JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Your draft is an indefensible mess. It’s completely out of touch with what the team is trying to accomplish.  The jets would be much better off with 2 blue chips they can plug in as starters. 

only 45 guys dress on game day. You seem more concerned with rounding out the inactive list, or worse, the practice squad. 

Rodgers allows you to attract depth players with NFL experience. This is not a rebuilding year. This is not 1998. It might have entertained you to draft down so you could be on the clock more often but I don’t see the point in that. I would have run the draft like I was trying to win the superbowl with Rodgers

Lol Larz, don’t hold back, tell ‘‘em how you really feel…..

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I love when posters that aren’t participating in the mock destroy other peoples mocks. If you’re so good at it join and show us. 

This + having that visceral a reaction to somebody’s take on make-pretend is laughably pathetic.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

Lol Larz, don’t hold back, tell ‘‘em how you really feel…..

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I love when posters that aren’t participating in the mock destroy other peoples mocks. If you’re so good at it join and show us. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

This + having that visceral a reaction to somebody’s take on make-pretend is laughably pathetic.

Step right up to the Jets lottery!  
I've learned to do the Jets on other forums, not here.  

Suckuhs!

Same kind of drafts with trades (incl rodgers)  my picks are in the draft forum.  And @32EBoozer and I have the same Center in one.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Good morning, I messaged @Lith my picks. I'll be gone all weekend. THANK YOU! GREAT JOB BY ALL

Got your list. Thanks, enjoy  whatever you have going on for the weekend.  A couple of the guys listed were already picked.  If you want to add another couple of players to the list, let us know,

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Step right up to the Jets lottery!  
I've learned to do the Jets on other forums, not here.  

Suckuhs!

Same kind of drafts with trades (incl rodgers)  my picks are in the draft forum.  And @32EBoozer and I have the same Center in one.

A couple of thoughts. Mock Draft on a Jets board  definitely has all the GM focused on Jets prospects more than a national mock draft.
OT, Center and DL all gobbled up early and often on JN Mock. Some even 1-2 rounds early. That’s what makes being the Jet GM tough. It’s like having JD, Saleh, Hackett and Ulbrich all being GMs and selecting players for other teams.

Should have stayed with Eagles.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

A couple of thoughts. Mock Draft on a Jets board  definitely has all the GM focused on Jets prospects more than a national mock draft.
OT, Center and DL all gobbled up early and often on JN Mock. Some even 1-2 rounds early. That’s what makes being the Jet GM tough. It’s like having JD, Saleh, Hackett and Ulbrich all being GMs and selecting players for other teams.

Should have stayed with Eagles.

Im in a couple of non-Jets board mocks.  Shmitz, Tipp and Wyp were all gone by early 3rd round.  Tennessee, and a few other teams are in just as much a need as we are.  That is not a Jet-based phenomenon.  It's a need based one for any team. 

I think that those 3 and the Michigan Center are all gone before pick 100.  And OTs are taken in those mocks the same as they are here.  Early and often.  So what you think is Jets-fan bias really isn't as much as you think. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Im in a couple of non-Jets board mocks.  Shmitz, Tipp and Wyp were all gone by early 3rd round.  Tennessee, and a few other teams are in just as much a need as we are.  That is not a Jet-based phenomenon.  It's a need based one for any team. 

I think that those 3 and the Michigan Center are all gone before pick 100.  And OTs are taken in those mocks the same as they are here.  Early and often.  So what you think is Jets-fan bias really isn't as much as you think. 

I don’t watch a lot of college ball apart from ND so I’m probably too reliant on these mock draft sites. In the end… it’s similar to Bill Parcells’ statement:

You are what your record says you are.          Bill Parcells

Here, in draft-world, it would be “your  value is what the highest bidder feels it is”

I do not much care for @BroadwayBen right now.  I have been waiting about 40 picks for Chandler Zavala.  The guy has been getting a bunch of top 30 visits after a great pro day.  Thought he was going to make it the extra couple of picks.  Until Ben jumped in.

Oh well.  First time this draft that I really got sniped.  On the plan B or C.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

David Bakhtiari is not getting any younger  And RT Yosh Nijman has one year left on his contract.  Needed a depth tackle this year who could step into a spot next year.   

I was about to select Blake Freeland with this pick.  But there was one problem.  I could not find his name anywhere on the available player tab.  I could not have imagined he was missed on the sheet.  And if he had been picked, I was sure I would have remembered.  After all, I have been on this site almost non-stop for 10 days now.  Somehow I must have missed @Integrity28 taking him in the 3rd.  As the owner of the spreadsheet, I could have changed Integrity's pick.  But that would be wrong.

Instead I pivoted to a guy I know pretty well.  Suffered a knee injury in the SEC Championship which caused him to miss his first game in 3 seasons against OSU.  Then he was fortunate to have only suffered minor injuries as a passenger in the auto crash in January that killed a Devon Willock and Chandler LeCroy, RIP.   

Seems to be a forgotten man among OL prospects.  Solid pass protector who needs work in the run game.  Can play either side and I believe he has some experience at guard as well.  Don't expect him to have much impact as a rookie, but he could be ready to replace Nijman at RT in 24, and potentially Bakhtiari a year later.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

I do not much care for @BroadwayBen right now.  I have been waiting about 40 picks for Chandler Zavala.  The guy has been getting a bunch of top 30 visits after a great pro day.  Thought he was going to make it the extra couple of picks.  Until Ben jumped in.

Oh well.  First time this draft that I really got sniped.  On the plan B or C.

Lol and I ALMOST waited 17 picks to grab him with my 2nd 5th round pick. Something told me to jump on it now!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Got your list. Thanks, enjoy  whatever you have going on for the weekend.  A couple of the guys listed were already picked.  If you want to add another couple of players to the list, let us know,

I'll be able to make my pick--- thank you.

• Upvote 1

With the 154th Selection in the JetNation Mock Draft, the Cheifs select,  Carter Warren, OT, PITT

Grades as a good pass protector who can play both LT and RT.  Started last 2 season on LT.  Former 4 start recruite with MASSIVE wingspan.  KC glad to have him to throw into our OT mix.

@Jif is on the clock (I think)  

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

With the 154th Selection in the JetNation Mock Draft, the Cheifs select,  Carter Warren, OT, PITT

Grades as a good pass protector who can play both LT and RT.  Started last 2 season on LT.  Former 4 start recruite with MASSIVE wingspan.  KC glad to have him to throw into our OT mix.

@Jif is on the clock (I think)  

Carter Warren was already selected.  Pick 102 by SF.  See available players tab on the spreadhseet and please change the pick.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sakn0O0AFFvUgR4SJzJWm-39l-PY5J4YNg0N3jH8wSI/edit?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

Happy holidays everyone.  Since so many will be with family and out, it makes sense to exude patience today. 

We will proceed  the same way with a 2-hr clock, and will continue to skip missed picks until the GM shows up later.  If your pick has been skipped, just hop back in when you can and select ASAP from the available players tab.

So please check the spreadsheet and if you are in the next 7-8 picks  send your list to all 4 of your Mock Meisters : @Lith 
 @NYJetsVets91  @New York Mick @Dcat.   Make sure to include @Beerfish for no special reason at all.  j/k

I'll be out for almost all of the afternoon.

meanwhile, @Paradis on the west coast of Canada, is OTC.  Sheet says pick is due at 10 am, that would be 7am Easter morning during the Easter egg hunt in chez paradice.  

@Integrity28 on deck

• Upvote 2

@NYJetsVets91 Thank you for taking McIntosh and removing the temptation for taking 3 Dawgs out of 6 picks.

McIntosh is not a great runner, lacks elite vision and patience, not great running between the tackles, much better when challenging the perimeter of the defense.  But where he excels is in the passing game.  Great hands and solid in pass pro.  Numerous big plays on wheel routes the past couple of seasons.  Should be able to contribute immediately as a 3rd down back.  Solid pick at this stage of the draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1