Will Rodgers Wear 12?

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I understand Joe Namath has stated he would un-retire his number for Rodgers....

I think that would be a duechy move though.  He should show enough respect to not take him up on it.

Are you joking? Aaron is so full of himself he'd probably want his jersey to read "12A".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Are you joking? Aaron is so full of himself he'd probably want his jersey to read "12A".

We'll see.  For now I'm going to give him enough credit that he won't wear 12.

Full of himself or not - most of these guys really do have respect for the game and people like Namath help build this league into what it is. 

Honestly, I would be surprised if he does.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I understand Joe Namath has stated he would un-retire his number for Rodgers....

I think that would be a duechy move though.  He should show enough respect to not take him up on it.

24 maybe?

I remember mahommes counting out where he was drafted on a prime time game.

rodgers seems to have that fu attitude so I could see him doing it.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We'll see.  For now I'm going to give him enough credit that he won't wear 12.

Full of himself or not - most of these guys really do have respect for the game and people like Namath help build this league into what it is. 

Honestly, I would be surprised if he does.

I don't know, man. He hasn't ever shown being a better person that deserves the benefit of the doubt. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

You're touching the money too soon. It's a mush move.

Jinx Schminx :-)

I'm telling you, like it or not, Aaron Rodgers is coming.

It's Kinda surreal to think about - but a top five D,  weapons on O all over the place - and one of the best QB's of all time!

Let's go!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Except he's right. It's a number. Who gives a f*ck?

Well actually that's not what I was pointing to in his post.

He said I'm looking for things to be offended about.  It's simply not the case. 

I think it's an interesting discussion for a Jet Fan board.  Apparently so do a more than a few people that have responded.

His opinion, like yours, is that it's not worthy of a discussion and that's a fair opinion.  

But I'll ask, why retire any number? It's just a number after all.  

Based on your post, I assume you think retiring numbers is pointless.   Again I think that's a fair opinion.  I don't agree, I happen to believe history and reverence is important to a fan base.

16 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Joe is the greatest player in the history of This woebegone franchise his  number is retired for a reason and should remain that way 

Tell me how many SBs the Jets have won with #12 retired as opposed to not retired