JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I really thought he was trading up.....for different player.  ?

I had two guys in mind..  I originally offered two 7s hoping to keep the other 2 to try to move up for my other target.  Once you countered with the 3 picks for 203, I decided not to get greedy and make sure I got Mapu.  After taking Brian Branch at 17, this gives the Pack a nice compliment who can play in the box.  

Besides, when has it ever been a bad idea to double dip at Safety?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-espn-two-rounds-joey-porter-jr-brenton-strange-penn-state-208184927/

Kiper has Strange going in the 2nd round to the Chargers.. I think that's pretty high, but I still see him going in the mid rounds (3-4). I think getting him in the bottom of the 6th was a steal, he tested really well at the combine. To me a good comp for him would be Kellen Winslow Jr, but he can block too. There are a lot of similarities in size and frame as well as the raw physical talent to make some crazy contested catches, and freak athlete plays i.e. this leap over a central Michigan defender in the pic below, and these catches:

A2GC3T5OWZFF7J5ISSQEIKVIQI.webp

• Upvote 1

Buffalo is done with their 2023 draft. My goal was to protect Allen and give him a deep threat as well as a dump off option and RB to take the ball out of his hands on the goal line, short yardage and end of games. 

1st - Darnell Wright - OL, Tennessee

This was a missed pick but he fit in perfect for what I was trying to do. He can play multiple spots on the line so he adds depth as well as a potential starting OT. 

2nd - Marvin Mims - WR, Oklahoma

Speed demon that can also play multiple spots and return. With 4.38 speed Allen will be able to sling it once in a while which will pull the defense back to soften up for the running game. Mims can also play out of the slot so they’ll be able to move him around. 

3rd - Andrew Vorhees - OG, USC

Solid OG that plays consistent. He can play multiple spots as well so he’ll bring more depth to the OL. He would have been taken higher if he didn’t get injured so he’s worth a shot. 

4th - Davis Allen - TE, Cincy

Tall with good hands and catches the ball in the air. He gives Allen a good redzone threat and will help move the chains on 3rd down. Buffalo has needed a TE for a while and DA is and average blocker on top of having good hands so he can play all downs.

5th - Brandon Joseph - S, Notre Dame

Back up with starter potential and a special teamer, he shouldn’t have an issue making the team and I always draft a ND player :)

6th - Chris Rodriguez, Jr - RB, Kentucky 

Buffalo needed to add a bigger back and Rodriguez is a true power back with good hands and solid blocking. This should take the pressure off Allen and cutback on the beating he takes in short yardage and at the end of games. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-espn-two-rounds-joey-porter-jr-brenton-strange-penn-state-208184927/

Kiper has Strange going in the 2nd round to the Chargers.. I think that's pretty high, but I still see him going in the mid rounds (3-4). I think getting him in the bottom of the 6th was a steal, he tested really well at the combine. To me a good comp for him would be Kellen Winslow Jr, but he can block too. There are a lot of similarities in size and frame as well as the raw physical talent to make some crazy contested catches, and freak athlete plays i.e. this leap over a central Michigan defender in the pic below, and these catches:

A2GC3T5OWZFF7J5ISSQEIKVIQI.webp

This was the second guy that I was thinking of moving up for.  Didn't think there was any chance he would make it to 232.  And I was right.  Nice pick.  

• Upvote 1

I thought we were stopping the clock at 9 pm?

Clock runs from 9AM to midnight. You are in the clock until 10 AM tomorrow.

Edit. Just saw you made your pick. Section 314 is in the clock until tomorrow AM. NJ Meadowlands can make up skipped pick at any time.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Clock runs from 9AM to midnight. You are in the clock until 10 AM tomorrow.

Edit. Just saw you made your pick. Section 314 is in the clock until tomorrow AM. NJ Meadowlands can make up skipped pick at any time.

Sorry.   I guess I didn't read the rules closely enough.  I have not been messaging people either and people have not been messaging me.  I have just been tagging them.

The Falcons came into this draft with 4 primary needs......Edge pressure, CB#2, WR, and LG, and possibly adding to interior DLine rotation. We addressed the first with picks #8 Myles Murphy and #113 Byron Young(Tenn). Addressed need #2 with pick #37 after a trade up with Deonte Banks. Need #3 was addressed with pick#75 Kayshon Boutte. DL was addressed with #159 Kobie Turner a versatile giuy from Wake Forrest.last pick # 224 addressed the LG spot with Asim Richards, another versatile guy from NC. 

• Upvote 1