Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

maybe I’m missing it, where did Beaver unvote?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He unvoted and voted Nolder, lol

6 hours ago, Beaver said:

Just exited the thread and saw this.  I found the jinx responsible for the Jets season.

Unvote Pac

Vote Nolder

Nolder.JPG

• Upvote 1

Make no mistake:  I'm not advocating voting off a new player right away.  I like the unwritten policy we have, and I probably won't be voting jgb or lurker any time soon barring a scum confession or an investigation result. 

But flat-out assuming a new player is town just because they're new is a gross hypothesis for the reasons I noted.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Make no mistake:  I'm not advocating voting off a new player right away.  I like the unwritten policy we have, and I probably won't be voting jgb or lurker any time soon barring a scum confession or an investigation result. 

But flat-out assuming a new player is town just because they're new is a gross hypothesis for the reasons I noted.  

I'm over here putting the gun in Dents hand like: 

the joker GIF by hoppip

Unvote Vote Lurker89 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I confess to being scum.

Oh, you mean in the game. I'm a townie, then.

• Haha 4

Unofficial Vote Count

Pac (3) - jvill, Pac, Barry

Lurker (1) - Lurker

80 (1) - Greenseed

Greenseed (1) - 80

jgb (1) - jgb

JiF (1) - Arsis

Hal (1) - Crusher

Jvill (1) - Stark

Crusher (1) - Smash

Not Voting (5) - Ape, JiF, Hal, Beaver, Verbal

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

There is no deadline at this time.

Votecount
Pac - Beaver, jvill, Pac, Barry (4)
Crusher - Smash (1)
Hal - Crusher (1)
Jvill - Stark (1)
Jif -Arsis (1)
Greenseed - 80 (1)
80 - Greenseed (1)
Lurker - Lurker (1)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
There is no deadline at this time.

• More Ugh 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It wouldn't be throwing lambs to slaughter by putting one on a scum team.  We rarely vote off brand new players early on in games, as an unwritten policy.  If anything, its an advantage to be a new player being placed on the scum team in the first game.  As a townie, new players tend to feel really lost in that first game and are just kinda thrown into the fire.  As scum you can hide in plain sight.

Again, I'm pretty sure Nolder randomizes alignments anyways so this is moot and gross mod-gaming on your part.  My vote stays.

Not him. You. 
You are suggesting they aren’t town when I’m suggesting they are.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Decent chance scum might be a little scared to participate given all the traps Nolder has set up.  Lynching from the lower activity end of the pool, if all else fails, will probably end up a decent play.  

I’ve been waffling back and forth on whether I like or hate this observation. On the surface it makes sense for scum to avoid the traps, and I let it go for a bit to see if anyone spiked in activity in response (maybe the newer players did? Nothing stands out on initial read through). But thinking about it some more, could just as easily see it as an attempt to box in town PRs by forcing them into Nolder’s traps or if they try to avoid them they risk getting run up as part of the low activity pool (which is already a low hanging fruit place to park a vote).

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I recruited jgb and lurker and they seem to be playing against their wishes.  I feel responsible for their development.  Especially since they both look like promising rookies, unlike Zach Wilson.  

Trying to distance yourself from me and my recruitment.  Zach’s not promising.  

It’s never been so clear.   

Zach is not only promising because he’s a sure fire hall of famer and I’m not mentioned out of awe and reverence.   Thanks 80.  This day could not go any better.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I’ve been waffling back and forth on whether I like or hate this observation. On the surface it makes sense for scum to avoid the traps, and I let it go for a bit to see if anyone spiked in activity in response (maybe the newer players did? Nothing stands out on initial read through). But thinking about it some more, could just as easily see it as an attempt to box in town PRs by forcing them into Nolder’s traps or if they try to avoid them they risk getting run up as part of the low activity pool (which is already a low hanging fruit place to park a vote).

this is a lucid, intelligent, and well thought out comment.

fart GIF

now lets lynch Pac

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I recruited jgb and lurker and they seem to be playing against their wishes.  I feel responsible for their development.  Especially since they both look like promising rookies, unlike Zach Wilson.  

Zachenberg, Zachenbombed 

tough for anyone to look that bad. so far @jgb at least feels light years above Z's ability.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Seems to me a trap might be more of a detriment to scum than town from what we’ve seen so far.  A deputy getting outed D1?  Eh, not a HUGE deal.  Scum role getting outed D1?  Far bigger deal.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

You unofficially missed Verbal's gross, opportunistic vote on Pac. 

And you officially missed the joke.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You missed that Verbal has no vote today.  

And this guy^ had to point it out, which makes it that much better.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seems to me a trap might be more of a detriment to scum than town from what we’ve seen so far.  A deputy getting outed D1?  Eh, not a HUGE deal.  Scum role getting outed D1?  Far bigger deal.

I think that’s probably fair, though very tough to say without knowing more about the setup, roles, or the traps themselves

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I believe I have deduced one scum player. More to come.

@Jetsfan80 is scum.

The evidence:

-He has been active all day in the thread. I set a trap for him. Of the very few of my posts he did not react or respond to were the three where I insinuate or directly suggest he is scum. The odds of this being a coincidence are very low.

-He has — quite skillfully I must admit — created a voting bloc against @Pac without arousing suspicion that it’s the result of behind-the-scenes coordination.

-His attempts to sow doubt against the assertion that @Nolder would not make a new player a scum is classic deflection. I know that of the two new players — at least one, me — is not scum and for now I’m operating under the assumption that @Lurker is not, as well.

Therefore:

unvote jgb

vote JetsFan80

I invite my fellow townies to follow suit and kill a scum in round 1. Let’s grab an early advantage here and put the scum on their heels.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

@Jetsfan80 is scum.

The evidence:

-He has been active all day in the thread. Of the very few of my posts he did not react or respond to were the three where I insinuate or directly suggest he is scum. The odds of this being a coincidence are very low.

-He has — quite skillfully I must admit — created a voting block against @Pac without arousing suspicion that it’s the result of behind-the-scenes coordination.

-His attempts to sow doubt against the assertion that @Nolder would not make a new player a scum is classic deflection. I know that of the two new players — at least one, me — is not scum and for now I’m operating under the assumption that @Lurker is not, as well.

Therefore:

unvote jgb

vote JetsFan80

I invite my fellow townies to follow suit and kill a scum in round 1. Let’s grab an early advantage here and but the scum on their heels.

Too logical....

Unvote Vote JGB 

Unvote Vote Pac

(No change in vote for clarification)

?

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

@Jetsfan80 is scum.

The evidence:

-He has been active all day in the thread. I set a trap for him. Of the very few of my posts he did not react or respond to were the three where I insinuate or directly suggest he is scum. The odds of this being a coincidence are very low.

-He has — quite skillfully I must admit — created a voting block against @Pac without arousing suspicion that it’s the result of behind-the-scenes coordination.

Therefore:

unvote jgb

vote JetsFan80

I invite my fellow townies to follow suit and kill a scum in round 1. Let’s grab an early advantage here and put the scum on their heels.

This is a classic scum move by @jgbbut it also tracks.  Strong move.   Often the accuser or the accused is actually scum.    

It only makes sense to kill both @jgb and @Jetsfan80

But there is only so much rope in town…

VOTE 80

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

This is a classic scum move by @jgbbut it also tracks.  Strong move.   Often the accuser or the accused is actually scum.    

It only makes sense to kill both @jgb and @Jetsfan80

But there is only so much rope in town…

VOTE 80

Consider: as a new player, if I were scum, I’d be coordinating with the other scum and no way in hell they’d let me run the queen’s gambit on day one of my first game.

• Upvote 1