49ers signing QB Sam Darnold

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To recap:

• 15 months ago @JiF4Lamar claimed Darnold wasn't getting traded to the 49ers (he wasn't).  
  • Today Darnold gets signed for nothing by the 49ers (quite different from a trade).
  • @football guy has a victory lap, 15 month later.

Yeah, football guy really "won" this one.  lmao.  

What a cuck.

Playtowinthegame has that job already.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Lol watching grown men fight like this on a message board is always entertaining 

I don't get the whole "cuck" thing. To be a cuck, you have to be a man married to a woman. I don't think any of these "grown men" are married. 

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Wouldn’t shock me if did well there, honestly.

Getting back to football: I believe the same. He showed flashes this year when the OL finally came together. He’s going to be surrounded by an elite line + skill position players. Their room became very interesting: they have the one guy who is all tools but no polish (Lance), the other who is all poise/decisiveness but less talented (Purdy), and then Darnold who at this point is kind of a balance of both. 

It will not shock me at all if he finds a way into the lineup for them this year. Purdy was an awesome story but like Mike White/Nick Foles/Gardner Minshew, I’m not super convinced that he’s the real deal just yet. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

Getting back to football: I believe the same. He showed flashes this year when the OL finally came together. He’s going to be surrounded by an elite line + skill position players. Their room became very interesting: they have the one guy who is all tools but no polish (Lance), the other who is all poise/decisiveness but less talented (Purdy), and then Darnold who at this point is kind of a balance of both. 

It will not shock me at all if he finds a way into the lineup for them this year. Purdy was an awesome story but like Mike White/Nick Foles/Gardner Minshew, I’m not super convinced that he’s the real deal just yet. 

Good post, but IMO Purdy, Minshew and Foles are better than Sam. White is also if he can stay healthy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Throwing passes to DJ Moore and Christian McCaffrey with a solid playcaller in Joe Brady wasn't enough of a "chance" for him?

People refuse to believe Sam isn’t a good QB. We’ll be dealing with the same thing again in a couple of years when a team picks Zach up off the scrap heap.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Throwing passes to DJ Moore and Christian McCaffrey with a solid playcaller in Joe Brady wasn't enough of a "chance" for him?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. To be fair, Sam has only been an NFL QB for 5 years. I have dumps that take that long. 

Now that Sam has the best roster in the sport, it should only be another 2-3 years of hard work before he develops, kinda like Geno did in his 10th year! 

you guys are so impatient 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Totally, but he's got so much more experience. If Sam put it all together and reached his potential he's better than either IMO

experience doesn’t mean much when your “ experience “ and history is turnovers lol.. 9ers are so good, they just need a qb who won’t make the big mistakes and sabotage games all by himself. Sounds too familiar lol..

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That team had an awful OL, an average defense and subpar coaching, and the fact that Darnold ended up being the best QB on the roster when they traded McCaffrey to the 49ers and they still had Baker Mayfield on the team tells you all you need to know.  

The Panthers are not a good team and they know it. They are not a great QB away from being special.  With that said, Darnold IMO played awfully down the stretch for that team and that is why the Panthers moved off of him. 

Finally, I also think comparing the Panthers roster to that of the 49ers is silly at best. The 49ers are far more talented than any team in the NFL, including us and hence they afford Darnold the best chance to succeed and why I am rooting for him.  

To recap, in the 2021 draft the Jets and Niners passed on Justin Fields for Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. 2 years later, the Jets are openly campaigning for a veteran QB going into what should be Wilson's third season and the Niners are so confident about Lance that they just signed Sam Darnold. Meanwhile, the Bears traded out of the number 1 pick partly because of their confidence in Fields. 

@JiF4Lamar

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

To recap, in the 2021 draft the Jets and Niners passed on Justin Fields for Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. 2 years later, the Jets are openly campaigning for a veteran QB going into what should be Wilson's third season and the Niners are so confident about Lance that they just signed Sam Darnold. Meanwhile, the Bears traded out of the number 1 pick partly because of their confidence in Fields. 

@JiF4Lamar

Offense taken that I wasn’t tagged as well. Peep the draft forums. I was on Fields over the field before almost anyone.

My bears fans friends thought I was crazy that my first choice for their offseason was to trade out and build around Fields. I think they’re doing the right thing. Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

That team had an awful OL, an average defense and subpar coaching, and the fact that Darnold ended up being the best QB on the roster when they traded McCaffrey to the 49ers and they still had Baker Mayfield on the team tells you all you need to know.  

PJ Walker was the best QB on the roster.