Gotta ride it out…….

Shelbyblue

15 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

But Carr is a much better Qb than Jimmy. Plus, in my opinion Carr's impact on our cap are not as substancial as they look, considering it's a short term contract and our young core is making close to peanuts. 

Contract can be worked with, I just prefer the guy who's been with this staff in a SB before.

I don't care...I hate this comparison of QBs drafted by other teams...each team has a different situation and I firmly believe if we had ANY OTHER first round QB drafted in the same year we are 2-0 vs the pats. A guy like Fields on the way our offense is ran would be friggin orgasmic. I won't even use Trevor because we had no shot at drafting him.

45 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think Carr has a higher ceiling and lower floor for a high cost.

For me I think we can sign Jimmy G for a lower cost with minimal risk and no learning curve.

I'd much rather roll the dice with Jimmy G than Carr.  Jimmy G came very close to winning a SB.

But honestly, if we're going the "acquire a QB" route, the first 2 that we need to check in on are Aaron Rodgers and TB12.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I get that, I really do. I just think they took the kid #2 overall, he was going to get all of 2 years to work out the bugs. I 100% endorse either a change at QB of "competing" against Carr/Jimmy G next season. I just don't know if a legit competition was the right time this year, we just played far better than expected and it in turn bit us in the butt.

Work out the bugs?

Thank you for that. Haven't laughed in hours.

4 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Zach is not good right now, that being said neither is Trevor,

I don't care about Trevor, he's not our problem.

Mack is meh,

I don't care about Jones, he's not our problem.

and Justin just had the superpower of his legs but not lighting it up in the air.

I don't care about Fields, he's not our problem.

Zach is learning not to loose but hasn’t learned how to win yet.

Zach hasn't learned anything.  He's as "32nd ranked" today as the day he arrived at camp as a rookie.

Next year is the telling year, we will know early next season.

We do not need to wait till next year "to see what we got".  It's pretty obvious what we got.

It's on Zach to change it.  Not us to "ride it out…….".  He doesn't improve greatly, he doesn't belong on the roster next year.  Josh Rosen was a better QB than this, much less Sam Darnold.

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd much rather roll the dice with Jimmy G than Carr.  Jimmy G came very close to winning a SB.

But honestly, if we're going the "acquire a QB" route, the first 2 that we need to check in on are Aaron Rodgers and TB12.

Jimmy G ain't it.  He was a passenger on that run.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've been saying Jimmy G or Brady will be a Jet next year. Both allow you to let Zach sit, won't cost draft picks, and you don't have to trade for them.

- Carr would be a pretty steep price

- Rodgers would be a $75m dead cap hit for the Packers, we'd need to move a ton of picks for that to make sense for them.

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't care about Trevor, he's not our problem.

I don't care about Jones, he's not our problem.

I don't care about Fields, he's not our problem.

Zach hasn't learned anything.  He's as "32nd ranked" today as the day he arrived at camp as a rookie.

We do not need to wait till next year "to see what we got".  It's pretty obvious what we got.

It's on Zach to change it.  Not us to "ride it out…….".  He doesn't improve greatly, he doesn't belong on the roster next year.  Josh Rosen was a better QB than this, much less Sam Darnold.

Jets just need someone at QB who can generate in the neighborhood of 2 TD’s (pass, run….doesn’t matter) and a couple FG’s per game, if you haven’t noticed they now have a Very Very Special D…..5+ Sacks again today, 3 consecutive weeks, not even the Sack Exchange accomplished that.  I heard a Jet pregame show today where they were crowning the Jets to be stepping up into the KC Chiefs class once Wilson is let loose to take lots of down field shots coupled with their growing Monster D….then the game and just a shocking result.

I thought Wilson could at the very least be good for those numbers, now I’m not sure.

This team, throughout its history virtually  Never has a team that doesn’t have at least one glaring weakness that holds it back.

• Upvote 1

Josh Rosen .. is he on a team...bring that bitch in.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

we dont have a clear cut alternative solution on the roster. if you think Mike White is the answer i'd ask you to go watch him play against the Bills last year. and Flacco is a statue. You play Wilson next week.

Mike white had one bad game against buffalo and he's written off as terrible 

Zach wilson has had 20 bad games and he gets more chances 

We can discuss white vs Streveler or even Flacco but in any fair qb competition, Zach would be 4th 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Mike white had one bad game aga buffalo and he's terrible 

We can discuss white vs Streveler or even Flacco but in any fair qb competition, Zach would be 4th 

Not even close. Zach is practice squad at best. 

• Upvote 2

On the field, Zach Wilson has ONLY shown a low floor and a low ceiling… through 20 games.

Worse possible scenario for a QB drafted #2.

His best games are pedestrian…

His worst games are head scratching based on his supposed talent and study habits.

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

Mike white had one bad game against buffalo and he's written off as terrible 

disagree.

13 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I get that, I really do. I just think they took the kid #2 overall, he was going to get all of 2 years to work out the bugs. I 100% endorse either a change at QB of "competing" against Carr/Jimmy G next season. I just don't know if a legit competition was the right time this year, we just played far better than expected and it in turn bit us in the butt.

Ryan, if you get Carr, there is no way there is a competition.  Carr, for his career, has 208 TD's and 90 ints, with a 65% completion percentage, to Zach's 13 td and 16ints, and 55% completion percentage.

Derek Carr with a health o line (AVT Back), breece back, and the young offensive weapons we have with this stud defense? Sign me up right now. 

You get Carr, there is no competition, he plays. Zach sits or is traded for a 5th, maybe, if that.

8 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Ryan, if you get Carr, there is no way there is a competition.  Carr, for his career, has 208 TD's and 90 ints, with a 65% completion percentage, to Zach's 13 td and 16ints, and 55% completion percentage.

Derek Carr with a health o line (AVT Back), breece back, and the young offensive weapons we have with this stud defense? Sign me up right now. 

You get Carr, there is no competition, he plays. Zach sits or is traded for a 5th, maybe, if that.

I'd expect that as well, it's morso because of his contract. If you don't rework Carrs deal then you could cut him after 2023 if you don't think he is worth $41m. If I'm Carr, I wouldn't renegotiate, I'd force you to pay me or cut me at that point.

14 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Zach is not good right now, that being said neither is Trevor, Mack is meh, and Justin just had the superpower of his legs but not lighting it up in the air. Zach is learning not to loose but hasn’t learned how to win yet. Maybe bring in Jimmy G if it doesn’t cost too much because the rest of the team will be ready to compete for it all next year and if Zach sucks early you know Jimmy can run this offense well. Still no panicking….. Next year is the telling year, we will know early next season.

Trevor Lawrence is a superstar compared to Zach right now.   He's quietly having a very solid year.  He's clearly an NFL QB.

We might not have the same team next year on D.  This year we are good.  The coaching staff can't waste an opportunity with a good roster. 

The Jets are stuck with Zach, until the end of the season. They have to move on from this loss. They are 6-4 and 1 game behind the Bills and Dolphins for the division, which they currently hold the tie breaker against both teams.

The Patriots will be the last place team in the division, Whats done is done, The Pats have the toughest SOS out of all 4 teams in the AFC East.

Come out and beat The Bears next week and the fans move on from this.

Its just the disdain for losing to a Patriots team that we all can not stand. I am sick about it also.

The Jets season is not over, win next week and they are firmly in the hunt for the division and the playoffs.

18 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Zach is not good right now, that being said neither is Trevor, Mack is meh, and Justin just had the superpower of his legs but not lighting it up in the air. Zach is learning not to loose but hasn’t learned how to win yet. Maybe bring in Jimmy G if it doesn’t cost too much because the rest of the team will be ready to compete for it all next year and if Zach sucks early you know Jimmy can run this offense well. Still no panicking….. Next year is the telling year, we will know early next season.

Nope

Nada

Nyet 

Nee

Non

Nein

Nine

Enough of this narrative that Zach needs time.  We corrected the mistake with the last five QB's drafted on this team.  Zach is surrounded by a ton of talent, and he has REGRESSED.

Mike White, Streveler, or Flacco.  Don't care.....This team has a shot at the playoffs, and Zach can no longer be trusted.

• Upvote 1

The ONLY thing that will help Zack is to leave him out there, take the gloves off, and air it out 40 times a game for the last 7. Back yard ball.

This 'keep it super safe so ZW can develop at his own pace' is nonsense. Zack will never 'develop' into a well-oiled pocket passer.

Only way Zack becomes dangerous is by letting Zack be Zack, 40 times a game.