Not There Yet

Swampfox

Sauce is not as good as some fans think.  He is too handsy and rarely turns his head around especially on post patterns.  ( Hey Sauce   the WR's are not that good looking so quit staring at them) so turn your head around and look for the ball.  Being handsy with the WR only slows you down and can also draw a PI penalty. Once REC sets his pattern turn head immediately. Unless QB throws perfect pass, most passes whiz by CB's head or slightly above.  Raise your pinky finger and knock ball down. You'll never be as good as Revis until you take my free of charge advice. Revis and other great CB's turn and look for the ball. BTW, 75-80 % of LB's and DB's do the same thing as you.  GN

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 15
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Sauce is not as good as some fans think.  He is too handsy and rarely turns his head around especially on post patterns.  ( Hey Sauce   the WR's are not that good looking so quit staring at them) so turn your head around and look for the ball.  Being handsy with the WR only slows you down and can also draw a PI penalty. Once REC sets his pattern turn head immediately. Unless QB throws perfect pass, most passes whiz by CB's head or slightly above.  Raise your pinky finger and knock ball down. You'll never be as good as Revis until you take my free of charge advice. Revis and other great CB's turn and look for the ball. BTW, 75-80 % of LB's and DB's do the same thing as you.  GN

how many PI penalties has sauce had this year?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

What team are you a fan of and why are you so mad at sauce?

Also what year did you start watching the NFL? It’s clear you didn’t watch Revis play live and only looked at highlights. He was a master at being handsy and tackling the guy right before the ball got there instead of turning around.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Yep.

CEC15CFA-F2CB-4A4E-804E-79575B73A89E.gif

Been a Jets fan since 1965.  Not mad at Sauce but wish he would turn his head. Watch his head and ball placement on passes. PI penalties ?  Don't know but refs have tendency not to throw flags at  " premier " players but this will bite him in the butt. Watch his head when ball arrives and also his hands  while running Sunday.   ECURB:  I did watch Revis play live and he had his issues but they called him Revis Island because he TURNED HIS HEAD and knocked the ball away.

His name is now on the ring of honor.   ( I win.  lol ) just messing

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Refs not throwing flags on him because he’s a premier player will bite him in the butt? He’s not as good as we think because he doesn’t turn his head around, but the league considers him a premier player as a rookie to the point he’s getting preferential treatment? 

Im glad you posted this. I was texting my cousin Twitchy  the other day while he was in the day room at the methadone clinic. He was saying pretty much the same thing but his fingers shake a lot when he types so I wasn’t exactly sure what he meant. He was the third string CB on our Pop Warner team and one time he almost defended a pass that fell about 8 feet short. BUT, he turned his head around ! Beck then we all thought he was nuts, now I know differently. Thank you SwampFox. Thank you. 

Your creativity and detail is impressive good sir. Lol. 

I wish twitchy good luck in his journey. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Refs not throwing flags on him because he’s a premier player will bite him in the butt? He’s not as good as we think because he doesn’t turn his head around, but the league considers him a premier player as a rookie to the point he’s getting preferential treatment? 

Im glad you posted this. I was texting my cousin Twitchy  the other day while he was in the day room at the methadone clinic. He was saying pretty much the same thing but his fingers shake a lot when he types so I wasn’t exactly sure what he meant. He was the third string CB on our Pop Warner team and one time he almost defended a pass that fell about 8 feet short. BUT, he turned his head around ! Beck then we all thought he was nuts, now I know differently. Thank you SwampFox. Thank you. 

This Twitchy, he need his cat shaved, brah?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Swampfox said:

7-4

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I agree, he could have been called for PI on like every big play he’s had. We’d be calling him kyle Wilson 2.0 if the refs decided to take a different approach with him. 

benedict cumberbatch sherlock GIF

I also agree that if things had happened differently, that’d we’d be talking about how things happened differently.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Hey Crusher:  Ask Twitchy what % of "back shoulder" throws would successful if the DB turned his head to the QB. Very little on post patterns. 

QB's throw it because they know which CB looks or not.

54 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I agree, he could have been called for PI on like every big play he’s had. We’d be calling him kyle Wilson 2.0 if the refs decided to take a different approach with him. 

We can say that for 95% of contested completions in the league. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I agree that Sauce has been fortunate at the way the refs have treated him this year.  In other years, he probably gets several more PI calls against him.  (And I'd be surprised if he got those breaks against JJ tomorrow.)

It's not really fair to compare Sauce to Revis in his prime though because Sauce is a rookie.  If you compared their rookie years, Sauce would be the winner.

Can I take a guess at your fandom, btw?  Eagles?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Hey Crusher:  Ask Twitchy what % of "back shoulder" throws would successful if the DB turned his head to the QB. Very little on post patterns. 

QB's throw it because they know which CB looks or not.

He wasn’t sure what percentage would be but he insisted if Sauce turned his head more he would lead the league in pass break ups! I didn’t have the heart to break it to him he already does. Haha Family and shit! 

6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I think it has to do with the league not calling the ticky tacky PI's like they did in past years... maybe they received some real heat after the Super Bowl... for almost the entire game the refs called a great game & they ruined it in the last 5 minutes.

You’re allowed to put your hands on a WR, feel where he’s moving.  You can’t move him, Sauce doesn’t. 
And he turns his head

• Upvote 1

You lose (said in jest) Revis was better. Sauce is damn good though.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

Hey welcome Swampfox another old-time Jets fan. The one thing that you don't take into account about playing the ball is the rules have drastically changed from when Revis Island was a tourist attraction to now. There was a thing back in those "old days" called face guarding, much to my shock and surprise they don't call that penalty any longer.