<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Buttle: “Maybe they could have called some screen passes or some trick plays.” Fails to mention that Zach Wilson air-mailed three passes behind the LOS. 

We can't run screens because Zach is so nervous back there he gives them away, he's terrible in every single aspect of the QB position. He has no touch, he's terrified of the rush and his field vision is probably the worst I have ever seen in all my years playing and watching Football. This team plays with no rhythm with him at the helm and at this stage I can confidently say Wilson has no chance to make it in this league. He is 100 % a bust IMO and that will not change. Its time to play Mike White and see if he has the goods to bring this team a playoff birth. If he can't do it fine you know what you have to do in the off season but if he can .......

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Wringing all the emotion out if this…

if your QB is unproductive— which he is right now— and the OC can’t find any game plan to change that other than to totally deemphasize him — which he is, then tour QB is too far from NFL ready to use him.  Since there’s no Triple A football league to option him to so he can learn, you either take your lumps with him and hope he will learn or bench him and let him learn there.  This team has a playoff caliber D and to ask them to just be patient while Zach learns while the playoffs get more distant from reach…. Well, that just shouldn’t happen.  

2 minutes ago, Coquito said:

If the QB is a schizophrenic, how can you blame "the offense"? The offense relies on the schizophrenic. 

Look, let's stop pretending Zach is a good QB and coming up with mental gymnastics blaming everybody else around him. 

Again never said he was good or played well. Why not bench him then. So, the CS gets a pass, but ZW doesn't. If he is that bad, bench his ass. Simple. But the CS didn't bench him; they didn't do anything. They didn't adjust; they didn't try anything. why? My guess is that they knew that White or Flacco would have been crushed back there, But I don't know - you guys get all of the SNY and a like - why didn't they bench him? Clearly, if it is all ZW's fault, benching him means we win, right?

9 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

MY GOD MAN NEVER DEFENDED ZW. NEVER. REREAD MT POSTS. NEVER DEFENDED HIM>

My God Man - wake up and realize that whole game was not on ZW. Offense, yes the OFFense only had 2 total yards. Yes ZW runs the O so he has to take responsibility for that. My point is so does the OL; so do the WRs (including Mimis), but most importantly so does the coaching staff and especially LaFleur.

You all think by me saying it isn't all on ZW that I am defending his play. In reality I am being critical of both him and the REST OF THE OFFENSE.

It is all on Zach Wilson 

• Upvote 1

I'm just going to show up to say this was quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever seen a QB have in the NFL.  There's a number of reasons as a whole the offense struggled today.  But this wasn't struggling, this was piss poor atrocious football.

I can agree that the OL struggled.  I can see there was no running game.  I can question why Ty Johnson was seemingly a featured player.  I'll even agree that the coverage was decent.  But he had guys and just flat out missed.  Even on the plays literally designed for easy completions and run after catches.

There is no defending this.  Anyone even trying is now holding the agenda card.

This isn't the end for Zach, he still had a good game against the Bills.  Maybe the Pats are just his kryptonite and we finally start to see improvement.  Maybe.

But I certainly haven't seen enough to justify what I saw today, and barring some legit QB play down the stretch here I truly believe JD will be in the hunt for a replacement.

Him saying "No" to the offense not letting down the defense is unbelievable, I haven't seen it yet only the report.  I have to think he's just trying to put on a bold face for the media and he's in his own head even on the podium.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Again never said he was good or played well. Why not bench him then. So, the CS gets a pass, but ZW doesn't. If he is that bad, bench his ass. Simple. But the CS didn't bench him; they didn't do anything. They didn't adjust; they didn't try anything. why? My guess is that they knew that White or Flacco would have been crushed back there, But I don't know - you guys get all of the SNY and a like - why didn't they bench him? Clearly, if it is all ZW's fault, benching him means we win, right?

Yeah, no. I can't. I just.. can't. It's me, it isn't you. Have a good night.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

yes, but with throwing for 225 yards - he only scored 3 points? is it the win, the points, or the stats - because it changes every week. And yes ZW played like crap. But the whole O stunk up the place. Two weeks to prepare and BB did his job, what about LaFleur? Yep, ZW played like complete and total crap, but there are 10 other poeple on the field. Mims drops an easy 1st down. Why didn't we challenge the fumble in the beginning of the game. BB got into ZW's head for sure, but why not try some trick plays, or direct snaps, or anything? The Jets gameplan was to wait out the game and we were tied with 20 seconds to go. Maybe we should blame the punter, or the ST coach - D gave up 3 points. O scored 3 points, ST scored 3 and lost 7. ZW isn't the only with who had a sh*t game.

Had the Jets been up 14 points, or was the one with the 13 game winning streak or BB, Mac Jones would have been the goat (and not the good kind).

Lol. You clearly can’t accept the fact that Zach isn’t the guy. 

qb is the most important position on the field. He is literally the thing holding the team back. The plays were there when he wa supposed to throw he just missed them. 

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We can't run screens because Zach is so nervous back there he gives them away, he's terrible in every single aspect of the QB position. He has no touch, he's terrified of the rush and his field vision is probably the worst I have ever seen in all my years playing and watching Football. This team plays with no rhythm with him at the helm and at this stage I can confidently say Wilson has no chance to make it in this league. He is 100 % a bust IMO and that will not change. Its time to play Mike White and see if he has the goods to bring this team a playoff birth. If he can't do it fine you know what you have to do in the off season but if he can .......

The fact that they’ve been running this pop-gun offense for Zach since he’s been back is proof enough that Saleh and co know they have a problem. The optimistic take was that they were establishing a baseline for Wilson upon which they could incrementally expand his opportunities, but they came out today and were clearly terrified of Zach Wilson killing them. Both Garrett Wilson and Mims gave Zach death glares on a few plays, and we already know Elijah Moore wants to run him over with his car. How much more can they take?

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I'm just going to show up to say this was quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever seen a QB have in the NFL.  There's a number of reasons as a whole the offense struggled today.  But this wasn't struggling, this was piss poor atrocious football.

I can agree that the OL struggled.  I can see there was no running game.  I can question why Ty Johnson was seemingly a featured player.  I'll even agree that the coverage was decent.  But he had guys and just flat out missed.  Even on the plays literally designed for easy completions and run after catches.

There is no defending this.  Anyone even trying is now holding the agenda card.

This isn't the end for Zach, he still had a good game against the Bills.  Maybe the Pats are just his kryptonite and we finally start to see improvement.  Maybe.

But I certainly haven't seen enough to justify what I saw today, and barring some legit QB play down the stretch here I truly believe JD will be in the hunt for a replacement.

Him saying "No" to the offense not letting down the defense is unbelievable, I haven't seen it yet only the report.  I have to think he's just trying to put on a bold face for the media and he's in his own head even on the podium.

I have to give you credit. You were among the most vocal (and level-headed) defenders of Zach Wilson when I was being a douche-nozzle to him all summer, but it’s impressive to see you be objectively critical at this point. Lots of dudes would have stuck to their takes until the bitter end. Good on you.

• Upvote 3

Year 2 Mark Sanchez wins that game.  Year 2 Sam Darnold probably wins that game.  Stev probably wins that game.  

ANOTHER nice young man who can't cut it as an NFL starter :(

Maybe next year and this coming from someone who still holds out hope for a post season birth this year.      

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Braden Mann even taking responsibility.

Saleh has a big problem on his hands.

everyone taking responsibility but the qb who sucked did not let the team down.

now add in garrett going off and rightfully so and Zach looks absolutely stupid and above his teammates.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Belichick dared Wilson to complete two passes in a row and he couldn’t do it. The feature of keeping Wilson in was that maybe he gets lucky on a 50 yarder to Garrett Wilson, but LaFleur didn’t risk any of that with the way Zach was playing. Damned if you do, etc

I like a lot of what Saleh’s brought and I think the culture has seemed pretty solid much of the season. Hopefully he’s got a pretty good pulse on the locker room because I think the line between having those guys behind him and losing them completely if he keeps trotting out Wilson when he’s performing like this is very thin.