Beningo With Saleh

1 minute ago, Edgy said:

I'm certain that Robert Saleh, who picked an incredibly competitive profession when he could have stayed a successful financial analyst, and rose through the ranks to take over one of 32 of the most sought after jobs in the world......

..... needs career advice from you.

Im not giving him advice, as is my right as a fan, I'm stating that he is not a good HC and nothing he said changed my view.  Kotite and Bowles  also fit your description.  I assume you support them too?

Im not giving him advice, as is my right as a fan, I'm stating that he is not a good HC and nothing he said changed my view.  Kotite and Bowles  also fit your description.  I assume you support them too?
Jury is STILL out for me ... We don't see behind the curtain ... I agree that so far he seems to run a cupcake camp and his entire team has not looked prepared on more than one occasion.

I'm hoping it's growing pains... We will see.

The sayings/quips though ... They are tiresome

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

LOL.  Not at all.

What I'm saying is that you, me, and everyone else on this board has no freaking clue about what it takes to be successful at that level of coaching.   Your interpretation of what is good and bad in his personal life, well that's just silly.

11 minutes ago, Edgy said:

LOL.  Not at all.

What I'm saying is that you, me, and everyone else on this board has no freaking clue about what it takes to be successful at that level of coaching.   Your interpretation of what is good and bad in his personal life, well that's just silly.

Maybe... but what I have noticed about those that aren't successful, they don't want to be measured.   In the NFL, it's wins and losses.   

20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Jury is STILL out for me ... We don't see behind the curtain ... I agree that so far he seems to run a cupcake camp and his entire team has not looked prepared on more than one occasion.

I'm hoping it's growing pains... We will see.

The sayings/quips though ... They are tiresome

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I'll give him props.. he benched Zach and didn't let him dress. THAT is HC stuff.  So yes, I hold out hope too.  He clearly isn't stupid. In fact, he sounds smart. 

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I'll give him props.. he benched Zach and didn't let him dress. THAT is HC stuff.  So yes, I hold out hope too.  He clearly isn't stupid. In fact, he sounds smart. 

Not sure about intelligence .. but he has read a bunch of self help books and seems a incredibly patient.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

It's OK if we disagree.  Success has a price and Saleh , from what I can see, isn't paying it. He is outcoached week in, week out. His record is terrible.  I get what you are saying, BB has a boat etc. We all need down time.  He is amongst the bottom 5 HC's in the league, SF didn't miss a beat after he left and he makes many poor decisions on the field. 

Trust me I wouldn’t have cried if we had brought in Sean Payton….

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Saleh has failed miserably at the OC/QB position, little else matters. His new hire of Hackett is not much better. Its only a matter of time until we need to find a new coach, I would have done it this year

Hey Now....  he is a reasonably balanced man, that gets to play a lot of golf.  Take it easy on him.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Maybe... but what I have noticed about those that aren't successful, they don't want to be measured.   In the NFL, it's wins and losses.   

Fair comment. Let’s see what happens when we have an average to above average QB and not a dumpster fire there. 

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Saleh sounds like a great guy, terrific neighbor, husband and dad.  I can't imagine any great coach sounding like he did.

You hear stories of Parcells, Bellicek etc sleeping in the office. Saleh is of the generation of he wants balance. 

Just not impressed with him professionally. Personally, he's a 10. 

He gets outcoached for a reason. He golfs 9 holes evetyday?  Im a CPA and I don't have that time.

No he does not golf 9 holes everyday. Listen again 

Ummm no one is talking about what was said in the interview!

First, Saleh basically admitted that the Jets are in the catsbird's position only to get Rogers or Carr!

Second, because Carr hasn't signed yet he wants the Jets and the Jets, in fact, have been honest with Carr.

Wooooweee :) 

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It's OK if we disagree.  Success has a price and Saleh , from what I can see, isn't paying it. He is outcoached week in, week out. His record is terrible.  I get what you are saying, BB has a boat etc. We all need down time.  He is amongst the bottom 5 HC's in the league, SF didn't miss a beat after he left and he makes many poor decisions on the field. 

He is a defensive oriented head coach that had one of the top defenses all year.    
He also had a 7-4 record, a top ten offense until Hall and AVT got hurt and Zac couldnt carry the team.

Not sure where you are getting the weekly out coached narrative, but its silly.   He made mistakes as he admits ( and who hasnt?) but you hope he learns and continues to improve.   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

He is a defensive oriented head coach that had one of the top defenses all year.    
He also had a 7-4 record, a top ten offense until Hall and AVT got hurt and Zac couldnt carry the team.

Not sure where you are getting the weekly out coached narrative, but its silly.   He made mistakes as he admits ( and who hasnt?) but you hope he learns and continues to improve.   

I can live with that.  

8 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

I must admit, that was a solid listen.  He asked some real questions and didnt hold back.  I loved when he was telling Saleh what is and isnt acceptable.  lol  Saleh handled it like a champ.  I like Saleh and do think he's the CEO type HC you need to succeed in the league these days.

That said, he's got a lot of growing to do still.  I really hate how much he blames losing AVT and Hall for their collapse.  It's such a weak cop out from taking accountability.  OL/RB, are 2 of the most often injured positions in the league, it should not be the death kneel to your season if you lose 1 guard and 1 RB.  

Great point on the injury blame game. It's cheesy at this point that they keep bringing it up

• Upvote 1

Really glad you guys enjoyed the interview as much as I did! Saleh had to have known (or been warned by media personnel that this was not going to be an easy interview). Joe is well known in that organization for being extremely outspoken and critical of the organization for top to bottom. Also, it's not exactly like Joe Beningo's podcast and a major media outlet. The Jets have no appearance contact with Beningo, as far as I know. Saleh could have easily passed on that interview and not only did he man up and do the interview (which I appreciate) he took on some pretty rough and valid questions from Joe and with an honesty I really appreciated. He didn't deflect, he owned his mistakes and was open about things he clearly did wrong while also having his players back when they deserve it. I had a lot of respect for him after listening to that interview. 

Joe told him he thinks he's too soft on his players. Saleh said (again paraphrasing) we keep our family issues in house. These guys put their bodies on the line in and I will always have their back with the media and the blame starts with me, I'm the coach. Specific team issues we keep in house, that's not going to be aired out at a press conference... I respect the hell out of that. I really like Saleh and hope to hell he's the guy for the job. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, MichaelScott said:

Really glad you guys enjoyed the interview as much as I did! Saleh had to have known (or been warned by media personnel that this was not going to be an easy interview). Joe is well known in that organization for being extremely outspoken and critical of the organization for top to bottom. Also, it's not exactly like Joe Beningo's podcast and a major media outlet. The Jets have no appearance contact with Beningo, as far as I know. Saleh could have easily passed on that interview and not only did he man up and do the interview (which I appreciate) he took on some pretty rough and valid questions from Joe and with an honesty I really appreciated. He didn't deflect, he owned his mistakes and was open about things he clearly did wrong while also having his players back when they deserve it. I had a lot of respect for him after listening to that interview. 

Joe told him he thinks he's too soft on his players. Saleh said (again paraphrasing) we keep our family issues in house. These guys put their bodies on the line in and I will always have their back with the media and the blame starts with me, I'm the coach. Specific team issues we keep in house, that's not going to be aired out at a press conference... I respect the hell out of that. I really like Saleh and hope to hell he's the guy for the job. 

Btw, the whole "I've learned my lesson, I'm not giving and predictions on Hall and AVT" had me laughing. Good for him. I can appreciate a man that learns from his mistakes and can joke about himself rather than getting defensive and doubling down on his mess ups. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Stark said:

Ha. Pretty ridiculous comment. 
maybe he’s a 6am golfer. Doesn’t take 3 hours to golf 9 holes and not at his scoring level. 

Find something else to complain about 

He just wanted to tell us he owns a business

19 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

That was the weakest thing he did.   One of the many reasons he’s not a good HC.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That was the weakest thing he did.   One of the many reasons he’s not a good HC.  

I agree that it would have been more suitable to stuff him into a catapult and blast him into the Hudson but that would have likely violated some workplace regulations.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He definitely mishandled Zach, but that was from day one and it’s unclear whose plan that really was. It felt like he let the locker room decide to bench Zach and keep him benched, especially going into the Seattle must-win when Mike White was clearly injured. They also did a disservice to White by hiding the extent of the ribs injury. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/4/2023 at 9:11 AM, JiF4Lamar said:

I must admit, that was a solid listen.  He asked some real questions and didnt hold back.  I loved when he was telling Saleh what is and isnt acceptable.  lol  Saleh handled it like a champ.  I like Saleh and do think he's the CEO type HC you need to succeed in the league these days.

That said, he's got a lot of growing to do still.  I really hate how much he blames losing AVT and Hall for their collapse.  It's such a weak cop out from taking accountability.  OL/RB, are 2 of the most often injured positions in the league, it should not be the death kneel to your season if you lose 1 guard and 1 RB.  

Depends on the team and QB. What was Tennesse when Henry got hurt, look at the Giants difference with and without Saquon, unless you have an elite QB to make up for it it does matter big time!.

The best interview Saleh has done here.

He’s much more relaxed, natural in that kind of setting.  He’s too stiff, too measured with the a “prepared statements” type of feel in the pressers.

Great job by Beningo not holding back.

Was funny when Saleh was joking “it’s over!” when Joe was talking about the JFM-nullified Jet pick-6 vs NE.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He definitely mishandled Zach, but that was from day one and it’s unclear whose plan that really was. It felt like he let the locker room decide to bench Zach and keep him benched, especially going into the Seattle must-win when Mike White was clearly injured. They also did a disservice to White by hiding the extent of the ribs injury. 

If that's true... that's terrible.