JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

It still seems a bit worse than past years and the mods are still killing themselves for weeks doing a great job.  I always wondered if it would be better to just have a set time to check in and make your pick. There are always times that life gets in the way, but if you know you have to pick between 3 and 4 pm and are getting called into something at 2, you should know to send your choices.  The way things are now, I was at an Easter buffet when my picks finally rolled around.  It was a bit extreme because I didn't have a selection for 90+picks, but there was a bunch of uncertainty about when I would actually pick.  I picked Brents at 9 pm on Monday the 3rd and then was waiting around until yesterday at 4 pm before my next pick. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Trade:   
Lions send 194 to Bears.
Bears send 201, 218, 258 to Lions.  

@Lith sheet updated, but draft-by-team tab doesn't have it right.

1 hour ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

It takes a minute to update. The same thing happened on my last trade but it eventually corrected itself.

It is updated now.  Needed to be updated and resorted.

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, section314 said:

@JTJet heard on NFL Sirius last week that the Pats were shopping Jones. It might have been on the site, but since our draft started I haven’t really been in many other forums.

I just want to see Jones' bitch ass take another L like the loser he is. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2023 at 10:39 AM, Dcat said:

Cook will be the main guy there.  He showed a lot of upside nearing the end of the season.  I have to decide whether or not he's a keeper in one of my FF leagues.  So, I'm very interested in how the Bills draft this season re: RB.

!

Damn @Paradis that guy is almost as old as Kirkland!

I took Luepke.  I wanted an RB, my first choice for value was Abanikanda, but he was too rich for my blood.  Looking at the strength of the draft I might have done better taking him in the 3rd because Brents might have lasted and there are still a few CBs I like on the board.  I thought about McBride, Tucker and Chase Brown, who oddly were lumped together on the spreadsheet, but each went before I was ready to pull the trigger.  Luepke seems like a FB, but he moves okay and I think he can be the kind of guy that carries the ball some.  He can catch, but is nowhere near long enough to be a TE.  The profiles say he plays specials and he certainly looks smooth catching the ball, so I went there.

Okudah traded to Atlanta for 5th rounder (IRL).

Nailed it on pick 6

Detroit Lions learned from Joe Douglas last draft. With the 6th pick of the draft, the Lions select Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon.   Yes, Okudah was a bust.  We will not be exercising his option. The Lions are thrilled to replace him with some Oregon sauce: 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Love to help, but I don't pick again until #223.  6th pick of the 7th  I like extra 7ths since I am not allowed to offer UDFA.

No worries.  I have a deal in place as long as my guy is still available.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Lions dealt Okudah to Atlanta for 5th rd pick #129.  Not sure if any other players/picks involved.

Interesting. I have the Falcons in our mock. They got their #2 CB in Okudah today to play opposite Terrell, so I would pretty much bet Edge will be the pick at #8. Gives the Lions a ton of flexibility at 6 now, and this is a very good CB group in general. They could easily go CB like you did.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A Trade is likely about to go down.  I believe picks will be made shortly.

I have traded up with Beerfish.  Houston gets picks 235, 242 and 256,  Packers are getting 203 and are now on the clock.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Marte Ma'who?

Marte Mapu.  LB-S hybrid.  6'3 220.  Packers (the real ones not the fake JN ones) are bringing him in for top 30 visit.  As have Bills, GIants and Cowboys and maybe some other teams.  Small school guy, showed coverage skills and great instincts against the run during Sr Bowl week.  He was a combine snub, and then tore a pec muscle during workouts last month, so he is a bit of a risk, but at pick 203.  For a team that needs help at the S position. 

After getting sniped for each of my 5th round picks, I did not want to let it happen again.

• Upvote 4

Just now, section314 said:

I FWIW @HawkeyeJet, Jack Campbell getting a ton of love on Movin the Chains this afternoon. Miller and Kirwin love him. Kirwin said he thinks he would be a day one starter for at least half the teams in the NFL.

Classic guy that had the tape, had the stats but the thought was, is he really good enough athletically?  Then he terrorized the combine.

• Upvote 3