Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Some clarity:

383A04B4-297F-46A5-AD46-13A3C1FC8160.jpeg

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I've heard it mentioned a few times now that there are rumblings over his sleeping and eating habits, but have never seen any specifics. 

Can't improve on this response:

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Everything is so freaking weird. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Affecting sleep habits....no big deal

Affecting breakfast and lunch?  The outrage!  Next thing you know it will be 'only bacon 3 times a week' or something.

I mean if the ravens are changing practice times because Lamar likes to sleep in then yeah it’s a bit of an issie

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Everything is so freaking weird. 

Is it? 200 million potentially teams are gonna want him all in on everything. He missed a bunch of practices last year being sick etc. doesn’t seem totally off base if it’s sleeping in/diet related. 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is it? 200 million potentially teams are gonna want him all in on everything. He missed a bunch of practices last year being sick etc. doesn’t seem totally off base if it’s sleeping in/diet related. 

Wait until these guys find out that Lamar was also anti-vaxx even after getting Covid twice

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I said everything because I meant everything, not Just the Lamar thing. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

except it is inaccurate

he wasn't offered 3 yrs/$133 million

he was offered some type of 5-year contract that included $133 million fully guaranteed at signing, something like $175 million guaranteed for injury and the ability to increase it to $200 million in guaranteed money

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/lamar-jackson-baltimore-ravens-contract-kyler-murray-russell-wilson-free-agency-compare-tag

i'm sorry, but that contract is neither offensive, nor indicative of some good ole boys network holding down the man.  it's F-U money that would have set him up for the rest of his life

Damn good ole boys billionaire club at work

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think it helps his case that Watson kind of sucked last year either.

It also doesn't help his case that he is closer to a RB than a QB and RB's don't often do that well on 2nd contracts, and the last 2 seasons he had durability concerns, and it doesn't help that the good ole billionaires want to keep him down

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wait until these guys find out that Lamar was also anti-vaxx even after getting Covid twice

Damn, hes anti-vaxx too, Whats with all these QB's and their anti-vaxx status, don't they know how great the vax works? The problem is they havent gotten their 97th booster yet and only wear 2 masks instead of the suggested 5, if you can breathe, youre not doing it right

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

That moment when you brag that you don't need an agent, but then you find yourself asking for a trade after the team doesn't cave into your demands. Then you find yourself negotiating with teams that have no interest in the money you're looking for plus picks knowing there's a good chance that team is simply negotiating for the Ravens who can and will match any reasonable deal. Oh, and the undeniable risk that you may be guaranteeing a quarter billion plus for a guy who may not finish a full season often based on his injury history. 

GIF by FirstAndMonday

Of course the last laugh will be his when he gets a quarter billion plus guaranteed. Someone will do it, or close to it. Insanity is the only quality we continue to raise the bar for.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What’s funny is, I was just thinking that Lamar’s weird sleep issues could very well be caused by long covid, but then I figured it wasn’t worth opening that particular can of worms. How naive of me to assume that one of our local Guys Who Just Can’t Help Themselves hadn’t already opened up the can and enthusiastically jammed his dick into it

Sarcastic Big Deal GIF by CBS

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dbatesman said:

wait what are his sleep habits

• Lamar believes in the power of sleeping like a baby, literally. He replaced his bed with a custom-made, oversized hammock, complete with a mobile of miniature footballs, cleats, and helmets dangling above. This swaying slumber setup had him gently rocking to sleep every night, claiming it provides the perfect recovery environment.
  • He also insists on wearing his "lullaby leggings" to bed, which are compression tights with built-in speakers. They play a soothing medley of motivational speeches and victory anthems on repeat, helping him channel his inner champion as he drifts off to sleep.
  • He's a firm believer in fueling his body around the clock. Every night, he set multiple alarms to wake up for "sleep snacks" – energy gels, electrolyte chews, and protein bars strategically places on his nightstand. He consumes these in a semi-conscious state, ensuring his body had a constant supply of nutrients while he rests.
  • Has a unique pre-sleep ritual, which involves acting out the three stages of his upcoming game. He does "laps" on his hammock, "throws" in place, and then "jukes" while lying down, all while visualizing himself crossing the goal line for the game winning TD.

This bizarre routine is said to help him mentally prepare for his games and fall asleep feeling victorious.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:
  • Lamar believes in the power of sleeping like a baby, literally. He replaced his bed with a custom-made, oversized hammock, complete with a mobile of miniature footballs, cleats, and helmets dangling above. This swaying slumber setup had him gently rocking to sleep every night, claiming it provided the perfect recovery environment.
  • He also insists on wearing his "lullaby leggings" to bed, which are compression tights with built-in speakers. They play a soothing medley of motivational speeches and victory anthems on repeat, helping him channel his inner champion as he drifted off to sleep.
  • He's a firm believer in fueling his body around the clock. Every night, he set multiple alarms to wake up for "sleep snacks" – energy gels, electrolyte chews, and protein bars strategically placed on his nightstand. He consumes these in a semi-conscious state, ensuring his body had a constant supply of nutrients while he rested.
  • Has a unique pre-sleep ritual, which involves acting out the three stages of his upcoming game. He does "laps" on his hammock, "throws" in place, and then "jukes" while lying down, all while visualizing himself crossing the goal line for the game winning TD. This bizarre routine is said to help him mentally prepare for his games and fall asleep feeling victorious.

I can’t believe I’m asking, but do you have a link for this? I legitimately can’t tell if you made this up or not

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3