Jets Negotiating With Lazard [Signed 4 years $44M]

SR24

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The old contract year nonsense.  Couldn’t be that he was out from behind Adams shadow and took advantage of the extra opportunities.   Davis sucks.  Drops passes and causes INTs.  And can’t stay on the field, I’m not going to miss his 500 yard seasons

Lazard averages 500 yards a season with an elite QB his whole career.

Enjoy.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Davis played behind AJ Brown and had had far worse QBs throwing him the ball.

Lazard hasnt been able to do anything with a HOF QB.

Stick Lazard on the teams Davis was on and Davis on the packers and it wouldnt even be close in Davis favor. 

Davis is inconsistent and frustrating at times but he is far more talented. 

I never made a claim about their talent.  Davis is more athletically gifted for sure.  We agree on that.  Unfortunately, Lazard is the better and more reliable NFL receiver at this juncture.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Enjoy.

He also had Davante Adams taking up about 4500 yards opposite him across the same time span. 
If Garrett does that we can be happy Lazard is blocking the sh*t out of other people. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

very interesting.  

although that also assumes that GB wouldn't get the picks if these guys signed elsewere

Good point. It depends.  Compensatory pick formula also has a "value of contracts" component to it:

The compensatory pick formula is based on net spending in free agency. Teams that lose more in contracts signed by free agents leaving the team than what they spent on incoming free agents earn picks. The bigger the contracts that are not offset by signings, the higher the pick.

Davis and Lazard are both essentially a wash. Why are we arguing over who is better? Lol

I will say Davis might be at least slightly more marginally talented as a whole - but Lazard is younger by a year, just had his best season yet, better blocker, has chemistry with the likely incoming QB, is familiar with Hackett's system, better red zone target, and hasn't been as injury prone.

• Upvote 1

Enjoy.

Is it possible for you to stop repeating the same thing in every post? I think your Davis/Lazard comparison argument has been seen by all.  

5f872d914163c24b6fd7c993d72aa7e0.gif

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, derp said:

That whole Tennessee offense was lower volume than Green Bay - ate into Davis’ counting stats too.

Funny, those dropped passes we’ve all screamed about, the balls tipped for INTs aren’t a big deal anymore.  They guy we called trash for 2 years now, who hasn’t been able to stay on the field, the 1st named mentioned to save cap space is a huge setback if replaced by a 6-5 800 yard WR.  
There is t this vast drop off some are crying about.  

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, British Jet said:

He also had Davante Adams taking up about 4500 yards opposite him across the same time span. 
If Garrett does that we can be happy Lazard is blocking the sh*t out of other people. 

Last year when his team needed him to step he couldn't. I'm not a fan of this move at all. Guy is not good with Rogers as his QB. I mean if this is how we get Rogers...ok fine I'm down but seems terrible 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Last year when his team needed him to step he couldn't. I'm not a fan of this move at all. Guy is not good with Rogers as his QB. I mean if this is how we get Rogers...ok fine I'm down but seems terrible 

Maybe he isn't a #1 WR (and we don't need him to be with G-Wilson here), but to say he's not good? Lol. His contract is very fair value.

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Enjoy.

I will enjoy.

You’ll come back and whine about something different while theres no difference in their play 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

800 yards, 6 TDs on 60 receptions?

40 something first downs on 60 receptions?

The man is a very good, aggressive, possession WR2. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, those dropped passes we’ve all screamed about, the balls tipped for INTs aren’t a big deal anymore.  They guy we called trash for 2 years now, who hasn’t been able to stay on the field, the 1st named mentioned to save cap space is a huge setback if replaced by a 6-5 800 yard WR.  
There is t this vast drop off some are crying about.  

It’s funny, you’re ragging on people calling it a big drop off and I’m ragging on those calling it a big upgrade. Pretty neutral. Favors who stays on the field, which if it tracks with recent history is better for Lazard but is ultimately TBD.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I will enjoy.

You’ll come back and whine about something different while theres no difference in their play 

If it doesnt work out you'll just distance yourself from your stance while bootlicking the next jets move like you do for every single thing they do.

You might as well be a PR for Woody Johnson the way you praise and defend every single thing they do.

• Thumb Down 1

Lazard to Corey Davis is a lateral move, at best.  The best trait both of them bring to the table is their ability and willingness to block.  Now the reason why it can be intriguing is the red zone targets because I think he's better at converting those opportunities.  I don't know for sure, the site I use for it seems to be down for now.    

I assume they are going to move on from Corey Davis at some point, so he just replaces them.  Cobb doesn't make much sense at all, because he's not better than Moore at this point in his career.  Wilson/Lazard/Moore plus Mims should work fine.  

Lazard isn't some crazy #1 WR but he's healthy, steady, blocks his ass off, and for $11 mil/year is a smart pickup.  Also we don't exactly need him to be THE GUY because we already have THE GUY with Garrett Wilson.  

This also allows Mims to play because you want to, not because you have to due to an injured Cory Davis.

Just now, derp said:

It’s funny, you’re ragging on people calling it a big drop off and I’m ragging on those calling it a big upgrade. Pretty neutral. Favors who stays on the field, which if it tracks with recent history is better for Lazard but is ultimately TBD.

Funny.  I also added there isn’t that big a difference and that’s the point.  PS whining Lazard is a jag compared to Davis is silly and the numbers don’t agree.  And I’ve repeated in a few of those posts that Davis misses time and Lazard doesn’t 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, those dropped passes we’ve all screamed about, the balls tipped for INTs aren’t a big deal anymore.  They guy we called trash for 2 years now, who hasn’t been able to stay on the field, the 1st named mentioned to save cap space is a huge setback if replaced by a 6-5 800 yard WR.  There isn't this vast drop off some are crying about.  

Some people prefer willful ignorance when it suits them. Just to be clear I'm agreeing with you about those people.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If it doesnt work out you'll just distance yourself from your stance while bootlicking the next jets move like you do for every single thing they do.

You might as well be a PR for Woody Johnson the way you praise and defend every single thing they do.

How about you move onto something different?  You’re making yourself look bad.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Good point. It depends.  Compensatory pick formula also has a "value of contracts" component to it:

The compensatory pick formula is based on net spending in free agency. Teams that lose more in contracts signed by free agents leaving the team than what they spent on incoming free agents earn picks. The bigger the contracts that are not offset by signings, the higher the pick.

the other element that people forget is that comp picks require a team to lose a greater number of Qualified UFAs than they acquire.  That's what actually gets you in the door to get any comp picks and then the $$$ value of the contracts of the lost UFAs leads you to the  specific round.  A team with a greater number of acquisitions of Qualified UFAs than losses is not likely to get any comp picks regardless of contract size of the losses.  In addition, you now have the comp picks for minority advancement within the coaching ranks, as peculiar as it is, for teams that lose guys like Saleh.  The team that loses a Saleh gets a pick if he qualifies as a minority.  Not sure of the terminology, but its paying off for some teams like the 49ers.

• Upvote 1

I don’t get why everyone is bitching over the Lazard signing at the expense of Corey Davis.  It’s not like Davis has lit it up in his two seasons with the Jets.  In those two seasons he’s only averaged 33 catches, 514 yards and 3 TD’s because he can’t stay on the field. He’s not a world beater.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny.  I also added there isn’t that big a difference and that’s the point.  PS whining Lazard is a jag compared to Davis is silly and the numbers don’t agree.  And I’ve repeated in a few of those posts that Davis misses time and Lazard doesn’t 

Davis’ stats after four years when he signed here were better than Lazard’s after four years at signing here. We’ll see how it progresses going forward. Hopefully Lazard going forward is better than Davis’ last two years.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If you don't like it dont read it. It's not hard.

I'm sure you're not complaining about the homers repeating the same things in every post.

ya.  repeating the same thing over and over is convincing everyone.

alexa-alexa-kpop.gif

• Upvote 1