<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

15 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I was just hoping Zach would get hurt, so that we had a chance.  You not recognizing Zach's inability to perform is funny.

Oh, that clear's it up. Hoping for an injury - I guess I was wrong about the classy stuff.

BTW, he did get injured and we lost 3 of the games he was out. And if he was so bad that him getting hurt would have won the game, what does that say about the coaching staff that kept him in?

15 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a game where I was nervous on offense and actually hoped for the defense to take the field and give us a chance to score.  And wilson proved me right he was trying to throw an interception to put himself out of his misery but the pats refused to catch them.  Utterly inexcusable performance.  Two yards in the second half.  Two.  If this guy wasn’t the 2nd overall pick he might (might) stay in the league as a backup project with a good arm.   He is awful.   

I'm 58 years old and I would bet my life savings I could have done better than Zach in that second half . I mean if all I had to do was complete a 3 yards pass I'm down for that bet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

First of all, not sure how much ZW or LaFleur makes, but that is what we care about. yes a QB can get juice out of bad QBs, look at the Pats. But again, what about the rest of the team. The OL couldn't block for ZW or the running game. Mims misses an easy catch at the beginning of the game. Saleh doesn't challenge the clear fumble that would have put the ball on the NE 3 - you want to see a bad QB, what what happens if Mac Jones needs to put the game on his shoulders.

Why did it take until that last offensive series to try an off tackle run? Was that ZW's fault.

lol GTFO with these excuses.  At some point your QB has to lift the team (which has been very solid all year).  Not lift their # 2 overall pick all the time.  Zach has proven incapable of this.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We lost both NE games primarily due to the play of Zach Wilson.  

LOL - gee I thought we lost both games because BB out coached us, but hey; D could have won the first game for us had we not roughed Mac Jones - would have gone into half up 17-3. We might have won today had Saleh challenged the fumble or Mims caught that ball - ZW could have gone into rhythm.

Well, my guess is next year we are going to have to give up a ton of capital to get a new QB and when we lose to the Pats again, it will be ZW's fault for sucking up all of that capital.

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - gee I thought we lost both games because BB out coached us, but hey; D could have won the first game for us had we not roughed Mac Jones - would have gone into half up 17-3. We might have won today had Saleh challenged the fumble or Mims caught that ball - ZW could have gone into rhythm.

Well, my guess is next year we are going to have to give up a ton of capital to get a new QB and when we lose to the Pats again, it will be ZW's fault for sucking up all of that capital.

Zach's failure to be even a decent QB will be to blame for why we need to use resources to acquire new QB(s), yes.  Thank you for establishing this.

4 minutes ago, ausman said:

He doesn’t feel he let the defense down.  That’s a problem.  The answer is yes.  And you’re upset with your receivers  sometimes? C’mon guys, there’s something big missing in this boy.

He very well might be a sociopath. Something developmentally wrong with him. 

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - in the beginning of the year, everyone was like Flacco sucks, Saleh sucks, we should give away the store for this player and that player. NEVER in ANY of my posts today did I say ZW did anything but suck. I know this, he isn't the worst QB that ever played the game. I was watching a game this year where the QB was 1-14 and 8 yards. At that was against a much weaker D. I have also NEVER said that ZW was going to be serviceable.

What is beyond me is how people can watch these games and not see that ZW is not the ONLY problem on the Jets O. What is beyond me is how people can watch a game where the O only scored 3 points on both sides of the ball in crazy weather and have the game lost on a bad play by ST and blame the loss or focus solely on the QB.

The real difference between Mac Jones and ZW, IMO, is that offense that they play on.  If Mac Jones was here, he would suck. I can say that as I watched him play all of last year and this year. I can tell you the Pats never win on his shoulders; BB plays the no mistakes game and they are extremely good at it. BB also game plans for both O and taking away what the opponent does. Unfortunately, our CS played the no mistakes game and lost the game on a big mistake with 20 seconds left in  he game.

ZW is young and is going to have up and down games. Is he a bust - well, he probably is. But this loss sits on the shoulders of LaFleur and Boyer. There was no plan on O, and with the wind, the D, and 20 seconds left, a shank would have been better than the kick. That ball goes out of bounds and who knows how the game ends. This team has NO O - with or without ZW. And BB owns ZW as he did for the past 3 QBs before him. So, I am thinking it isn't all on Zach.

If Mac Jones was playing for us instead of this pile of sh*t we watched for the last 20 or so games no way we lose today. Belichick never had to stop playing the run because Zach Wilson IS the worst QB in the NFL BY FAR and Belichick was the ONLY coach on the field today who recognized that fact. On third down he put 5 or 6 men in coverage and Wilson had no ******* clue how to handle that. Once again instead of running Laterally to continue looking down field he ran backwards this is the worst QB play I have ever seen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

If you check my post from Thursday when we found out about the wind... I predicted the Zach haters coming out of the woodwork, the game being on OL/RBs and Lafleur ... And ...

I was not wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Thoughts on Zach's play today?

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Ever read Don Quixote????  You are alone fighting the windmill. No one is with you.

download.jpg

yes, I loved that book. actually, I am better off being on the shelf of reason by myself that with a lot of fans on this board.

I never claimed ZW was good. or that he played well. my point is that most fans on this site blame someone and it is rarely all their fault. This board laughed at Saleh and wanted to fire the CS at the beginning of the season. Worst coaching EVER.

Copernicus was mocked and crucified for suggesting that the planets revolved around the sun and not the earth. he was all alone. It didn't make him wrong. As I am not wrong for saying that the terrible O is not all on ZW.

• Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

The offense had 2 total yards in the second half. My God, man. There is nothing here to defend. Nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol GTFO with these excuses.  At some point your QB has to lift the team (which has been very solid all year).  Not lift their # 2 overall pick all the time.  Zach has proven incapable of this.

Lift the team sh*t he only had to have one god damn drive did we break 100 yards today ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

yes, I loved that book. actually, I am better off being on the shelf of reason by myself that with a lot of fans on this board.

I never claimed ZW was good. or that he played well. my point is that most fans on this site blame someone and it is rarely all their fault. This board laughed at Saleh and wanted to fire the CS at the beginning of the season. Worst coaching EVER.

Copernicus was mocked and crucified for suggesting that the planets revolved around the sun and not the earth. he was all alone. It didn't make him wrong. As I am not wrong for saying that the terrible O is not all on ZW.

Zach sucks.  The problems are not all his but he is terrible.  TERRIBLE.  What does he do well????

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When did I make excuses for ZW? do you guys even read my posts? I am saying he sucked today. He may turn out to be a big bust. I am saying it isn't all on him. And, if he was so clearly terrible, why not pull him? I was just saying everyone here loved Mac Jones last year, and he only scored 3 points. Everyone here said Saleh was terrible this year until the D turned it around. There is more Balme to go around than ZW.

However, you GTFO with not reading my posts and understand. Actually, I don't really care - you guys deserve to be miserable. Funny, how I have been miserable with this team for ever - have to listen to the BS pats crap, and yet I know enough to know that team's O problem is not all on ZW. But yes, let's bench him and lose with Flacco or White - would that make anyone here any happier? BB got into ZW's head for sure. Totally shut him down. 43% of his Ints are against the 3 prior games. BB did that same thing to almost every young QB. Until Allen turned the corner, the Bills had lost 12 or 13 straight to the Pats (NOT CLAIMING ZW will EVER be good or as good as ALLEN). but yeah, any other QB and we win this game hands down... sure, Let's first JD for blowing the pick and give away the store for Payton. I think we give LaFleur coach of the year. too - no excuse for ZW's play, but no excuse for LaFleur's lack of game plan and lack of adjustments. No excuse for not kicking that punt out of bounds No excuse for not challenging the fumble.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

When did I make excuses for ZW? do you guys even read my posts? I am saying he sucked today. He may turn out to be a big bust. I am saying it isn't all on him. And, if he was so clearly terrible, why not pull him? I was just saying everyone here loved Mac Jones last year, and he only scored 3 points. Everyone here said Saleh was terrible this year until the D turned it around. There is more Balme to go around than ZW.

However, you GTFO with not reading my posts and understand. Actually, I don't really care - you guys deserve to be miserable. Funny, how I have been miserable with this team for ever - have to listen to the BS pats crap, and yet I know enough to know that team's O problem is not all on ZW. But yes, let's bench him and lose with Flacco or White - would that make anyone here any happier? BB got into ZW's head for sure. Totally shut him down. 43% of his Ints are against the 3 prior games. BB did that same thing to almost every young QB. Until Allen turned the corner, the Bills had lost 12 or 13 straight to the Pats (NOT CLAIMING ZW will EVER be good or as good as ALLEN). but yeah, any other QB and we win this game hands down... sure, Let's first JD for blowing the pick and give away the store for Payton. I think we give LaFleur coach of the year. too - no excuse for ZW's play, but no excuse for LaFleur's lack of game plan and lack of adjustments. No excuse for not kicking that punt out of bounds No excuse for not challenging the fumble.

"When did make excuses for ZW?"

*** Proceeds to reel off list of excuses for ZW ***

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

in a way, yeah

8 minutes ago, Coquito said:

The offense had 2 total yards in the second half. My God, man. There is nothing here to defend. Nothing. 

MY GOD MAN NEVER DEFENDED ZW. NEVER. REREAD MT POSTS. NEVER DEFENDED HIM>

My God Man - wake up and realize that whole game was not on ZW. Offense, yes the OFFense only had 2 total yards. Yes ZW runs the O so he has to take responsibility for that. My point is so does the OL; so do the WRs (including Mimis), but most importantly so does the coaching staff and especially LaFleur.

You all think by me saying it isn't all on ZW that I am defending his play. In reality I am being critical of both him and the REST OF THE OFFENSE.

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Zach sucks.  The problems are not all his but he is terrible.  TERRIBLE.  What does he do well????

Well, there are a few games that he has made some amazing plays. And of course he makes some really stupid plays. I don't know if he will ever be a good let alone great Qb. I don't know if he will ever get better or if it would take 8 years like with Geno. So, he sucks, but we still lost this game. We still didn't help him at all on O. And, if he is as bad as everyone says, we still kept him in the game. We still called a play action pass (with no running game) or similar on pretty much every first down and then proceeded to run it up the gut on pretty much every second down. When he scrambled in the first half, BB adjusted to stop it, but LaFleur didn't adjust at all. You can bench ZW, but it isn't going to get you past the Pats.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

MY GOD MAN NEVER DEFENDED ZW. NEVER. REREAD MT POSTS. NEVER DEFENDED HIM>

My God Man - wake up and realize that whole game was not on ZW. Offense, yes the OFFense only had 2 total yards. Yes ZW runs the O so he has to take responsibility for that. My point is so does the OL; so do the WRs (including Mimis), but most importantly so does the coaching staff and especially LaFleur.

You all think by me saying it isn't all on ZW that I am defending his play. In reality I am being critical of both him and the REST OF THE OFFENSE.

If the QB is a schizophrenic, how can you blame "the offense"? The offense relies on the schizophrenic. 

Look, let's stop pretending Zach is a good QB and coming up with mental gymnastics blaming everybody else around him. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"When did make excuses for ZW?"

*** Proceeds to reel off list of excuses for ZW ***

Show me an excuse - you guys are funny with the one liners, but in reality you don't really care what anyone says. Saying it wasn't all on ZW isn't an excuse for ZW's play. It is a commentary on the Offense and the CS. But hey - whatever.

• Upvote 1