Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Can always count on Brandon Marshall. I am pretty sure, even if it’s a done deal, that Aaron cannot announce it, just like the Jets cannot announce it, until the 15th. Rappaport or Schefter can say it’s happening, but we all know what Rodgers thinks about those guys, so they aren’t gonna get the scoop. This is fun. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Can always count on Brandon Marshall. I am pretty sure, even if it’s a done deal, that Aaron cannot announce it, just like the Jets cannot announce it, until the 15th. Rappaport or Schefter can say it’s happening, but we all know what Rodgers thinks about those guys, so they aren’t gonna get the scoop. This is fun. 

He can announce his intentions any time he likes. Just can't be made official until new league year.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

He can announce his intentions any time he likes. Just can't be made official until new league year.

What player, in the history of sports, has announced a trade to another team, before the trade was announced by the team or the trade  was “official”. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

What player, in the history of sports, has announced a trade to another team, before the trade was announced by the team or the trade  was “official”. 

How many players, in the history of sports, behave the way Aaron Rodgers does?

He basically told all of the insiders to STFU a few weeks ago when they tried to tell us what he was up to.

He may announce it.  He may not.  But if he wants to go on McAfee and say "I want to play another season and it's time for a change of scenery", he can do that.

• WTF? 1

48 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hoping our JN experts get on this ASAP to validate.  I find it difficult to swallow that the holdup is cash related. But what do I know?

The Jets don't have to have that money in cap space, just cash. And they don't have to have it in cash till they actually pick up the option, which doesn't have to happen till Week 1. That $58 million doesn't hit the cap til it is triggered. 

5 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

He might want to go to a NFC team not the Jets  and all he has to do is refuse to play for the Jets and force the Packers to release him after June 1 then he can pick his own team. He still get his guaranteed money and will get a deal from the team of his choice 

Why would they release him and watch him go to an NFC team while paying him 60 million and getting nothing in return ?

they’re never going to release him

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Full video.  I’ll always have love for Brandon Marshall.

There is obviously a reason they can't or don't want to announce it... But it seems like it's been done since the trip to California... 

If you read between the lines... Sauce was trying to say it with deniability... By saying he will burn the cheese head when he becomes a Jet but for whatever reason they have all been told to keep it quiet... 

Packers GM said it.. Most have said it... To me this is either some game, media driven thing or money related reason. 

Whatever.... It's over i will just wait till it's announced... I just wonder what the other packages is coming bahktiari and maybe a LB? 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

To me this says that hes already made the decision and the decision is he is going to play for the Jets. If he was going to retire he would've said so already. Why the announcement is waiting?  Idk. Probably going to let the teams make the announcement. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Yeah just saw this. There is something happening he is keeping close to the vest. He is not retiring. He obviously knows the answer but cannot say. I think it happens tomorrow night. He’s a Jet but maybe only for one year. 

Exactly. If he was going to retire he would've made that announcement already. There must be some details being ironed out. Either contract restructuring and/or other players being part of the deal

• Upvote 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

The sad truth is he is an all time jet. That's how anemic our history is...that a guy that was here for 2 years is all-time

Still nice to see a guy that was only here two years refer to himself as a Jet and not just a Bear.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

None of this stuff is an accident or coincidence.  I feel more confident after that Marshall interview than I have all week.  Rodgers seems to pride himself on keeping the Schefters and Rapports of the world in the dark but this was his way of telling us Jets fans to relax.

Yea, the Marshall interview made it obvious he’s  coming 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Or he knows and isn't in a rush to let you know because he's aaron rodgers and likes to do things when he is ready..

Lol at thinking Rodgers is home in his bed at night tossing and turning over this decision.  He's just waiting for the right moment.  

Some of you are acting like the season starts Sunday and we need a decision asap.

no the season starts Monday. unless you want to watch other QBs get signed and Zach is our starter next year we need to know now.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Why would they release him and watch him go to an NFC team while paying him 60 million and getting nothing in return ?

they’re never going to release him

true. if he doesnt want to come here them open up to trade him to the NFC. who cares if they have to play against him to win a SB. 

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We don’t want him here if he’s not all in. Which as time goes on seems more likely. He wasn’t all in last yr, skipping lot  of season workouts, not making things work with receivers. That is main reason why GB wants to move on from him. 

I think he wants to play, and not give up over 100 million. I think it’s clear he would rather stay where he played his entire career. Not like he is out there demanding a trade. If I’m the jets I’d be all in on jimmy G if by Monday Aaron can’t make up his mind.  If raiders go qb in draft, jimmy G has limited places he can go to. 

i think the Raiders go with Jimmy and draft a QB. give Jimmy 2 years and let the kid sit and watch. 

• Upvote 1