Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Packers and Jets need to be placed by Goodell in a room and the Jets need to give the Packers their final best offer.   GB can open up to other teams and if there's no other interest take the Jets offer..   Time to move on already...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

carr wasn't coming here in my opinion.  he always was going to NO.

time isn't short, what is the rush?

We will agree to disagree on the 1st one.

As for the time issue.  For me I want to know who our QB is asap, I want him to be in the building, working on being ready for next year.  All we heard about last year re the packers bad start was rodgers not being familiar with his new wrs.

It is ideal if things get resolved earlier than later but not end of the world.  If things happen to not get resolved it is a total disaster.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The great ones typically do. Pat Mahommes post season play on the ankle was simply incredible. 

I gotta say .. that performance alone levelled him up in my eyes big time. That kid is a warrior to get shot up like that at half time.  Tough as nails.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We will agree to disagree on the 1st one.

As for the time issue.  For me I want to know who are QB is asap, I want him to be in the building, working on being ready for next year.  All we heard about last year re the packers bad start was rodgers not being familiar with his new wrs.

It is ideal if things get resolved earlier than later but not end of the world.  If things happen to not get resolved it is a total disaster.

I had been of the opinion Rodgers would be all in and come to voluntary OTA's to get rapport with these receivers.   He's very particular about check downs and receivers being where he wants them.   I was actually shocked the Packers had those rookies they were relying on and he skipped all the voluntary stuff.

Still amazing how Veach and Reid were able to pull off the jump from #27 all the way up to #10 for Mahomes.

Steal of the century.  #27, #91 and next year's 1st rounder is all it took. 

Veach can thank Macc, Beane, and the other stupid GMs in front of him for passing on Mahomes.

Veach basically made his career off this one scouting "W".

If Jet fans are willing to build a statue for JD, Veach should already be in the HOF:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/05/patrick-mahomes-andy-reid-brett-veach-scouting-nfl-draft

During this week's NFL combine, Reid mentioned that Veach, before being promoted to general manager, discovered Mahomes as a freshman at Texas Tech and raved about his potential to Reid and then-general manager John Dorsey.

“Brett was pushing us with this guy forever, he was wearing John and I out with this quarterback, from the time the kid was a freshman on up through,” Reid said. “So we had had tape, he’d lay tape on our desk, and we’d go through it and look at it and go, ‘Yeah, he’s good but he’s got another year or two left before he’s gonna be eligible to come out.’”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-bills-trade-that-landed-kansas-city-patrick-mahomes-paid-major-dividends-for-both-teams/

And the Bills didn't stop to think, hey Andy Reid knows QBs.  If they want this guy so bad, maybe there's a reason?

• Post of the Week 1

Packers and Jets need to be placed by Goodell in a room and the Jets need to give the Packers their final best offer.   GB can open up to other teams and if there's no other interest take the Jets offer..   Time to move on already...
If GB could open up to other teams they would have already, lol. Only the Jets want Rodgers.

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or when you're Jimmy G

Angry Chris Farley GIF

i never said Jimmy G was durable 

just that he offers the same injury risk as a 40 year old at half the price 

and no giving up draft picks 

either way, Arod or a hypothetical Jimmy G, we are probably going to see Zach again this year 

taking real reps at the worst possible time 

• Ugh 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No matter how many times you post this, it doesn't get any less dumb.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't missed a start since 2017, while Jimmy G has missed starts every year of his career with the lone exception of 2019. 

Yeah that didn't make sense..  Rodgers gets the ball out quick, his backups don't get much work.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Aaron Rodgers hasn't missed a start since 2017, while Jimmy G has missed starts every year of his career with the lone exception of 2019. 

3 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Yeah that didn't make sense..  Rodgers gets the ball out quick, his backups don't get much work.

Broken thumb, ribs, covid toe - life is catching up to Aaron Rodgers

Just because he hasn't missed a start since 2017 doesn't mean he's going to play forever

Vinny T, Favre, we've seen this movie before fellas 

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Just because he hasn't missed a start since 2017 doesn't mean he's going to play forever

He, and all starting QB's play through stuff every year...    Were you concerned 10 years ago about his age when he played through a broken collar bone or badly sprained ankle?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Cool, but none of this makes equating the relative injury risk of Rodgers to Jimmy G make any more sense. 

50 minutes ago, ptisme said:

what do you mean GB can open it up to other teams?  no one has stopped GB from talking with other teams.  rodgers is their player under contract.  they have the ability to trade him to any team they want.  now obviously a potential acquiring team would like to know basic stuff, like, would rodgers actually want to play for that team.

GB has had plenty of time to find alternative suitors for rodgers.  seems the jets are the only game in town.

so let's take your stance.  GB says give us your best offer and we will shop it.  joe d says i will give you a 2023 3rd rounder and a pair of used sneakers.  what's GB's next move???

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

For all those saying GB didn't move the goalposts. Followed by going out of his way to say Jets wouldn't negotiate in bad faith...

Not a good look... means that this isn't getting done till just before draft day.

Just now, Skeptable said:

Not a good look... means that this isn't getting done till just before draft day.

What’s bad about it? It’s only the fans that are impatient. JD is not going to be forced into a trade that doesn’t make sense for the team. We don’t have to rush. In fact, the longer this plays out, the more the Packers have to make a decision. We can wait. They have to trade one of their QBs. They don’t have a choice. Rodgers is not going back there. He would more likely retire and no one wins. He’s playing this totally correct for the future of our team. If giving up the 1st round pick was the hold up and we don’t end up giving up the pick and just standing our ground, this is brilliance by JD. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

What’s bad about it? It’s only the fans that are impatient. JD is not going to be forced into a trade that doesn’t make sense for the team. We don’t have to rush. In fact, the longer this plays out, the more the Packers have to make a decision. We can wait. They have to trade one of their QBs. They don’t have a choice. Rodgers is not going back there. He would more likely retire and no one wins. He’s playing this totally correct for the future of our team. If giving up the 1st round pick was the hold up and we don’t end up giving up the pick and just standing our ground, this is brilliance by JD. 

Nobody said it wasn't a good play.... I said its not a good look.... and its not.

Sure you can convince yourself 1 team has the advantage over the other but in reality they need each other and they need to trade in good faith. 

The fact that GB moved the goalposts means that they are pissed (for whatever reason) and now trading with emotions and not being rational.

This is never good. GB might test to see how far this goes. If it goes beyond 2023 draft then it will get even more nasty. And if it starts getting nasty they might just be spiteful and keep his contract and hope Rodgers retires. Maybe they play chicken with Rodgers... Who knows... Everyone is expecting GB to let up and give in... but GMs have made even worse decisions based on emotions. 

Jets are trying to do this without it getting nasty but there will be a point that it changes... Just saying.

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He was healthy enough to beat Rodgers two years in a row in the NFC championship game.  

• More Ugh 1