those 3 coaches. They are tied to him. If they fail, they should be fired. Saleh might survive, but no way MLF and Calabrese do. This is a result orientated business, and right now they are failing at their job.

5 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Miles Austin is the WR coach, Embree is the RB Coach, that's their job to develop them. MLF was hired with intent to develop a QB. Saleh and LeFleur hired a 1st time QB Coach in Calabrese. The development of Zach is the responsibility of those 3 coaches. They are tied to him. If they fail, they should be fired. Saleh might survive, but no way MLF and Calabrese do. This is a result orientated business, and right now they are failing at their job.

I agree with you on the position coaches but also believe the growth of Zach or whoever the qb is should be tied to calabrese - that is his job.

you want to nick lafleur for the hire - I have no issue with that but when the majority of the offense is growing and performing except for 1 position, I just don’t think that falls solely on the oc

Do people really think that mike lafleur wants zach to refuse to step up into the pocket, set his feet and make accurate throws?  Yes its his job to develop him but that job ends when Zach steps on the field and if he simply cant do some of the things required to be a competent QB thats not entirely on the OC.

I dont understand why zach cant get his mechanics where they need to be and its possible he is just not someone who is comfortable in the pocket but seeing some of his ints, its really hard to figure out what he is seeing on the field.  I do think lafleur could improve as far as having zach take some deep shots to GW and his use of Moore is really inexplicable but at the same time we were a penalty away from being up 17-3 so maybe its nitpicking

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Do people really think that mike lafleur wants zach to refuse to step up into the pocket, set his feet and make accurate throws?  Yes its his job to develop him but that job ends when Zach steps on the field and if he simply cant do some of the things required to be a competent QB thats not entirely on the OC.

I dont understand why zach cant get his mechanics where they need to be and its possible he is just not someone who is comfortable in the pocket but seeing some of his ints, its really hard to figure out what he is seeing on the field.  I do think lafleur could improve as far as having zach take some deep shots to GW and his use of Moore is really inexplicable but at the same time we were a penalty away from being up 17-3 so maybe its nitpicking

It's not nitpicking. This is year 2, they shouldn't have to be hiding ZW in order to win games. They've been hiding him behind the run game bc they know he is a turnover waiting to happen.  Typically, bad decision making does not go away in a QB. It's the #1 reason immensely physically talented QB's fail.