Josh Allen gives his opinion on Zach

fullblast

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There’s a few major differences between Zack and Allen though. Alan has a cannon for an arm, Zach’s is normal and Allen is a much stronger runner, Zach Wilson runs around like a blindfolded altar boy in a room full of priest. 

Coaching point - Avoid turning your back as an altar boy in a room full of priests.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I watched the clip and Allen was basically giving the QB version of “She has a great personality,” no?

Yes. Half the people (you know which half) didn't watch and/or understand the clip. His opinion on ZW is tepid, at best. 

What I don't understand is that there's seems to be a Pro-Zack element that thinks if us not so keen on Zack just root harder for him things will get better. Chris Simms fits this description. When he plays like sh*t there are many possible factors. Us fans, one way or the other, aren't the reason though. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Yes. Half the people (you know which half) didn't watch and/or understand the clip. His opinion on ZW is tepid, at best. 

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

What’s fun about this is that Allen and Sam Darnold are good friends and went through the draft process together, would work out together during the summer, etc, and it was the same boilerplate stuff Allen would say about Sam. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I watched the clip and Allen was basically giving the QB version of “She has a great personality,” no?

The only thing Josh Allen is thinking about is homefield advantage. Every win, counts. Everything he says about upcoming or even potential opponents will be diplomatic. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, LSJF said:

This was the first game he truly sucked this season … he might be a bust, he should be pulled at the very least if he is having another game like this… I want him to be a success, he was the number two draft pick with all the athleticism and arm strength needed, and it seemed like he had a brain… it would be nice to have a franchise quarterback, instead of some retread… Here’s to hoping he gets better, if not out he goes

Like his predecessor he is sloooooooooow to recognize things pre-snap and even when snap, still only see 1/2 field.  Can't fix mental acuity.   Sorry, he doesn;t seem to have it...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Bill Walsh famously said we know what a QB has after 20 starts

Zach is at 18 starts 

the people defending him are treating him like this is game 2 or 3

he's had a whole season of football over 2 calendar years

he averages more than 1 turnover a game and less than 1 TD a game 

his TD/Int ratio is .64 for his career and .49 this year - anything under .80 is job benchingly bad 

these are brutal brutal numbers that are hard to turn around. These are worse than Tim Tebow type numbers. 

the people who want MLF to call more run plays that's like saying only play Poker with A-A or K-K you can't wait around forever for premium hands, sometimes you just gotta push all in. Last week was the offense pushing all in on Zach and he choked 

i understand why the coaches and front office are going to let this play out but the fair thing for the team that's in playoff contention is to bench the kid and start someone else

they are going to really treat the next 10 games like extended preseason when they are 5-3? that's the frustrating part about this 

this could be a playoff team we are on the verge of watching a collapse

Couldn't agree more... esp. the highlighted part.  If they stick with ZW when he performs like he did Sunday then we have larger issues then ZW, FO/CS problems!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Some people want Wilson on the field more than they want the Jets to win. They're more interested in being right than the Jets winning. 

That cuts both ways there are people who want him to fail to prove they’re right… kind of hoping that he plays well so we win, and to have that position solved.. Tired of all the retreads in one year quarterback veterans…

25 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

are two back to back plays, 9 minutes left trying to come back and he just freaks out and completely disconnects from the play (only a 4 man rush!).  Zach screws his receivers, OL and OC like this constantly.  The more I watch him the more I think he just has no idea what he's doing.

This is also not factoring in his huge issue with ball placement and touch.

zachsucks.gif.641e4b20510fba6f915df17b6f32fae8.gif

When he does stuff like this, it messes up the entire offense 

Makes it impossible for the OL, who are blocking with the expectation of him being at 5 or 7 steps based on his drop back 

He just bails right away and the OL who have their backs turned to him have no clue where he is or what they’re supposed to do

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The more I watch him the more I think he just has no idea what he's doing.

Couldn't have said it better

Non Zach notes about this game 

the patriots are very beatable this year and Jets defense played their t!ts off 

To give up 22 points when the pats had like 5 drives start on short fields due to the turnovers and the FG miss and Manns shank was a great job. The pick 6 being called back too. There were plenty of people bashing this 8 man rotation but Quinnen is having a career year 

Braden Mann irks me too. It's not like he was a high pick but a drafted punter should be better 

Maybe the Jets could have found a punter who shanks it without using a draft pick on him 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I don't even think Zach is trying to "be the hero" half the time.  I really just think he's shook, seeing ghosts, etc.

I counted 8 plays where Wilson prematurely ran out of the pocket and threw it away, not including the picks.  That's 8 completely wasted plays that the rest of the offense had nothing to do with.  Including his picks, that's ~25% of pass plays where Wilson did not even throw to a receiver.  OL blocks enough for an on time throw to be made, but instead Wilson panics and gives his playmakers zero chance.

Horrible ints and boneheaded decisions are not Wilson's biggest issue.  I REALLY hope the coaches are not simply telling him to "just throw it away," because later on in the game he started chucking them out of bounds way too early, like he was giving up.  He cannot handle the slightest bit of pressure and he bails way too quickly, which ruins the WR's routes because when they're supposed to be getting the ball, Zach's got his back to them.

Below are two back to back plays, 9 minutes left trying to come back and he just freaks out and completely disconnects from the play (only a 4 man rush!).  Zach screws his receivers, OL and OC like this constantly.  The more I watch him the more I think he just has no idea what he's doing.

This is also not factoring in his huge issue with ball placement and touch.

Had Conklin for an easy 5 yards on the first play if it's out on time. The constant bailing from a stable pocket is my biggest red flag with Zach. It's like he takes a wild guess as what to expect post snap and if it isn't there he panics. When people say he "doesn't look like an NFL QB" this is what that looks like.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, fullblast said:

Thought it was interesting to hear an upcoming divisional opponent speak on him. Admittedly there are some parallels to draw.

Parallels?... they have big arms-ish?... Josh still made big plays in addition to a lot poor decisions or inaccurate throws.

Ppl keep fixating on the 3 picks; that was disappointing but it happens. That not the issue that I (at least) am focused on. It's the lack awareness and feel for the position across the spectrum. There's not a lot of sizzle on the reel after 18 games.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Parallels?... they have big arms-ish?... Josh still made big plays in addition to a lot poor decisions or inaccurate throws.

Ppl keep fixating on the 3 picks -- oh the mistakes!! That was disappointing but it happens. That's the not the issue that I (at least) am focused. It's the lack awareness and feel for the position in most ways. across the spectrum. There's not sizzle on the reel at all, after 18 games.

I was trying the optimistic thing!

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson trying to make acrobatic plays would be more acceptable if he actually ran with the ball like Allen did to compensate for his mistakes. 

He seems to have stopped that this year. It is surprising. I thought he would take more of the soft yards and slide.

6 hours ago, Stark said:

"That's really cool 3 interceptions against the patriots in year 2, just like you and look where you are now"   LOLOLOLOL

hell does he not realize Zach threw 4 the last season, ha

since when does throwing 3+ picks to the Patriots = dramatic turnaround ahead? my god this is getting dumb

Zach Wilson ≠ Josh Allen

nothing Josh Allen has done, whether poorly or positively, have any bearing or predictive indication for Zach.

It’s not ‘dumb’, and I’m sure Allen and the op didn’t intend it to be a literal fact…

but if you LISTEN to what Allen said, it was that after that game that things ‘clicked’ for him…it was all that he said. What he said implied that at some ‘down’ point in that season things changed. Doesn’t mean that for Zach it’s this last Pats game…but there was just an instance where he figured it out. 

Im still hopeful there will be a point where Zach ‘figures it out’. He has the talent. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I’m simply showing you how idiotic that bill walsh “quote” is based on the fact that his own HOF qb doesn’t fit the criteria. 

Since we're talking Steve Young he was known as a running qb coming out of byu and ran a 4.55 at the combine. 

Zach had that long td run last year and I'd say their speed are similar but we'll never know because Zach never ran. Compare him to Steve Young maybe he's like 4.65

But then again we will never know 

Madden and pat summerall on the call