News from around the league

nycdan

The idea that MIA was not in on Tua has always been very much a fan-driven thing.

MIA likes and believes in this kid.  And he's better than Jets Fans think.

As has been oft stated of late, injuries are the big (huge) issue for him.

The best asset is availability.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I was a huge Tua skeptic but the Dolphins offense was arguably the best in the NFL last year when he was healthy. He's got deep ball issues but he's very accurate and efficient.

He was good.  But if he has another concussion, and he will - at some point doctors won’t clear him.  Each time he gets a hit he could miss weeks.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Tons of recent speculation that the Panthers are trying to lock up a deal for the 1st overall pick 

Damn, moving from 9 to 1 is gonna be EXPENSIVE.

Using Trey Lance as a basis for comparison (12 to 3), it could easily be 3 1sts.  Problem is, I'm not even sure that any of the QBs this year are worth it.  Sure, take Young or Stroud if they're there, but blowing that many draft picks to take a guy who isn't 'generational' feels like a really bad gamble.  I guess if he stinks, they'll be in the running for Caleb Williams next year...

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

Tons of recent speculation that the Panthers are trying to lock up a deal for the 1st overall pick 

They have #9 plus 2 2nds. Would think it would have to include a stud from the roster as well as multiple 1st rounders. Lucky young QB who will get groomed by Reich.

• Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tua played very well for them other than the concussions, if he gets one next year look out though.

I still cannot get over how they let him play after that first concussion last year, so ridiculous.

It was impressively stupid and they may have cost themselves a franchise QB. They really, really wanted to beat Buffalo and be 1st in the division. 

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Using Trey Lance as a basis for comparison (12 to 3), it could easily be 3 1sts.  Problem is, I'm not even sure that any of the QBs this year are worth it.  Sure, take Young or Stroud if they're there, but blowing that many draft picks to take a guy who isn't 'generational' feels like a really bad gamble.  I guess if he stinks, they'll be in the running for Caleb Williams next year...

Unless........they think Will Anderson is the 2nd coming of LT. 

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I read somewhere that 4 teams are jocking. My cousin used to work for Carolina and while she still has some connections there she’s admittedly far removed. She now has more connections inside the Jets Org but that’s what she just told me

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I bet they still beat us twice next season

I was thinking about creating a poll asking what our record will be against the Pats the next 2 years if we get Aaron Rodgers.  I would hope we would at least win 2 but I wouldn't be shocked if we went 0-4.

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

I read somewhere that 4 teams are jocking. My cousin used to work for Carolina and while she still has some connections there she’s admittedly far removed. She now has more connections inside the Jets Org but that’s what she just told me

I can see Carolina moving up, both them and maybe the Falcons at #8 seem to be just out of play for the top 4 QBs

I think Richardson definitely goes #1.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I can see Carolina moving up, both them and maybe the Falcons at #8 seem to be just out of play for the top 4 QBs

I think Richardson definitely goes #1.

If a team gives up a bounty and trades up for Richardson they get what they deserve.  What an awful move that would be.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

The idea that MIA was not in on Tua has always been very much a fan-driven thing.

MIA likes and believes in this kid.  And he's better than Jets Fans think.

As has been oft stated of late, injuries are the big (huge) issue for him.

The best asset is availability.

I’m not sure who you’re attempting to educate here, Fish.

I think the vast majority of people here already know Tua is really good when healthy, and yeah… availability due to the concussions is the only knock against him, and presumably a big concern for Miami.

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If a team gives up a bounty and trades up for Richardson they get what they deserve.  What an awful move that would be.

I think that's the only player worth making that kind of move for. You can't tell me Frank Reich doesn't think he can make this kid a star. It's just how coaches think.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I think that's the only player worth making that kind of move for. You can't tell me Frank Reich doesn't think he can make this kid a star. It's just how coaches think.

It sounds insane, but when I look at the options, in Bryce Young, I see a team hoping he's Kyler Murray without the stupid.  He's just too small to comp to anyone else, even Russ.

When you look at Richardson, I guess you'd be hoping for Josh Allen.  

If I were going to gamble everything, I'd want to reach for Josh Allen way more than Kyler Murray, even if the odds of getting Murray were higher.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It sounds insane, but when I look at the options, in Bryce Young, I see a team hoping he's Kyler Murray without the stupid.  He's just too small to comp to anyone else, even Russ.

When you look at Richardson, I guess you'd be hoping for Josh Allen.  

If I were going to gamble everything, I'd want to reach for Josh Allen way more than Kyler Murray, even if the odds of getting Murray were higher.

Coaches are going to look at Richardson and think THEY can be the one to make him hit his ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Coaches are going to look at Richardson and think THEY can be the one to make him hit his ceiling. 

Most, yeah.  But my point is, do you trade 3 1st round picks to gamble on getting a less immature Kyler Murray?  I can't see how that makes sense.  As unbelievable as it seems, I think your point about Richardson could be right, especially if you are paying a ransom to move up to #1.  How do you justify it if you don't hit an absolute home run.  I just don't think Young's upside is home run.  Double with a man on base, maybe.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Most, yeah.  But my point is, do you trade 3 1st round picks to gamble on getting a less immature Kyler Murray?  I can't see how that makes sense.  As unbelievable as it seems, I think your point about Richardson could be right, especially if you are paying a ransom to move up to #1.  How do you justify it if you don't hit an absolute home run.  I just don't think Young's upside is home run.  Double with a man on base, maybe.

I like Young but he doesn't strike me as a player you gamble 3 firsts on. 5'10" is different when you already own the #1 pick. 

If there is a trade up to #1, I can't see how it wouldn't be for Richardson. Personally I think the Seahawks should jump from 5 to 1 to land him and let him sit behind Geno.

• WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Just crazy, the guy has like 13 starts and is not a good passer.  I mean if you are a guy that likes to win 4 games with a running qb like fields that cant throw well, fine.

• Post of the Week 1