Home dogs to the LIONS?

heymangold

The big fail for this team coach Qb choosing wise is not the situation now it was going to Joe flacco instead of White when Wilson first got hurt.  Some of us were hollering about it at the time.  There was zero reason to go to a guy who we know his best days are done and he does not give us a much better chance to win than Mike White, who was younger, had shown some promise last year and we still did not know enough about.

They then come out after benching Wilson and praise the hell out of white as a guy who knows the offense and has been great in practice yada,....why was he not starting earlier in the year after the injury?  If White came in a lit it up in those games it is much easier to make a switch earlier after wilson got back.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The big fail for this team coach Qb choosing wise is not the situation now it was going to Joe flacco instead of White when Wilson first got hurt.  Some of us were hollering about it at the time.  There was zero reason to go to a guy who we know his best days are done and he does not give us a much better chance to win than Mike White, who was younger, had shown some promise last year and we still did not know enough about.

They then come out after benching Wilson and praise the hell out of white as a guy who knows the offense and has been great in practice yada,....why was he not starting earlier in the year after the injury?  If White came in a lit it up in those games it is much easier to make a switch earlier after wilson got back.

Yeah I think Saleh has been pretty good this year but that move was simply indefensible. 

If MW had gotten those early reps, these RZ struggles would not be a thing right now. And, really, ZW might have also never gotten his job back. That, right there, is likely the ultimate reason, IMO. Guys gravitate toward MW and they wouldn’t have been fine w/him getting sat down again to make way for Wilson. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Yeah I think Saleh has been pretty good this year but that move was simply indefensible. 

If MW had gotten those early reps, these RZ struggles would not be a thing right now. And, really, ZW might have also never gotten his job back. That, right there, is likely the ultimate reason, IMO. Guys gravitate toward MW and they wouldn’t have been fine w/him getting sat down again to make way for Wilson. 

Mike White is 27. No one wanted to hear about a 23 year old Zach Wilson needing time to develop so I certainly don't want to hear about Mike White not being good in Week 13 because he didn't get a chance to start earlier in the year.  What if Wilson was healthy to start the year, what would White's excuse be instead? 

He has a chance against arguably the worst Defense this weekend to show that he isn't just all grit and actually can be a quality NFL QB. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mike White is 27. No one wanted to hear about a 23 year old Zach Wilson needing time to develop so I certainly don't want to hear about Mike White not being good in Week 13 because he didn't get a chance to start earlier in the year.  What if Wilson was healthy to start the year, what would White's excuse be instead? 

He has a chance against arguably the worst Defense this weekend to show that he isn't just all grit and actually can be a quality NFL QB. 

Hating on MW won’t make ZW suddenly good or give him his job back

Saleh knows ZW sucks and values his head coaching job, and that’s all that really matters at this point 

The truth is MW has made more big-time throws in the last 3 games than Kapono has made in his career 

Kapono flees the pocket like a pu—y while MW stands in and delivers strikes 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There is no argument. He already beat up on the league's worst defense and there are defenses that are worse. The Lions are playing much better defense over the last six games, middle of the pack-y. 

This being said, I have a feeling the Jets are gonna win this game by 10+. 

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

There is no argument. He already beat up on the league's worst defense and there are defenses that are worse. The Lions are playing much better defense over the last six games, middle of the pack-y. 

I hope you're right about the score but Kirk cousins just put up 425 and 2 with 0 ints against them last week. That defense is still pretty horrible.

On 12/12/2022 at 4:05 PM, heymangold said:

I find this to be extremely ridiculous. Begin.

uh, maybe the bookies are looking at the fact that the jets are having trouble finishing off drives.  they've been in the red zone numerous times over the past two game an have little to show for it.

20 minutes ago, rangerous said:

uh, maybe the bookies are looking at the fact that the jets are having trouble finishing off drives.  they've been in the red zone numerous times over the past two game an have little to show for it.

Yep, we went from being the most dangerous team in the 4th quarter to a team that can’t acute TD’s and struggle getting off field in 3rd down. 

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hating on MW won’t make ZW suddenly good or give him his job back

Saleh knows ZW sucks and values his head coaching job, and that’s all that really matters at this point 

The truth is MW has made more big-time throws in the last 3 games than Kapono has made in his career 

Kapono flees the pocket like a pu—y while MW stands in and delivers strikes 

Mike White….Most “tight window throws” in the NFL over the last 3 weeks.  I think the parameter they use is a catch inside of a foot to the defender, I might be wrong, but it’s something really close to that.  Couple that with his standing tall in the pocket and will deliver the ball no matter how close the rush is.  The only things more you can ask is Accuracy, which he has, and how he reads the field, which he does like a computer.  In fact they say it’s sometimes a hindrance because he reads it too fast.  Not the worst problem to have.

Mike White is a STARTING QB in the NFL.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, DireJet said:

MW would literally die on a football field for the Jets and their fans. I’m stanning this guy till he’s off the team. He’s realer than real. 

Mike White knows that his opportunities are limited, if he gets injured and his replacement succeeds, he may never get an opportunity to start again in the NFL. That's why he would die on the field. It's a business decision, not because he loves the fans.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I feel like they lose by 10. I prefer you to be right here, 

15 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Mike White knows that his opportunities are limited, if he gets injured and his replacement succeeds, he may never get an opportunity to start again in the NFL. That's why he would die on the field. It's a business decision, not because he loves the fans.

Yes, that’s a cynical take. I prefer mine. LOL. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

The line flipped back to Jets as 1-point favorites.

If I had to guess, there was early action from the public on Detroit, and then balanced back by some sharps on the Jets?

The Jets should be a slight favorite. 

I also think there was an assumption Mike The White Knight would be out for game and he is now trending towards starting.

6 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The line flipped back to Jets as 1-point favorites.

If I had to guess, there was early action from the public on Detroit, and then balanced back by some sharps on the Jets?

The Jets should be a slight favorite. 

Damn 

was hoping to enter the game as underdogs. 

My initial lean was Jets, but the more I think about this game, the more worried I get about a SOJ type of loss. Big game for White, Saleh, and this regime.