What happens if he does it?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno man, he ended up being right about Berrios!

So we should expect to get embarrassed the next two weeks, Mike white play terrible only to have him start the season slow then just dominate last half of next season with us making playoffs if we think his prediction will take same course as the last

54 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Wilson die hards — who claim to be Jet fans — are for some reason terrified that MW might actually be good.

Time will tell what he is, but:

1) the early returns have been encouraging 

2) he’s clearly the most efficient QB on the roster right now

3) we’ll never know unless he’s afforded the opportunity to sink or swim (i.e. more than 6 starts)

4) even if MW gets us in, there’s zero chance they don’t add another legit starting caliber option in the offseason to compete with him

5) the Jet organization has treated MW like a stepchild and that’s not going to change anytime soon 

I don’t see any real cause for agita amongst MW haters right now other than they can’t accept that: he’s better than ZW, and ZW is a JaMarcus scale bust

Don’t be too hard on them. Rooting for this fecund franchise does strange things to people. For 12 years being right on a messageboard has been the only pleasure possible; and now that has also been lost to them.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

If Mike White plays well and goes 1-1 in the last two games, and the Jets miss the playoffs, it's still good enough for other teams to want to make him an offer. 

If Mike wins the next two, makes the playoffs, win or lose, I predict he will be gone next year. A better opportunity, more money and the Jets are so dysfunctional and have really handled this situation poorly. 

Flacco couldn't start against the Lions but he's 2nd string against Seattle? That's a huge red flag. 

It's kind of similar to the way Bellicheat resigned as HCNYJ because of the mixed messages hiring Parcells as a GM. 

I don't like Wilson, his play on the field and the demeanor he shows in the public eye. That being said, this is not about him anymore. To continue to criticize is silly at this point. He got benched and he's done here. Regardless of how we got to this point we're here how. Move on and pray Mike White continues to be efficient and let's pray LaFleur gets creative when the Jets offense gets the ball in the redzone.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Wilson die hards — who claim to be Jet fans — are for some reason terrified that MW might actually be good.

3) we’ll never know unless he’s afforded the opportunity to sink or swim (i.e. more than 6 starts)

4) even if MW gets us in, there’s zero chance they don’t add another legit starting caliber option in the offseason to compete with him

5) the Jet organization has treated MW like a stepchild and that’s not going to change anytime soon 

I don’t see any real cause for agita amongst MW haters right now other than they can’t accept that: he’s better than ZW, and ZW is a JaMarcus scale bust

They made the decision to move on from Zach and leaked it to the press.  That seems final.  

Mike White or die this season. Until they can bring in another QB. No way you can roll with White as an uncontested QB1 with the injury history.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I mean what if Mike White wins the next two games and looks every bit what we wanted to see in Zach Wilson. Then goes into the playoffs and maybe even wins one?
Can you even imagine? It's been so long, then after the hot start, then the injuries. We are going to the playoffs.... then we are not going to the playoffs .... This season has been nuts.
Now we are days away from Mike white starting and the glorious hope we will all share for the next 4 quarters.
I mean of Mike does it man. God damn what if we really have a god damn QB. A legit NFL QB.
I am excited!!!
I'd be ecstatic if Mike White turns into a legit QB ... If his passing chart has at least 6 passes 20+ yards or more. If he is actually creating wins and not simply a passenger. If he could last longer than 4 games without injury.

Would be an amazing feeling.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

They made the decision to move on from Zach and leaked it to the press.  That seems final.  

Mike White or die this season. Until they can bring in another QB. No way you can roll with White as an uncontested QB1 with the injury history.  
Last I heard Saleh was keeping Zach .. has there been new news ??

I don't like Wilson, his play on the field and the demeanor he shows in the public eye. That being said, this is not about him anymore. To continue to criticize is silly at this point. He got benched and he's done here. Regardless of how we got to this point we're here how. Move on and pray Mike White continues to be efficient and let's pray LaFleur gets creative when the Jets offense gets the ball in the redzone.
Totally ... Let hope MW can score TDs.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Unless you bring in a solid backup and get a guy to groom. Then you could. 

The most Jetsy result would be MFW leading team the playoffs and a large halftime lead in the wildcard game and then getting injured on the first series of the third quarter after which the jets end up losing in OT where the opposing teams game winning drive is aided by a JFM roughing penalty and a 4th and inches off sides by CJ Mosely.

26 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Never forget.

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

MW would have had a lot more than 6 starts if he could stay in games.  MW has been treated very well by the NY Jets.  They are the only team in the NFL that gave him a roster spot.  Multiple times.

I don't hate MW any more than I hated Matt Robinson, Glen Foley, Babe Parilli, Dick Wood, Mike Taliaferro, Al Woodall, Bob Davis, Marty Domres, Pat Ryan, Jack Trudeau, Bubby Brister, Frank Reich, Ray Lucas or Rick Mirer.  I did kind of hate Neil O'Donnell but I think that's because Parcell's hated him so openly it was hard to like him.

Zach is done but hitching your wagon to Mike White?  After all the Zach bashing this seems like a victory lap with a bannana peel. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

In order for MW to succeed in the last 2 games, the OL must play much better. They can't let blitzes through like they did in the Bills game, and they need to run block like their lives depended on it. . Anyone watching tape knows how to ruin this start for him. However, The OL needs to step up with White in there or we'll be looking at Flacco.

• Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’d like to but I honestly can’t. This team is just Lucy pulling the ball before @Charlie Brown kicks it. 

Pretty much this. At this point I expect the HC, GM and QB to suck and need to be replaced at some point after giving me just a tiny bit of hope thinking they might of turned the corner. 

• Upvote 1

In order for MW to succeed in the last 2 games, the OL must play much better. They can't let blitzes through like they did in the Bills game, and they need to run block like their lives depended on it. . Anyone watching tape knows how to ruin this start for him. However, The OL needs to step up with White in there or we'll be looking at Flacco.
I completely agree ... Though I've been told the OL has an insignificant impact on a QBs performance ... Go figure.

• Haha 1