This game seals it. It's Mike White moving forward

freestater

I'm relieved the ZW error is finally over. I knew within his first 4 games of his career last year he wasn't the answer and would never be as competent as Sam Darnold. I hate it took burning down our first chance at the playoffs in over a decade to let the front office realize it.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think he’s shell shocked.  He’s regressed, as hard as that is to imagine.  He’s scared to throw 

He’s never been good, Nut. We like to say “confidence” because it implies something that can be fixed in a weekend. He’s never seen the field well. This is a skills and instincts problem. He can be as confident as can be—there’s still a massive deficit of skill.

• Upvote 2

Honestly that is the silver lining to this. Like a bandaid being ripped off it may even have been necessary.

Zach can never see the field for any significant length of time again for this team. If he does then the staff will be displaying gross levels of favouritism.

Saleh can talk all he wants about Zach’s future - This level of play should see him out of the league. He’s irredeemable. We move on with White and/or whoever else we can bring in. Zach should not be a factor in any plans and preferably we’d get him off the roster.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

5 runs, 4 yards.  
0 pass protection

Inopportune penalties.

It’s not him tonight.

This is a bigger troll post than anything PatafanTX ever penned.

Read the room JN.  The "whole offense" with Wilson is completely anemic.  With literally anyone else even against the same opponent in the same game, it is not.   So maybe, just maybe the "whole offense" is bad because the QB has been playing some of the worst QB play ever seen on an NFL field. 

• Thumb Down 1

Hopefully Mike White can get cleared for these final 2 games. He needs to if he wants to show people he can be the QB next year. If he misses the rest of the season it's going to be hard for Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh to name him the start for next year. They'd probably have to go get a veteran just to be safe.

I think if Mike White comes back healthy and looks good, the Jets will consider rolling with him and maybe they'll bring in a Gardner Minshew type to compete with him and be a backup.

If Mike White doesn't play again this year, I think the Jets will go out and trade for Carr or sign Jimmy G. 

Regardless, I think the Jets should try and draft a guy like Hendon Hooker in the 2nd or 3rd round if he is still there and try and develop him for a few years before he sees playing time.

• Upvote 1

Mike White can start the next couple, whatever.

If we're honest, the season went down the pan once Hall and AVT did. At that point we became an average NFL roster (very good D/horrible O) with average/below average NFL coaching. That and we ran out of back-up Quarterbacks to play. 

We are what we are, a 7 or 8 win team. There are easily 9 or 10 teams in the AFC that are better than us. No shame in that. 

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s never been good, Nut. We like to say “confidence” because it implies something that can be fixed in a weekend. He’s never seen the field well. This is a skills and instincts problem. He can be as confident as can be—there’s still a massive deficit of skill.

i got killed on this board when i attacked Zach for throwing an INT in his first 5 preseason throws. i was told it was preseason and it doesnt mean anything.

but having a whole off season with TC and all those practices. meeting up with all your WRs to practice on your own. that is the biggest reset anyone can get and Zach came out of that with a INT in 5 passes.

if he cant fix his problems in this last off season he isnt going to fix them at all. he is not getting the attention of a QB 1 anymore.

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t agree that confidence can easily be rebuilt.  He has all the skills needed, his issues to me are in his head, causing everything else to go down in a ball of flames. 

24 minutes ago, EM31 said:

This is a bigger troll post than anything PatafanTX ever penned.

Read the room JN.  The "whole offense" with Wilson is completely anemic.  With literally anyone else even against the same opponent in the same game, it is not.   So maybe, just maybe the "whole offense" is bad because the QB has been playing some of the worst QB play ever seen on an NFL field. 

Sure it is.  
Im trolling, the offense played well.  
I would have thought by now you might have read more than one post.  
Guess not, something like this clarifying is trolling too. 

The QB played like shlt.  That’s the easy part.  The rest of the offense sucked and should be called out.  The RBs, the OL, MLF, all of them. Bam was what 7 carry’s for -2?    9 penalties was acceptable?  They all sucked

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you miss the part where I said “the QB”, the whole thing sucks?

You are 100% correct, but everyone will look past all the other problems because its easier to just blame the QB. The entire offense is a complete horror show. The line, the penalties, the playcalling and the QB. The running game is embarrassing, and that is supposed to be the staple of a Shannahan offense

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He had the same lazy footwork and garbage at BYU

Stop watching the pro day throw and read Ted Nguyen’s pre-draft analysis on ZW

What are you arguing about.  
The number of QBs who need to fix something in their mechanics are few and far between.  From Lawrence to Mahomes.  His mechanics are worse today.  I don’t need to read one of the very few that complained about him.

10 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You are 100% correct, but everyone will look past all the other problems because its easier to just blame the QB. The entire offense is a complete horror show. The line, the penalties, the playcalling and the QB. The running game is embarrassing, and that is supposed to be the staple of a Shannahan offense

Saying they all sucked isn’t taking blame away from the QB.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Honestly that is the silver lining to this. Like a bandaid being ripped off it may even have been necessary.

Zach can never see the field for any significant length of time again for this team. If he does then the staff will be displaying gross levels of favouritism.

Saleh can talk all he wants about Zach’s future - This level of play should see him out of the league. He’s irredeemable. We move on with White and/or whoever else we can bring in. Zach should not be a factor in any plans and preferably we’d get him off the roster.

This.  It’s apparent this is a plug and play qb situation with this roster, and hopefully another productive offseason.  It will definitely be an attractive destination for veteran qbs as the rest of the roster is ready to compete.  I would be surprised at this point, if wilson is on the roster come august.  It will likely be white and another veteran competing in camp, and maybe a draft pick who is groomed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

The worst thing you can be is non-competitive. It's like putting a child or my grandmother back there. Just absolutely zero chance of success.