Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

20 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i don't think he is f*cking with us. there are either a couple details to work out between the teams and possibly contract restructuring details and/or he is going to let the team(s) announce the deal

All that plus maybe some other player package that is getting finalized

• Upvote 2

Also this kind of deal is going to need to be scrutinized by the bean counters to make sure everything is in order prior to submission which could also hold things up...  Neither Packers nor Jets (nor Rodgers) appears to be nervous which tells me it's done.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If they just restructured Bakhtiari then he's staying in Green Bay.

They're not paying him a new signing bonus in March only to then trade him. A trade will not happen before or after June 1st.

They may be looking to start a reset at QB but when he's on the field Bakhtiari is still a top LT. They're going to want Love to play with him, not with a rookie or some other lesser replacement who clouds their judgment on how much better Love might be with a better LT protecting him.

It doesn't make him any easier/harder to trade him, seeing how a new team could simply offer Bakhtiari the same restructure upon the trade going through. They likely restructured him to help absorb the accelerated hit for Rodgers & little/nothing more. Pretty much expected, for all the people incorrectly claiming that it's impossible for the Packers to trade Rodgers before June 1st. 

They also restructured Aaron Jones, Jaire Alexander, Preston Smith, & Kenny Clark. Cumulatively that's enough to immediately absorb the $9MM net cap charge for trading Rodgers. It doesn't look like there's much opportunity left to restructure on their roster, so any additional cap clearance that creates more than a couple million in space would happen via outright cutting/trading under-contract players.

yeah that's most likely the scenario

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I had a new theory.  Maybe it’s the jets that are keeping this under wraps.  What if rodgers told the jets yes, and the jets are content to restructure contracts, etc., while keeping the whole league in the dark. They’re able to get all their FA targets ready without the nfl knowing if they have rodgers or not.  It’s to the jets’ advantage NOT to announce this until the latest possible time 

Isn't it to the Jets' advantage to attract FAs by showing off their new QB instead of a QB room that - until it's official - currently contains just Zach Wilson and Chris Streveler?

New FAs can - and likely will - be heavily backloaded contracts.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Isn't it to the Jets' advantage to attract FAs by showing off their new QB instead of a QB room that currently contains just Zach Wilson and Chris Streveler?

New FAs can - and likely will - be heavily backloaded contracts.

They can recruit on the down low, especially if rodgers is helping behind the scenes. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They can recruit on the down low, especially if rodgers is helping behind the scenes. 

I'm confused as to why it would be advantageous to recruit on the down low rather than the world knowing you have a quarterback that won 2 of the last 3 MVP's leading your team.   Help me out here please.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ptisme said:

I'm confused as to why it would be advantageous to recruit on the down low rather than the world knowing you have a quarterback that won 2 of the last 3 MVP's leading your team.   Help me out here please.

If only the jets know what they’re doing, they have an advantage.  If the entire league knows what they’re doing, they don’t.  It’s just another theory about why this hasn’t been announced.  It allows the jets to operate without everyone knowing their strategy.

10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I'm still not seeing the advantage. What is it they gain again, while also allowing the potential for a better team to have a change of heart & swoop in and blow GB away with a better offer.

You don't eff around with this -- seal the deal & then there's nothing in question, asking FAs (some of whom won't sign with the team) to be in on a secret that's being kept from the league?

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Long story short, there is no real reason this needs to wait for the 17th.

thanks for clearing that up.

and they can announce it at any time, and just say they need to wait for whatever date for it to be official because of the cap.

feels like Jet fans are making more excuses as to why this is going to happend but not now. next we will hear it needs to wait till June 1st and Rodgers and the Jets wont ANNOUCE it till then.. smh

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I wonder if he will demand we bring the cheerleaders back as part of the deal. ???1820271f66d3216885fdde62b54db079.gif

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, our cheerleaders weren't appealing anyway. No need to scrape the bottom of the stripper club barrel again. The kind of women where you grease the lens and use a soft focus. As opposed to say the Cowboys cheerleaders.

image.jpeg.fbb557d3a5848b4860fb6df8df1dfe04.jpeg  Our Team – Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Rodgers clearly understands the Jets can't go into the legal tampering period (Monday) without resolution.   I think something comes out today...

Why? If it's already a done deal... They just haven't announced it yet... What's the difference? They can still negotiate.... Plus then they can adjust contracts based on what will happen and they don't have to adjust the cap yet because it's not official... They have more flexibility in FA if he isn't officially traded yet

6 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Why? If it's already a done deal... They just haven't announced it yet... What's the difference? They can still negotiate.... Plus then they can adjust contracts based on what will happen and they don't have to adjust the cap yet because it's not official... They have more flexibility in FA if he isn't officially traded yet

Because the Jets would be at a disadvantage recruiting players in FA (for an all in super bowl run) if they don't have a competent quarterback at the helm.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I am as excited as anyone else, but I think y'all have some sort of JPTSD going on (the "J" stands for Jets).

As Jets fans, we are so used to anything that can go wrong, will go wrong... and at the worst possible moment, that most of us have become jaded.

If you put together all the puzzle pieces that have been fed to us, the picture comes into focus: Aaron Rodgers WILL be a Jet, but not until both he and the Jets are ready.

So take a chill pill and relax.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If only the jets know what they’re doing, they have an advantage.  If the entire league knows what they’re doing, they don’t.  It’s just another theory about why this hasn’t been announced.  It allows the jets to operate without everyone knowing their strategy.

I want Rodgers just as much as you, but that's a really bad take. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’ll never first that pass that was thrown about 5-6 yards behind him, DB caught it and Marshall slowed up ripped it out his hands trotting into the endzone. Dude was fun to watch. 

With the exception of one Mike White game, that offense with Marshall and Decker was the last one we've had that was worth watching.  And that was 8 years ago...  #Sad

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Because the Jets would be at a disadvantage recruiting players in FA (for an all in super bowl run) if they don't have a competent quarterback at the helm.

Just because they haven't announced it doesn't mean that they can't just tell FAs that he is coming but they are working through fa to get as many people under the cap as possible before the trade... 

I am going to admit, it is really, REALLY, I mean like REALLY tempting.....

.....to post a thread titled "It's Official!!!!!"

And just put some inane minutia news report (i.e. "The Fed decides to meet on such and such date", and now it's offical, great news for the economy", lol) in the body of the OP.

I truly think about 30% of the forum would have heart attacks on the very spot.

Lol, relax yall.  It's a Sunday in early March.  It's a looooooong offseason to go.  This can only string out so long, as we all know that.  So let the news come when it comes.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Just because they haven't announced it doesn't mean that they can't just tell FAs that he is coming but they are working through fa to get as many people under the cap as possible before the trade... 

if you were a FA would you pin ur career on something you were told or would you want something more tangible?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

You’re

Nothing better then the “you’re” police coming out.  Why is that the word everyone jumps on to correct someone?

We all know the difference btwn your and you’re.

How come no one ever corrects cant?  The “you’re” police is such a strange thing.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

Branch Covidians despise him because he didn’t run off the cliff with  them.

I am concerned the refs will job him in the playoffs, but let’s crash off that bridge when we get to it.

Branch Covidians … gettin’ political. 

2 minutes ago, ptisme said:

if you were a FA would you pin ur career on something you were told or would you want something more tangible?

OMG... You know that if they announced a trade today it still isn't official right??... How hard is it to understand that they have an agreement... They haven't announced it yet and they don't need to announce it... Doesn't mean that once it comes out in the media it's automatically official