<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mac Jones being terrible does not excuse Zach Wilson of being even worse.  Come the f**k on with this lame take.

My point wasn't trying to say it was. My point is that Jones is terrible and yet they keep beating us. Jones is terrible, but the loss is all on ZW (who stunk up the game). The question is why? How come ZW (and the Jets for the prior 5 years) can't play good offense against the Pats. Their D is good, yes, but there is more to it.

Fans look at the game and go, hey we lost because of ZW. Well if there was a miracle, and the Jets won, would it be because Mac Jones? We were accusing ZW for loosing the game, when we were tied and then we loose on ST play. I just don't get it. Fans here have were talking about how Mac Jones was the bomb - he plays like sh*t - but he is surrounded with better coaching. How sad is that considering who the Pats O coordinator is.

As for lame take, it is lame to blame all of the failing on the Jets O on Zach. Just like it was lame to call Saleh and our CS the worst CS in the history of the league when our D was so bad.

WHY would you punt it on a line drive to the return man with 20 sec left and a DL playing its ass off?  Why not punt it to the sideline or out of bounds?
I thought the giants punting to DeSean Jackson was hilarious many moons ago... when it happened to us... not so funny

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is the big issue. A year and a half in and the basic fundamentals still elude Zach Wilson. There’s no shame in getting owned by Belichick, but to not even challenge that defense is embarrassing. Try to scramble, throw it deep, something. He simply didn’t compete. 

no clue how to read a defense. he's guessing and hoping when he drops back.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

My point wasn't trying to say it was. My point is that Jones is terrible and yet they keep beating us. Jones is terrible, but the loss is all on ZW (who stunk up the game). The question is why? How come ZW (and the Jets for the prior 5 years) can't play good offense against the Pats. Their D is good, yes, but there is more to it.

Fans look at the game and go, hey we lost because of ZW. Well if there was a miracle, and the Jets won, would it be because Mac Jones? We were accusing ZW for loosing the game, when we were tied and then we loose on ST play. I just don't get it. Fans here have were talking about how Mac Jones was the bomb - he plays like sh*t - but he is surrounded with better coaching. How sad is that considering who the Pats O coordinator is.

As for lame take, it is lame to blame all of the failing on the Jets O on Zach. Just like it was lame to call Saleh and our CS the worst CS in the history of the league when our D was so bad.

We lost both NE games primarily due to the play of Zach Wilson.  

• Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, frankiepapa said:

I thought the giants punting to DeSean Jackson was hilarious many moons ago... when it happened to us... not so funny

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

No idea why we didn't just punt out of bounds there ... sure, 20/20 hindsight but there was hardly any time left, why risk a return?

???????????????????????

Its not that hard to get people.. ZW can be trash ANNND MJ can be trash, but a different kind of trash.

Mac jones is like a wadded up newspaper and Zach is like a used piece of toilet paper.

#2 Has to stand for something, right?  #DOGsh*t

???????????????????????

32 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

**** you, God.  ****. YOU!

God does not put in the QB bad game after bad game after bad game. I can think of 2 GOOD games Zach has played his entire career. 2!!!!!  He is easily the worst QB in this franchises history and its not even close. Every QB we have ever had, back ups included, could have done better than Zach Wilson and probably won us the game today.

Saleh better be ready to give Mike White some first team reps and get the hook ready after the first quarter next week or our playoff chances go bye bye . Once again a championship caliber defense being wasted by a sh*thead QB. But lets be clear, Zach Wilson is not even close to Mark Sanchez in any way shape or form. How bad is that ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

God does not put in the QB bad game after bad game after bad game. I can think of 2 GOOD games Zach has played his entire career. 2!!!!!  He is easily the worst QB in this franchises history and its not even close. Every QB we have ever had, back ups included, could have done better than Zach Wilson and probably won us the game today.

Saleh better be ready to give Mike White some first team reps and get the hook ready after the first quarter next week or our playoff chances go bye bye . Once again a championship caliber defense being wasted by a sh*thead QB. But lets be clear, Zach Wilson is not even close to Mark Sanchez in any way shape or form. How bad is that ?

I say Strevler.  He has that run threat, leadership approach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Either oblivious (which I doubt) or a complete pussy who refuses to own his responsibility.

Just further supports that he needs a humbling via some time sitting and watching.

Too bad Saleh is far too much of a pussy to do it.

His idol is Aaron Rodgers, who is the same way - but, can play to make folks tolerate it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

???????????????????????

Its not that hard to get people.. ZW can be trash ANNND MJ can be trash, but a different kind of trash.

Mac jones is like a wadded up newspaper and Zach is like a used piece of toilet paper.

#2 Has to stand for something, right?  #DOGsh*t

???????????????????????

weak armed Mac Jones made Zach Wilson look like a pee wee league QB our defense is superior and we hurt every QB we play and I think in that respect Jones did a good job today at least he can complete a pass 10 feet away from him. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Get the f**k off my team you punk b*tch.  

I tried. And I know you did. I gave him every benefit of the doubt. I'm done with this turd, and I'm done with every unit of the team getting trashed to rationalize how bad this kid sucks. 

THIS GAME WAS A GIMME. LOL

How can anybody at this point not see it?

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

How anyone can believe Zach is a serviceable QB is beyond me. We have won games where he played like Dogcrap.

We lost CLOSE games because he did ZIP.

LOL - in the beginning of the year, everyone was like Flacco sucks, Saleh sucks, we should give away the store for this player and that player. NEVER in ANY of my posts today did I say ZW did anything but suck. I know this, he isn't the worst QB that ever played the game. I was watching a game this year where the QB was 1-14 and 8 yards. At that was against a much weaker D. I have also NEVER said that ZW was going to be serviceable.

What is beyond me is how people can watch these games and not see that ZW is not the ONLY problem on the Jets O. What is beyond me is how people can watch a game where the O only scored 3 points on both sides of the ball in crazy weather and have the game lost on a bad play by ST and blame the loss or focus solely on the QB.

The real difference between Mac Jones and ZW, IMO, is that offense that they play on.  If Mac Jones was here, he would suck. I can say that as I watched him play all of last year and this year. I can tell you the Pats never win on his shoulders; BB plays the no mistakes game and they are extremely good at it. BB also game plans for both O and taking away what the opponent does. Unfortunately, our CS played the no mistakes game and lost the game on a big mistake with 20 seconds left in  he game.

ZW is young and is going to have up and down games. Is he a bust - well, he probably is. But this loss sits on the shoulders of LaFleur and Boyer. There was no plan on O, and with the wind, the D, and 20 seconds left, a shank would have been better than the kick. That ball goes out of bounds and who knows how the game ends. This team has NO O - with or without ZW. And BB owns ZW as he did for the past 3 QBs before him. So, I am thinking it isn't all on Zach.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Either oblivious (which I doubt) or a complete pussy who refuses to own his responsibility.

Just further supports that he needs a humbling via some time sitting and watching.

Put Streveler in.  He has some experience.  And balls.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Wilson nepotism needs to stop. They're going to lose the locker room if they haven't already. Such a good team being wasted.

Zach isn't a precious baby that needs nurturing and coddling. He's a grown man who wanted this and is going to have to deal with all the ups and downs that come with it. 

In fact, his giant leap in college coincided with the only time he had an open competition with fire under his azz. Saleh and co need to make him earn it. He has not so far. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ausman said:

Put Streveler in.  He has some experience.  And balls.

White at QB.  He's smart, he's fast, and he sees the open man.  Despite his limited arm strength.

Streveler active, and with several designed plays for his skillset per game.  Most likely runs, but some passes too.

I'd rather watch that the ever watch what we saw today again.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) QB's get paid a lot more than OC's for a reason.

2) No OC can get any juice out of a dogsh*t QB.

Blaming LaFleur more than Zach Wilson is also lame.  

First of all, not sure how much ZW or LaFleur makes, but that is what we care about. yes a QB can get juice out of bad QBs, look at the Pats. But again, what about the rest of the team. The OL couldn't block for ZW or the running game. Mims misses an easy catch at the beginning of the game. Saleh doesn't challenge the clear fumble that would have put the ball on the NE 3 - you want to see a bad QB, what what happens if Mac Jones needs to put the game on his shoulders.

Why did it take until that last offensive series to try an off tackle run? Was that ZW's fault.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - in the beginning of the year, everyone was like Flacco sucks, Saleh sucks, we should give away the store for this player and that player. NEVER in ANY of my posts today did I say ZW did anything but suck. I know this, he isn't the worst QB that ever played the game. I was watching a game this year where the QB was 1-14 and 8 yards. At that was against a much weaker D. I have also NEVER said that ZW was going to be serviceable.

What is beyond me is how people can watch these games and not see that ZW is not the ONLY problem on the Jets O. What is beyond me is how people can watch a game where the O only scored 3 points on both sides of the ball in crazy weather and have the game lost on a bad play by ST and blame the loss or focus solely on the QB.

The real difference between Mac Jones and ZW, IMO, is that offense that they play on.  If Mac Jones was here, he would suck. I can say that as I watched him play all of last year and this year. I can tell you the Pats never win on his shoulders; BB plays the no mistakes game and they are extremely good at it. BB also game plans for both O and taking away what the opponent does. Unfortunately, our CS played the no mistakes game and lost the game on a big mistake with 20 seconds left in  he game.

ZW is young and is going to have up and down games. Is he a bust - well, he probably is. But this loss sits on the shoulders of LaFleur and Boyer. There was no plan on O, and with the wind, the D, and 20 seconds left, a shank would have been better than the kick. That ball goes out of bounds and who knows how the game ends. This team has NO O - with or without ZW. And BB owns ZW as he did for the past 3 QBs before him. So, I am thinking it isn't all on Zach.

Ever read Don Quixote????  You are alone fighting the windmill. No one is with you.

download.jpg

• Upvote 1