Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Same! I haven't used ignore for years and in just one page of Kelly to Jerkoff posts, they had to go on ignore. 

Now the entire thread is "You've chosen to ignore posts by Kelly to Jerkoff", which is almost as bad, tbh. ?

???? By all means, please keep contributing. 

Screenshot_20230416_185656_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy when you do it Bobby, but you literally do exactly that on a Packers forum though….

After them drilling the jets forum for weeks and I finally joined in. And oh yeah…. Haven’t responded to a GB fan or been on their forum for a bit now. Bc I was tired of BS. Guys on your forum…. Still legitimately think AR is going for GW and a 1st. SF has played this prefect and about to trade for him. And BB is about to make his move. There about 2 GB fans on that whole forum who are educated.

So I decided to take my talents elsewhere. Where there’s educates fans.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

After them drilling the jets forum for weeks and I finally joined in. And oh yeah…. Haven’t responded to a GB fan or been on their forum for a bit now. Bc I was tired of BS. Guys on your forum…. Still legitimately think AR is going for GW and a 1st. SF has played this prefect and about to trade for him. And BB is about to make his move. There about 2 GB fans on that whole forum who are educated.

So I decided to take my talents elsewhere. Where there’s educates fans.

disney classic GIF

Now, now, let’s get real. You’ve been on there non stop the past few weeks.

3 hours ago, ptisme said:

Why would the packers want the extra cap money for this year?

They're running low on cap space. They need to sign draft picks, UDFAs, reserve space for any players coming over in the Rodgers trade, any free agents they may want to sign, players they may need to pick up during the season due to injury. If Corey Davis is part of the trade as many anticipate, he comes with a $10.5mm cap hit by himself.

Trading Rodgers puts $40mm in dead money on GB's cap. Right now they barely have more than that in cap space (accounting for taking off what Rodgers would be paid if he plays for GB). If they don't break up the cap hit from the trade, GB will likely have to restructure contracts. Way easier to delay the Rodgers trade by a few months than spend all summer trying to restructure contracts to get guys signed. 

36 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No, I celebrated page 420, as opposed to the day of. If people can celebrate a date; I can celebrate a page number.

I know what you meant. I merely wanted to point out that if all circumstances were aligned we would have reached page 420 on 4/20.

49 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Like I care enough to go search. ?

You’re a mod there Bobby. You tell me….

So awhile ago. Your care to know. And go in another teams forum. Yet don’t care to look at that. Hmmmmm… I guess the trolling does end somewhere.

13 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

This is the dumbest statement I've read on this message board and that's saying a lot. 

You can't decide a QB is the future. Jets had decided sam darnold and zach wilson were the future, how did that work out? A qb needs to prove he's the future. We're not talking punters here. You gonna have to give these guys 50M per year on any new contract. For Christmas sake, Dan Jones just got 40+ for throwing like 12 TDs. QBs also don't love franchise tags all the time, see Lamar. 

I need to be clear here. There is no scenario that Rodgers is back with greenbay. They need to assess love now and decide whether to pay him the mega contract it would take. You, me, nobody has any clue what love will become. This isn't madden/ fantasy football. You can't assume he's gonna be great now because he has a 90 man rating. Wake up and join reality. 

Those 49ers that had Steve young waiting in the wings for years. God is bill walsh dumb.... 

The Packers have a different philosophy at the QB position. If they identify a franchise QB during the time they already have one in his mid 30s, they are going to take him and have a mature , patient, calm adult in the room succession plan.  

Bad franchises wait for the bottom to fall out. 

Bad franchises wait till the last minute 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ptisme said:

Or, maybe they just want the jets to keep to the terms of the deal that we’re agreed upon ahead of time

Yes, there was one recent report suggesting that the Jets reneged on an offer made previously, and you’ve been leaning on it quite a bit lately.  It took me a little time to find this again, but I’ll counter with this report (see link below) from “Jets Insider” Connor Hughes of the SNY network from one month ago, just after the Rodgers/McAfee interview, stating that it was the Packers who re-evaluated and asked for more when they saw that the Jets had no other options.  He even went so far as to call it “negotiating in bad faith” and “bush league” on the Packers part.

You’ve allowed for the possibility that the report about the Jets reneging may not be accurate, and I’ll allow for the same with the Hughes report.  However, I will point out that the Hughes report was made at a time before there was a perception that the negotiations were dragging, and the associated finger-pointing between the teams to explain it started.

In the end though, I think the most reasonable point you repeatedly make is that we really don’t know what the truth is at this point, particularly with so many agendas out there for releasing slanted stories. 

https://sny.tv/video/sny-insider-talks-aaron-rodgers-impact-on-the-jets-sportsnite

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

If it drags out to training camp, I'd be surprised of Rodgers doesn't show up to Packers camp to make it awkward to try and force the trade. 

I don’t think it takes that long for that pressure to occur.  The Packers mandatory minicamp starts June 13.  If the trade hasn’t happened and Rodgers doesn’t report then, he’s in violation of his contract.  With a lot less on the line last year, Rodgers reported for minicamp after not showing up for the voluntary OTAs.  That’s an unavoidable decision point for both the Packers and Rodgers.

If Rodgers wants to really force the issue, he can show up for voluntary workouts starting later today.  But, I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t make that effort, especially if there’s anything to the theory that there’s a deal already in place and everyone is waiting until the draft to announce it - either for a strategic advantage for one or both teams in terms of draft picking or for maximum dramatic effect.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I don’t think it takes that long for that pressure to occur.  The Packers mandatory minicamp starts June 13.  If the trade hasn’t happened and Rodgers doesn’t report then, he’s in violation of his contract.  With a lot less on the line last year, Rodgers reported for minicamp after not showing up for the voluntary OTAs.  That’s an unavoidable decision point for both the Packers and Rodgers.

If Rodgers wants to really force the issue, he can show up for voluntary workouts starting later today.  But, I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t make that effort, especially if there’s anything to the theory that there’s a deal already in place and everyone is waiting until the draft to announce it - either for a strategic advantage for one or both teams in terms of draft picking or for maximum dramatic effect.

I wouldn’t think he’d show up prior to the draft either. 

4 hours ago, MykePM said:

If there is no agreed-upon deal in place, with 10 days to go before the draft starts, I would hope he would show up to workouts.

$50k is good coin for watching the ensuing panic his arrival would cause. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Draft seemed like forever ago when the thought was this might not get done until very close to the draft. Now that it’s 10 days away… im

100% good with holding our ground and giving up as little as we can. They’re the ones that want a pick this year. We’d rather keep ours and still get AR. So pressure is on them if they want immediate assets.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

So, are the Jets keeping Davis since they didn't really add a receiver, essentially replacing Berrios and Moore with Hardman and Lazard? 

Or Mims is WR 3? Yikes. 

I agree. I don't see this upgrade at WR some think. I feel like we're about the same when you factor in injuries. Our offense really hasn't gotten better at all.

YET

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

So, are the Jets keeping Davis since they didn't really add a receiver, essentially replacing Berrios and Moore with Hardman and Lazard?

Looks that way. Will depend on what they do in the draft, but I get the vibe JD likes Davis more than we fans do.

• Upvote 1