Mel Kiper Mock #1

JetsAddict

The guy has a great gig...  never right about any of the picks and has no experience in scouting yet saw the draft market potential and capitalized on it.  With all the new comers mock drafts he still gets the most clout. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, OMA said:

The guy has a great gig...  never right about any of the picks and has no experience in scouting yet saw the draft market potential and capitalized on it.  With all the new comers mock drafts he still gets the most clout. 

dude if the jets picked what he said over the years we would be in better shape so really how silly is he?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Kiper once said he'd retire if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a successful NFL QB.  Why is this man still spreading his filth?

He also said Allen was the #1 QB in 2018 and that the Jets should have drafted a non QB at #2 in 2021 and roll with Darnold. 

1 hour ago, OMA said:

Like Matthew Berry with Fantasy Football. He was the first guy who recognized it's potential and really has made a nice career for himself.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

A tackle is SUCH a bigger need than a WR at that spot.

Yea, I shouldn't shoehorn a specific position but frankly it's hard to argue any other direction there. By us needing a vet QB it kinda takes us out the market for all the FA OTs. There are actually a lot I like, just not sure if they shake free.

• Upvote 2

I’ve come to find that the myself and the majority of this board has about the same success rate at picking successful prospects as the Mel Kipers and Todd McShay’s of the world.

And given the collective IQ of myself and what’s on this board that’s not saying much about what ESPN sells as expert analysis.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’ve come to find that the myself and the majority of this board has about the same success rate at picking successful prospects as the Mel Kipers and Todd McShay’s of the world.

And given the collective IQ of myself and what’s on this board that’s not saying much about what ESPN sells as expert analysis.

Here’s the thing. You’re probably right. The average well-informed fan probably has a better success rate on the 5 or so prospects they feel most strongly about and bang the table for (or against) on messageboards or Twitter. The Kipers and McShays have to take a stand on almost every draftable prospect, regardless of the strength of their belief. If you asked Kiper for his 5 most confident calls, they would demolish those of fans.

Also, a mock draft isn’t intended to predict the future of those players — rather it’s an attempt to predict where teams will draft those players. Mock drafts are based more on scuttlebutt from sources than hardcore player evals.

• 3 weeks later...