Gotta ride it out…….

Shelbyblue

Zach is not good right now, that being said neither is Trevor, Mack is meh, and Justin just had the superpower of his legs but not lighting it up in the air. Zach is learning not to loose but hasn’t learned how to win yet. Maybe bring in Jimmy G if it doesn’t cost too much because the rest of the team will be ready to compete for it all next year and if Zach sucks early you know Jimmy can run this offense well. Still no panicking….. Next year is the telling year, we will know early next season.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

Zach is not good right now, that being said neither is Trevor, Mack is meh, and Justin just had the superpower of his legs but not lighting it up in the air. Zach is learning not to loose but hasn’t learned how to win yet. Maybe bring in Jimmy G if it doesn’t cost too much because the rest of the team will be ready to compete for it all next year and if Zach sucks early you know Jimmy can run this offense well. Still no panicking….. Next year is the telling year, we will know early next season.

I appreciate your optimism and have hope too. 

Also, please do not ever mention Jimmy Garololo in any context regarding the New York Jets. Thank you. Bless you. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

If we had any of the QB'S  you named, we would have won today

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

this sounds like surrender 

15 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

If there was a minor leagues for the NFl that is where ZW would be second string

18 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

We don’t need to wait til next year. We have the answer right in front of us. He’s not even close to being good.

19 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

Zach hasn't learned much at all. 

I can't think of anything that he does as a QB that would even be considered average in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I do think that was still the correct move, as crazy as it sounds

If you fold if there is legit compeition you are not a good starter.  Some of the very best qbs in this league were not handed a job with no competition.  Not only that if the starter plays bad or gets hurt you toss away the season, like the jets may have just done.

There is nothing wrong with pulling a guy out if he is failing and go to a better option.  And the starter needs to realize this.

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well we have no real choice but to ride it out.  The coach and gm made sure we had to ride it out by not getting legit backup QBs.

One way or another, this was the year to find out what Zach was made of. Glad we have some closure on that, at least. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you fold if there is legit compeition you are not a good starter.  Some of the very best qbs in this league were not handed a job with no competition.  Not only that if the starter plays bad or gets hurt you toss away the season, like the jets may have just done.

There is nothing wrong with pulling a guy out if he is failing and go to a better option.  And the starter needs to realize this.

I get that, I really do. I just think they took the kid #2 overall, he was going to get all of 2 years to work out the bugs. I 100% endorse either a change at QB of "competing" against Carr/Jimmy G next season. I just don't know if a legit competition was the right time this year, we just played far better than expected and it in turn bit us in the butt.

if Wilson plays badly next week you go with White and bring in competition next season (assuming White isn't killing it). I really want someone to do a breakdown of the all 22, i am shocked at how bad he was. not even upset about the punt return...we would have kept punting it back and forth until the pats kicked a FG anyways.

• Upvote 1

Got to ride it out. There was no run game today, as the game of musical OL reached its limit - it's hard to go against a veteran defense when they are daring you to throw into the wind because they know you can't run. We missed Herbig - not to mention all the other linemen on IR. Some of the blame for no offense has to rest on MLF - if there was a functional game plan, it was not evident. Not punting out of bounds was inexcusable.

If the playoff slot disappears over the horizon as the season goes on, I'd be OK with sitting ZW if he shows no progress, and I'd like to give Streveler a chance. I'm not so hot on Mike White: I think we've seen his ceiling. Streveler's mobility and double threat is more in line with what other teams are able to muster successfully. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I get that, I really do. I just think they took the kid #2 overall, he was going to get all of 2 years to work out the bugs. I 100% endorse either a change at QB of "competing" against Carr/Jimmy G next season. I just don't know if a legit competition was the right time this year, we just played far better than expected and it in turn bit us in the butt.

If Carr comes in, he will be the QB1. There won't be a competition if we are paying him 41 million next year. A 1st and a 3rd should do it, plus we will have enough cap space to get it done.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

if Wilson plays badly next week you go with White and bring in competition next season (assuming White isn't killing it). I really want someone to do a breakdown of the all 22, i am shocked at how bad he was. not even upset about the punt return...we would have kept punting it back and forth until the pats kicked a FG anyways.

Zach in 7 games, has 4tds and 5 ints while averaging 146 passing yards per game. This is insanely bad, even for a 3rd stringer.

• Upvote 1

I don’t care about other QBs, I care about the Jets. He was bad today.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

If Carr comes in, he will be the QB1. There won't be a competition if we are paying him 41 million next year. A 1st and a 3rd should do it, plus we will have enough cap space to get it done.

There is no situation where you trade a 1st and a 3rd for Carr when Jimmy G is going to be a Free Agent. Carr may be cut in February because as of the 10th of Feb the Raiders are on the hook for $41m over the next 2 seasons.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bla bla bla said:

There is no situation where you trade a 1st and a 3rd for Carr when Jimmy G is going to be a Free Agent. Carr may be cut in February because as of the 10th for Feb the Raiders are on the hook for $41m over the next 2 seasons.

Carr is 30x the QB Jimmy G is. That's why the Jets need him while we have a young core on rookie contracts. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Gramsci said:

Carr is 30x the QB Jimmy G is. That's why the Jets need him while we have a young core on rookie contracts. 

Jimmy G has played in this offense before and knows the staff, without costing the team any draft picks. (and is same age as Carr) I'm sure there are still some sour feelings that the Pats chose Brady over him, let him get a crack at it.

Carr would be a fine option, but not for more than a 2nd considering his massive cap hits. 

23 - $33m

24 - $42m

25 - $41m

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He needs to sit and learn to be a coach, because he certainly isn’t a QB in this league. 

That might be it. What's going on now isn't working. He need to be benched and compete for the spot next camp. I think he'd lose to the ghost of Chad Pennington at this point

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Jimmy G has played in this offense before and knows the staff, without costing the team any draft picks. (and is same age as Carr) I'm sure there are still some sour feelings that the Pats chose Brady over him, let him get a crack at it.

Carr would be a fine option, but not for more than a 2nd considering his massive cap hits. 

23 - $33m

24 - $42m

25 - $41m

But Carr is a much better Qb than Jimmy. Plus, in my opinion Carr's impact on our cap are not as substancial as they look, considering it's a short term contract and our young core is making close to peanuts. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

He can't play next week. If this team want's to make the playoffs - which is a real possibility - they can't let a single element sink them, the way Zach has been. 

we dont have a clear cut alternative solution on the roster. if you think Mike White is the answer i'd ask you to go watch him play against the Bills last year. and Flacco is a statue. You play Wilson next week.