Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Suspect since the compensation is done, the only thing left is for Rodgers to show up and have a press conference. If that doesn't happen this week, doubt it's ever going to happen. And then we're back in GrarpoloBotlesMinshewDalton nonsense with an extra helping of stories how Wilson is working hard with the CS and getting a great handle on the offense. Right....

20 hours ago, RJIII said:

Yes, arrogant! It's clear he loves football and playing the game. If love of the game was the sole factor he would be signed to a team already. You're watching an arrogant production at the moment. 

he's one of the best to ever play the game. who gives a sh*t if he is a little arrogant

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I can think of no better athlete to vouch for the welcoming arms of the New York metro area than Julius Randle. 

He would greatly benefit from an ayahuasca retreat. This should motivate Aaron Rogers to come here and help Julius find his inner peace. Another reason Knicks > Nets. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vader said:

All the kids at my sons (large) high school in Hell’s Kitchen are into the Nets. It’s like Larry Johnson, Allen Houston and Latrell Sprewell never existed. And now that Kyrie, KD, (he has both Kyries and KDs sneakers) and the Beard are gone, all they have left is emptiness. 

Is it still called Hell's Kitchen? Does that name reflect the rent rates? :-)

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Guys banks collapsing, the world is on the brink of WW3 and all we want to know is:

WHAT YA GUNNA DO AARON!!! 

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

It’d be ******* hysterical if Rodgers draws a parallel between the government bailing out a bunch of venture capitalists and him bailing out Big Pharma Woody Johnson and backs all the way out of the deal. ???

• Haha 2

Just my thoughts while I’m taking a sh*t: 

I’ve been on record saying he’s not coming here but we can’t let this guy string us around like this. Tampering period starts in 5 hours. This isn’t cool at all. He’s holding us up and needs to make a decision today. 

Lazard is one of those players that will never play up to his contract. I would totally stay away. 

****, and I mean **** Anthony Barr. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I’ve been on record saying he’s not coming here but we can’t let this guy string us around like this. Tampering period starts in 5 hours. This isn’t cool at all. He’s holding us up and needs to make a decision today. 

Lazard is one of those players that will never play up to his contract. I would totally stay away. 

This is why the smart move is a cheap stop gap at QB (Mike White), as a fall back option so we can let this play out and reserve the right to get Aaron for cheaper trade compensation if he delays things at a later date and not let it cripple the off-season.

The Jets shouldn’t be spending much on other free agents anyways and should just make a few smart moves while waiting to see if Aaron is even possible. Focus on a few small/smart signings and the draft. Don’t give up on Aaron but don’t put all your eggs in one basket. At least they tried. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’d be ******* hysterical if Rodgers draws a parallel between the government bailing out a bunch of venture capitalists and him bailing out Big Pharma Woody Johnson and backs all the way out of the deal. ???

LMFAOOO 

Bro I love you never leave, never change 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember, Biden cut J&J out of the COVID money pool and pushed the Phizer and Moderna “vaccines”. Those poor 3-8 year olds were deprived Woody’s prick!

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This is why the smart move is a cheap stop gap at QB (Mike White), as a fall back option so we can let this play out and reserve the right to get Aaron for cheaper trade compensation if he delays things at a later date and not let it cripple the off-season.

The Jets shouldn’t be spending much on other free agents anyways and should just make a few smart moves while waiting to see if Aaron is even possible. Focus on a few small/smart signings and the draft. Don’t give up on Aaron but don’t put all your eggs in one basket. At least they tried. 

I agree. I think White has proven himself that he can be a long term backup QB in this league. I think he’s going to get more on the open market. I can see him going to teams like the Jags or Chiefs. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hysterical if he had anything to do with J&J…

real knee slapper…

If anything Rodgers wants to link up with the RJW foundation and avoid some taxes with Woody

44 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Suspect since the compensation is done, the only thing left is for Rodgers to show up and have a press conference. If that doesn't happen this week, doubt it's ever going to happen. And then we're back in GrarpoloBotlesMinshewDalton nonsense with an extra helping of stories how Wilson is working hard with the CS and getting a great handle on the offense. Right....

Rodgers has taken the ayahuasca and initiated his journey through the ethereal plain. He shall announce his decision upon his return to our realm of existence.

So basically when he’s sober again 

7 hours ago, SR24 said:

I’ll still be pumped if we get him but it’s kinda ridiculous that we’re down to 12 hours before tampering and still don’t have an answer

Who says the Jets don’t have an answer and have a FA plan ready to go?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I agree. I think White has proven himself that he can be a long term backup QB in this league. I think he’s going to get more on the open market. I can see him going to teams like the Jags or Chiefs. 

The Jags just re-signed CJ Beathard February 24 to an extension, Chiefs maybe.

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Remember, Biden cut J&J out of the COVID money pool and pushed the Phizer and Moderna “vaccines”. Those poor 3-8 year olds were deprived Woody’s prick!

No. Not here.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I trust JD has multiple plans. GMs are used to this is in FA in general and the draft.

The thing that totally changes... is his pitch. What's the pitch to guys if we don't have AR? Zach Wilson at QB? We'd have to highly over pay for a guy to get them here with that pitch.

A pitch "if" AR announces before noon is rather easy. So need to dive into that.

To bring it to real life. Are you accepting a job that other companies are willing to pay you the same salary for if you had no clue who was running the company when taking that job? Or would you take the job that's the same pay but you know who's running the company and you like that person?

Going to be really hard to sell us to FAs with not knowing who's the QB.

39 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Is it still called Hell's Kitchen? Does that name reflect the rent rates? :-)

I don’t live there. But yeah it’s called Hell’s Kitchen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beacon_School

He commutes from Brooklyn. Kids in NY apply to high schools anywhere in the city. It’s near times Sq, Hudson Yards and Columbus circle so yeah the rents are high. But it’s basically midtown west. Rents are high everywhere in nyc.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TimeForLove said:

Same report for 6 days now. Need an actual decision. I was giving AR the benefit of the doubt being he was hosting a charity event Friday and Saturday. But there was no reason for him to not announce something yesterday (he was at the NYK vs LAL game). So now it's starting to get me anxious. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I was thinking that .. then I had this thought that the Jets and Aaron know what's up ... the Jets will operate during tampering as they were always planning to do ... and the team/aaron will press GB to lower their demands.

Psychedelic-mushrooms-psilocybin-min-1.j

Edited by Dunnie

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Max, Aaron Rodgers will, at some point today, be reading this board (if he hasn’t already). I would humbly submit that an uncensored @32EBoozer and @TuscanyTile2 could be the best recruiting tool we have. Maybe bring back Peace Frog. Land this plane, Max.

Preparing my rigged 2022 election post as we speak! Aaron’s going to love it!

If it doesn't happen today he's simply not coming.  I've been positive about this - almost sure Rodgers was coming.

I still think it happens today - but if it doesn't he's completely unserious about playing for the Jets (or anyone else) 

If I were the Jets today would be the deadline to start kicking the tires with other options.  You can still sign Rodgers but you have to see what else it out there.

Look at trading for Stafford, put in an offer for Lamar, See what Jimmy G wants...while you're working on those if Rodgers decided to join - great.  But don't wait for him anymore.  

Would be entirely irresponsible of the Jets.  FA starts today and the Jets and FA's have no real idea who the QB will be.  It's almost impossible to recruit like that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I was thinking that .. then I had this thought that the Jets and Aaron know what's up ... the Jets will operate during tampering as they were always planning to do ... and the team/aaron will press GB to lower their demands.

That’s a possibility, but JD would need to have balls of steel and a “wink-wink” handshake deal with Rodgers in place.

.Geelong Cats Flirt GIF by NAB

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Can't see FAs just buying into JDs "word" that we know Aaron wants to come here. They need facts. These are guys making decisions for their own future. They need more than we "think/hope" AR chooses us.

We're a hard sell to FAs with no QB. Unless we overpay a ton. Or just skip out until we hear something official that FAs can believe. 

• Upvote 1