Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Boomer Esiason had the same info on Friday—that the trade is done this week. It would be odd for Rapoport to be sitting there on a Sunday afternoon and say to himself, “hey, let me fire off this Rodgers tweet for no reason.” 

Yes, I agree with you Tom, I’m just wondering if Rap and the other insiders were ever as outside the loop as people here, like myself (and I believe you?) previously thought?

It turned out Wingo was full of sh*t with his “they’re on the one yard line” crap, and the tank top admitted he has no inside track as to what Rodgers is thinking also.

Rap and the other inner circle guys kept saying nothing was imminent, and they’ve been proven correct.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If anybody is pushing to get a deal done begot the draft it's the Packers. If the draft goes by the Packers get no help this year for Love and the Jets gets 3 picks in the top 43 and ultimately still get Rodgers bc the Packers have no choice but to trade him. Win win for the Jets, lose lose for the Packers. 

Kinda depends on what happens, and how much we end up paying, doesn’t it?

Well if the packers do not get picks this year they will try and push up the picks from next year with the old' picks are half a round to a round lower a year out' mantra and this is not a superb draft at all.  It could be in the packers long term best interest to get 2024 picks of a higher value than 2024 picks.

don;t this this will happen though they will get it resolved before the draft.

14 minutes ago, freestater said:

Small minds think its an insult to call something or someone gay. 

Agree 100% believe me, and yeh… I cringed when I read it also, but then I gave him a pass thinking it was an attempt at humor referencing the furor over the can rather than homophobia?

Does that make sense, or no?

7 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

As the draft is a mere 4 days away, I’m starting to feel greedy. It would be a huge win if we can keep the top 3 picks. Offer 2023 and 2024 3rd round picks and get this trade finally done with. 

The GB GM already said any prior trade parameters are out the window after the draft.

48 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yes, I agree with you Tom, I’m just wondering if Rap and the other insiders were ever as outside the loop as people here, like myself (and I believe you?) previously thought?

It turned out Wingo was full of sh*t with his “they’re on the one yard line” crap, and the tank top admitted he has no inside track as to what Rodgers is thinking also.

Rap and the other inner circle guys kept saying nothing was imminent, and they’ve been proven correct.

Wingo was the only one with the original interest by the Jets and the imminent meeting with Rodgers. And I still think Rap knows nothing. 

I stick by the belief that the deal in principle has been done for weeks and it’s just a matter of draft day positioning and players available, that will adjust the trade slightly.  

JD said it, the Packers admitted it, and Rodgers verbalized his intent that he is going to the Jets.  It’s been done for a while now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If anybody is pushing to get a deal done begot the draft it's the Packers. If the draft goes by the Packers get no help this year for Love and the Jets gets 3 picks in the top 43 and ultimately still get Rodgers bc the Packers have no choice but to trade him. Win win for the Jets, lose lose for the Packers. 

It really couldn’t be simpler than this.

Good GMs move on their timeline on trades like this, not fans.

Jets continue to hold the timing leverage for a # of obvious reasons:

1. GB is going to want a 2023 draft pick to help Love this year

2. They don’t want Rodgers to continue to be a distraction

Let’s sit back and watch GB fold whatever hand they think they have.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Wingo was the only one with the original interest by the Jets and the imminent meeting with Rodgers. And I still think Rap knows nothing. 

I stick by the belief that the deal in principle has been done for weeks and it’s just a matter of draft day positioning and players available, that will adjust the trade slightly.  

JD said it, the Packers admitted it, and Rodgers verbalized his intent that he is going to the Jets.  It’s been done for a while now. 

Yeah, I see when you keep saying it’s already a done deal. I’ll simply agree to disagree.

50 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Agree 100% believe me, and yeh… I cringed when I read it also, but then I gave him a pass thinking it was an attempt at humor referencing the furor over the can rather than homophobia?

Does that make sense, or no?

Seemed like a doubling down on the homophobia (and transphobia) that make up the original "furor". 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It really couldn’t be simpler than this.

Good GMs move on their timeline on trades like this, not fans.

Jets continue to hold the timing leverage for a # of obvious reasons:

1. GB is going to want a 2023 draft pick to help Love this year

2. They don’t want Rodgers to continue to be a distraction

Let’s sit back and watch GB fold whatever hand they think they have.

What is your definition of folding their hand?  As in compensation wise?

19 minutes ago, Lith said:

Next time, how about we just leave it at this rather than trying to justify someone else's small minded homophobic comments.

Yeah you’re right Lith. As the father of a gay child, I should be more alert, aware, whatever… but sometimes I want to give people who really aren’t deserving the benefit of the doubt.
You do that too often and you play the fool obviously.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

More or less than 43 and a 2024 second round pick that’s a first if the Jets play in the Super Bowl for Rodgers, 78, and a 2025 conditional pick from Green Bay that becomes a round less than the Jets’ 2024 pick they acquired if Rodgers doesn’t play in 2024?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

happy good times GIF

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What is your definition of folding their hand?  As in compensation wise?

It’s a good question.  I don’t know, but they are asking for something the Jets aren’t willing to budge on; hence why the trade hasn’t happened.

Conjecture has been an unconditional first round pick next year.  If true, this is a hand GB  will need to fold.

It’s not happening unless the Jets keep all their 2023 picks.

Maybe it’s some form of payback if Rodgers retires early…

Dont know, but there’s clearly a sticking point and my prediction is that the Jets will win the point.

I started this thread with a prediction the Jets would give up a 2nd and a conditional 2024 that could rise to #1 if the Jets make the SB.

In return, the Jets get Rodgers and some relief on his dead cap hit.  Rodgers might also restructure..

• Upvote 1