Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven [Sign Ups - Closed]

Nolder

As the game progressed, @Hal N of Provo noticed that @Barry McCockinner was trying to manipulate the game in his favor, while @jgb Johnny was constantly trying to stir up trouble.

@The Crusher was using his size to intimidate the other players, and @JiFields was using his sex appeal to get away with anything he wanted.

@Nolder was always dozing off in the middle of the game, and JF80 was too worried about losing his virginity to really focus on the game.

@Lurker89 was constantly trying to stir up chaos, while @jvill 51 kept passing notes to everyone.

@Verbal was just trying to make it through the game without being noticed, and @Beaver was always looking for a fight. @Arsis was playing the part of the pretend homosexual, and @Pac was just being creepy.

@Greenseed4 Greenpeen was the one who kept everyone laughing, even in the middle of the game.

The game went on for hours and eventually, the Mafia had won. Everyone celebrated their victory and Hal was relieved that the game had gone smoothly. He was proud of his group of friends and the way they had all come together to play the game. In the end, it was all worth it.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As the game progressed, @Hal N of Provo noticed that @Barry McCockinner was trying to manipulate the game in his favor, while @jgb Johnny was constantly trying to stir up trouble.

@The Crusher was using his size to intimidate the other players, and @JiFields was using his sex appeal to get away with anything he wanted.

@Nolder was always dozing off in the middle of the game, and JF80 was too worried about losing his virginity to really focus on the game.

@Lurker89 was constantly trying to stir up chaos, while @jvill 51 kept passing notes to everyone.

@Verbal was just trying to make it through the game without being noticed, and @Beaver was always looking for a fight. @Arsis was playing the part of the pretend homosexual, and @Pac was just being creepy.

@Greenseed4 Greenpeen was the one who kept everyone laughing, even in the middle of the game.

The game went on for hours and eventually, the Mafia had won. Everyone celebrated their victory and Hal was relieved that the game had gone smoothly. He was proud of his group of friends and the way they had all come together to play the game. In the end, it was all worth it.

I'm glad it was worth it.

• Haha 1

Prompt:  Tell a story about the Ape @Integrity28, who was flinging feces everywhere, and angry @Smashmouth who fought with him, while the Mafia game went on without them.

Once upon a time, there was a small city that was home to a unique group of people. In this city, there lived an ape who was fond of flinging feces everywhere.

This caused a great deal of disruption and chaos, and the citizens of the city were fed up. One day, a brave soul named Smash decided to take a stand against the ape. He gathered a group of his friends and they set out to confront the ape and put an end to its antics.

Smash and his friends were quickly outnumbered by the ape's horde of cronies, but Smash was undeterred. He charged forward and attacked the ape with a fierce determination. The battle was long and arduous, but eventually, Smash and his friends managed to overpower the ape and drive it away.

Meanwhile, in the background, a game of mafia was going on uninterrupted. The players were so focused on the game that they didn't even notice the battle that was taking place. When it was all over, Smash had emerged victorious. He had managed to protect the citizens of the city from the ape and its antics, and the mafia game went on without interruption.

Smash had done something truly heroic that day, and the citizens of the city would forever remember him as a hero.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Alright then I’m in for 50 on the charity bet against your 25.    I almost paid earlier this year - but if they switch out the OC I’ll wait lol. 

I admire your chutzpah but it will not save you from the horrors to come.

00519A54-9364-4789-9A97-892028CF55F4.gif.96dc8c25a9a77d8018e200ff439884f0.gif

And if we are on the same team, I will sell you out just to watch you go down!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you both end up on the scum team, you are describing something called "Bussing" which is actually a popular and useful tactic when done properly, lol.

Drat. I have withdrawn my patent claim from the USPTO.

• Haha 1

I am going to officially close sign ups in ~3hrs10mins. Anyone who isn't on the list at that time, whether they posted in the thread or were mentioned or whatever, is not in the game. If you've been overlooked please post again otherwise you'll have to go on the replacement list. I need to know exactly what I'm working with to get this game ready for...hopefully tomorrow. Maybe late tonight depending on how things play out.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

NWS_BEAR.gif

I appreciate the effort but this koala kind of looks like sh*t lol. I'll find another one. I have another mission for you (or someone).

I really do need someone to copy/paste me a good set of rules so the newbies know what to do. 

I am too used to just saying "follow the usual rules" you know? They need to know things like not to post screen shots of their role PM and stuff like that.

Dang.  First game in almost 2 years and we've got 15 players + 1 sub?  Nicely done @Nolder.

I wish I could take credit but I think it's a perfect storm of interest and a good theme.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

30252DCB-A630-4109-928C-1C0DDBE0B804.thumb.jpeg.ee47d7d73006d04526f34b6617efad1b.jpeg

Wtf did I just read?

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

All In Crypto GIF

You're in!

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

After Nolder, I'm gonna mod a game with scenes told entirely via Open AI.  

Genius

• Haha 1

Its pretend except for crusher. I'd hit that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

I appreciate the effort but this koala kind of looks like sh*t lol. I'll find another one. I have another mission for you (or someone).

I really do need someone to copy/paste me a good set of rules so the newbies know what to do. 

I am too used to just saying "follow the usual rules" you know? They need to know things like not to post screen shots of their role PM and stuff like that.

Would these work Nolder?  I created them for the TMNT game I ran - Specifically with new players in mind. Modify as needed:

Rules

1.       DO NOT REVEAL YOUR CHARACTER AT ANY TIME.  IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHAT THIS MEANS PLEASE ASK IN YOUR PM.  You may reveal your role at any time.  Mass reveals are discouraged.  

2.       NO OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION IS ALLOWED.  You can only speak to one  another on the game thread or in a QuickTopic if you’re provided one.  

3.       When voting a player, you must post this in bold type.  For instance:  Vote Jetsfan80.  You may change your vote at any time during the day period.  To change your vote, make sure you UNVOTE.  For instance:  Unvote vote Verbal.  

4.       Each day, you will vote to lynch (remove from the game) one player.  If you are TOWN, You are looking to find SCUM (aka Mafia).  If you are SCUM you are looking to avoid getting lynched.  Majority vote rules.  I.E. if 11 players are alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.  I will be very liberal about setting deadlines to lynch, since we have new players.  If/when I do set deadlines, we’ll go with HYBRID HAMMER (I.E. highest vote-getter at the time will be lynched.  If there is a tie in votes, I will select by random.org).  

5.       At night, the SCUM team will select a player to kill (remove from the game).  You will make these decisions with your teammates in your QUICKTOPIC (check your PM).  DO NOT reveal to the game that you are scum or have access to a QUICKTOPIC.  

6.       Each night, those of you with actions to perform (check your PM) will have 24 hours to submit your night actions, with the clock stopping on weekends (Friday, 5 PM EST).  If you are unsure if you have any night actions, communicate with me in your role PM.  

7.       The rest you’ll figure out as you go.  Ask lots of questions.  Whatever you do, don’t go off and do something dumb, like get yourself killed.  

8.       Lob lots of insults.  Especially at @JiF, @CTM, and @Verbal

14.  GFY

Addendum:

Note to newbies: Non-players are allowed to post in the game thread, but only if making jokes. They can't--and won't--comment on actual gameplay. Early game is more relaxed, and you'll see less of this as the game goes on. The same can be said of dead players. You can still be present and joke after you're dead, but you should avoid commenting on gameplay. 

Something we we're also discussing in last game is that once you are dead, you should even refrain from upvoting (or downvoting) posts, UNLESS it is purely reacting to a joke. For example, don't upvote someone's reads list that you agree with. Again, as with non-players, the more the game ramps up, the less dead players will be joking around in thread. It's not forbidden, per say, but just "read the room" before you do so, and doing it too much may be distracting.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Btw I’ve already decided on the theme for my Open AI game:   A @CTM search party.  

Someone else needs to run a Yellowstone game at some point.  

Those both sound like great ideas tbh. You are on fire lately lol.

• Haha 1