<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Just now, Stark said:

Dumb.  We had no qb play worth a sh!t all game. 
zach made bad high throws and again is inept and doesn’t run the offense. Proof is in the pudding. Every qb not named Z Wilson has had the offense run efficiently even with Josh Johnson. 

zach isn’t the answer. You can keep hoping but the kid doesn’t make the easy plays and then he pisses himself the other 80% of the tIme

Mac “weak arm” Jones can throw for over 225yds I’m the same wind. 

rule 14 

yes, but with throwing for 225 yards - he only scored 3 points? is it the win, the points, or the stats - because it changes every week. And yes ZW played like crap. But the whole O stunk up the place. Two weeks to prepare and BB did his job, what about LaFleur? Yep, ZW played like complete and total crap, but there are 10 other poeple on the field. Mims drops an easy 1st down. Why didn't we challenge the fumble in the beginning of the game. BB got into ZW's head for sure, but why not try some trick plays, or direct snaps, or anything? The Jets gameplan was to wait out the game and we were tied with 20 seconds to go. Maybe we should blame the punter, or the ST coach - D gave up 3 points. O scored 3 points, ST scored 3 and lost 7. ZW isn't the only with who had a sh*t game.

Had the Jets been up 14 points, or was the one with the 13 game winning streak or BB, Mac Jones would have been the goat (and not the good kind).

15 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Zach sucks, but yes, it’s the coach’s fault for putting him back in the game time after time. Zach sucks, yes, but Mike LaFleur called an awful game. Yes, it’s the coach’s fault.

I'm not replacing the coaches, no. I'm replacing the QB.

But you do you.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

What a back braker, this kidcould not hit a 5 yard in or out, he is terrible and its time to re-think the QB position. Sorry folks, Time to move on. The wimd was there for both Teams and Jones played fine.

The funny thing is, I'm not even ready to say "move on" yet.  The kid has talent and he's cheap enough to keep around.

But can we at least have a viable back-up for games like today?  When it's SO clear the kid doesn't have it?

We'll know something's up if there isn't a legitimate QB competition in camp next year . . .

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is the big issue. A year and a half in and the basic fundamentals still elude Zach Wilson. There’s no shame in getting owned by Belichick, but to not even challenge that defense is embarrassing. Try to scramble, throw it deep, something. He simply didn’t compete. 

He also airmailed a couple of screen passes.  

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

All of the various post game shows are killing MiLF for using the same game plan as the first Jets/Pats game and failing to make any in-game adjustments.

Wait Mike is the reason Zach was missing so many open WR’s and threw so many passes st8 into defenders arms ? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

yes, but with throwing for 225 yards - he only scored 3 points? is it the win, the points, or the stats - because it changes every week. And yes ZW played like crap. But the whole O stunk up the place. Two weeks to prepare and BB did his job, what about LaFleur? Yep, ZW played like complete and total crap, but there are 10 other poeple on the field. Mims drops an easy 1st down. Why didn't we challenge the fumble in the beginning of the game. BB got into ZW's head for sure, but why not try some trick plays, or direct snaps, or anything? The Jets gameplan was to wait out the game and we were tied with 20 seconds to go. Maybe we should blame the punter, or the ST coach - D gave up 3 points. O scored 3 points, ST scored 3 and lost 7. ZW isn't the only with who had a sh*t game.

Had the Jets been up 14 points, or was the one with the 13 game winning streak or BB, Mac Jones would have been the goat (and not the good kind).

Mac Jones being terrible does not excuse Zach Wilson of being even worse.  Come the f**k on with this lame take.

• Upvote 4

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Zach Wilson is one of the worst QBs I’ve ever seen

Saleh is out there talking about him as if he’s prime Joe Montana

Defense gave up 3 pts

Everybody laughed at NE for drafting Mac Jones

Wilson was supposed to be better, no?

Mac Jones didn’t sh-it his pants 

300 Yards of total offense vs under 100 or whatever TF it was

Mac Jones stinks.  If he wasn't on the Pats he'd probably on some team's bench.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Unfortunately, competent QB play has historically been far too high of a mark for the Jets to reach.

But I'd argue part of that is because there was no surrounding cast to work with.

Can you point to a Jets team that had this much talent around the ball and DIDN'T win its share of games?

35 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Dude Zach is a castrated gunslinger ... This is on LaFleur and Saleh DC hubris at it's finest.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I'm not a MLF fan to be clear. I don't think he calls a good game at all. I don't think he's doing a good job coaching up ZW. However, at the same time, ZW is consistently missing lay up passes when they are there to be made. That is something we've seen consistently despite less than stellar play calling this season. If ZW can't hit the easy passes consistently he isn't going to succeed. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Saleh says they have to look at film? You couldn't see how bad ZW was? It sounds like Wilson will be in their next Sunday. 

Saleh can say whether TF he wants

ZW has already lost the locker room

Nobody believes in him 

and if Saleh doesn’t wake up, he’s going to lose the locker room too 

• Upvote 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

This sounds great, but then why did he go 23/27 and 246 yards against a supposedly dominant defense?

I'd rather give the kid some credit than say some bum played well against us . . .

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Thats what makes it so embarrassing 

the #2 overall pick is absolute gutter trash 

He was outplayed by McCorkle today 

He talked all this sh-t on Friday and after the Buffalo game and then went out and embarrassed himself again 

Jones at least knows where to go with the ball

Wilson is abject trash

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

This is like seeing Bigfoot -- I didn't think a Zack supporter still existed.

So you think Mac Jones had a bad day ONLY going 23/27 for 246 yards against a SUPPOSEDLY superior defense?

You think one bad play from the Special Teams negates a DOZEN bad throws/decisions from ZW?

You think the plays that were called were SCRIPTED to go 10 feet over people's heads?

You think the wind only blew when ZW was on the field?  That BB "turned it off" so Mac Jones could complete 85% of his passes?

You think the past 10 years (where the Pats were CLEARLY dominant) explains why we can't be them, now that WE are the clearly more talented team (on paper)?

You want to spread the blame around, go ahead.  But if you think ZW isn't the number one reason we lost, you're beyond all hope of any rational discussion . . .

funny, cause I thought a reasonable fan was like big foot -  didn't think they existed.

I have been critical of ZW. You just can't blame him for both the path 10 years or entirely for this games mess. I would blame LaFleur more than ZW here. In fact the entire O was terrible. I get the injuries. I get the loss of Breece, but the O is terrible. My point about the 14 games is that BB has our number. It is up to coaching, especially coming off of the bye to come up with a plan. I would have liked to see them pull ZW as it would show that the O isn't entirely on him. Remember the first 4 games this season when ZW didn't play - the O was this bad in 3 of them. Every year, and every game, the Pats make our QB look silly - one saw ghosts. It can't all be on ZW. It is easy to blame it all on ZW.

That was my point about the returned punt - ST plays like crap and looses the game; first gives up a TD and then doesn't coach the returned to kneel down, lateral, anything. And all people can blame is ZW. Did ZW play well - absolutely not; did the jets loose soles because of him? NO.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

funny, cause I thought a reasonable fan was like big foot -  didn't think they existed.

I have been critical of ZW. You just can't blame him for both the path 10 years or entirely for this games mess. I would blame LaFleur more than ZW here. In fact the entire O was terrible. I get the injuries. I get the loss of Breece, but the O is terrible. My point about the 14 games is that BB has our number. It is up to coaching, especially coming off of the bye to come up with a plan. I would have liked to see them pull ZW as it would show that the O isn't entirely on him. Remember the first 4 games this season when ZW didn't play - the O was this bad in 3 of them. Every year, and every game, the Pats make our QB look silly - one saw ghosts. It can't all be on ZW. It is easy to blame it all on ZW.

That was my point about the returned punt - ST plays like crap and looses the game; first gives up a TD and then doesn't coach the returned to kneel down, lateral, anything. And all people can blame is ZW. Did ZW play well - absolutely not; did the jets loose soles because of him? NO.

1) QB's get paid a lot more than OC's for a reason.

2) No OC can get any juice out of a dogsh*t QB.

Blaming LaFleur more than Zach Wilson is also lame.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, Kleckineau said:

Yes because BB could never counter such a genius plan

It’s not genius.  It’s mano a mano.  You’re just imposing your will on the other team.  By the 4th Q, they’re tiring and missing tackles.  Jets have done it every game except the two against the Pats.  Someone should ask Sakeh why?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yep - down the thumbs at me. What kind of fan laughs at the team losing, you guys just want to be right more than you want the Jets to win. I hated the game today. Kicked the couch scared the pup upstairs, but laughing at your team or Qb - very classy as is the thumbs down...

I was just hoping Zach would get hurt, so that we had a chance.  You not recognizing Zach's inability to perform is funny.

• Upvote 1