Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Tannenbaum makes an excellent point.

Even if you're committed to signing AR now, why not bring Lamar into your building to at least meet him, get to know him?

Lamar could be a UFA in 2 years, and AR will surely not be playing by then, for the Jets or for anybody.

Doesn't hurt to start the recruiting process with Lamar now.

This "negotiating in good faith" line is dumb.  You have to be prepared and keep your options open.

Anything can happen.

He’s been telling the packers for a month #13 is off the table and he wants Rodgers to restructure or the packers to pay part of his salary (presumably) If he makes an offer for lamar including 2 1’S and a massive contract that’s the definition of bad faith. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He’s 45-16 as an NFL starter. Not a ton of opportunities to rack up cheap passing stats a la Kirk Cousins

It's interesting how all the best QBs pass for less than 200 yards a game.

Then we have Lamars heir apparent Justin Fields with similar passing stats and a careen record of 5-20

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As opposed to all the great Jets QBs of yore who could get the ball to TEs?  Oh, right.....

Production is production dude.  Maybe Lamar Jackson would piss off Garrett Wilson.  Or perhaps he'd find him because the Ravens never had a WR as good as Wilson.  And at the same time perhaps he could help make Ruckert a star.

Everything Pat Mahomes throws to Travis Kelce, doesnt count.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, slats said:

We talk the NFL here, and this is probably the most interesting story line the league has to offer right now. Even though the Jets have no interest, I have a lot. I’m very curious to see how this plays out, and have my own opinions (for a change). I think he’s overplaying his hand, and that he’s doing terrible on the PR front in the meantime, largely because he doesn’t have an agent to help control the narrative. 

I saw this tweet from Ross Tucker, who I find a very good listen on Sirius/XM:

I can't tell if he is saying it's sad because the NFL 'screwed' Lamar or because Lamar 'screwed' himself.  If Lamar had taken the Ravens offer assuming it was similar to what we've seen thrown around, those numbers would have been much closer.  And honestly, Josh Allen was worth a little more than Lamar at the time he signed his new deal. 

National journalists can't stop commenting, but very few seem willing to say the hard things.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, slats said:

We talk the NFL here, and this is probably the most interesting story line the league has to offer right now. Even though the Jets have no interest, I have a lot. I’m very curious to see how this plays out, and have my own opinions (for a change). I think he’s overplaying his hand, and that he’s doing terrible on the PR front in the meantime, largely because he doesn’t have an agent to help control the narrative. 

I think he came out of the gate uneducated. That if he had an agent that told him or did any research that no team is giving a fully guaranteed deal and that 31 teams hated CLE doing that. So it’s not happening again.

BAL knew this so they gave him good offers. Lamar being selfish and uneducated in this thought his value is way higher than it is. BAL is calling his bluff. They no no team is giving him a fully guaranteed deal. And if a team did, they could always match. BAL IMO never had plans to not give him a deal. They just wanted to prove the point that they’re not overpaying for him and show him no one else is going to give you what you think you’ll get. And that’s what’s going on. Not a single team trying to get him. Not 1 visit. Not 1 offer. So Lamar is going to have to go back with his tail between his legs and sign the offer. Now if I’m BAL I lower my offer from what I last offered him. Not sure they want to do that. They probably just want him in there for a contract that makes sense.

But I all along haven’t operated that he actually is an option. That BAL only did this to prove a point to him and would match any offer coming in. No offers means theirs is the best one. So this whole ordeal was just owners showing that they’re against guaranteed deals. Which is as it should be in a sport so violent.

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I can't tell if he is saying it's sad because the NFL 'screwed' Lamar or because Lamar 'screwed' himself.  If Lamar had taken the Ravens offer assuming it was similar to what we've seen thrown around, those numbers would have been much closer.  And honestly, Josh Allen was worth a little more than Lamar at the time he signed his new deal. 

National journalists can't stop commenting, but very few seem willing to say the hard things.

He should consider having a conversation with Le’Veon Bell. Dude also priced himself out of the market, left a ton of money on the table, left the team that made him the star he was, and fizzled out completely. That’s the train wreck trajectory I see Jackson on now. All out of ego. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Last year, healthy Lamar, with a functional receiving corps: 240 ypg passing, 7.5 per attempt

This year, Josh Allen with Stephon Diggs: 267 ypg passing, 7.6 per attempt

2021 (the year you used) Lamar: 16 TDs - 13 INTs

2022 Allen: 35 TDs - 14 INTs

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Last year, healthy Lamar, with a functional receiving corps: 240 ypg passing, 7.5 per attempt

This year, Josh Allen with Stephon Diggs: 267 ypg passing, 7.6 per attempt

for their careers (per game):

josh allen - 238.9 pass yards, 1.8 TDs, 0.8 Ints, 40.1 rush yards, 0.5 rush TDs

lamar jackson - 174.4 pass yards, 1.4 pass TDs, 0.5 Ints, 63.4 rush yards, 0.3 rush TDs

playoffs:

josh allen (4-4) - 17 Tds, 4 Ints, 2 rush TDs

lamar jackson (1-3) - 3 TDs, 5 Ints, 1 rush TD

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

“A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.” 

i take it as  by trying to save the agents commission , lamar has cost himself a fortune 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Lamar should have worked out a deal with the ravens two years ago. Hard to think not having an agent helped him in any appreciable way. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

probably have to haircut the difference by $11MM due to the draft order.  

over the next 4 years allen will get 135MM in cash.

so for it to be equal (outside the $11MM draft order) LJ needs to get a contract that pays him $165MM over 4 years.

17 minutes ago, slats said:

You know who could be a good (or not so good) Lamar Jackson comp? Russell Wilson. Denver thought they were getting a Super Bowl QB and, after a year, he’s looking like a QB who came from a Super Bowl system. Seems that Seattle built their offense around the unconventional QB in an effective way, much in the way Baltimore has with Lamar. Russell has his own impressive ego and was out to prove he could do more on his own than under Carroll. Imho, Jackson is making a mistake if he thinks he’ll easily be able to do as well or better away from Harbaugh. As for the buying team, caveat emptor. 

True

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Lamar screwed himself. Nobody knows the actual truth but from the outside looking in, it looks like he turned down a massive deal because it wasn’t massive enough. He’s slowly realizing that his style of play isn’t for everyone, actually, not for most. He can’t look at himself in the mirror and understand why some team have no interest in trying to build around him or why the ravens have concerns about his health long term. Dude needs to get his head out of his ass, try to repair the damage caused with the ravens, and sign the big deal. The ravens are the only team that is a  fit  for him and that’s because it took them years to build around him. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I've addressed all of these "concerns" in other discussions, so I'm not going to go to deep into this but coming from a guy who loves the draft and considers himself a draftnik, I dont care about the picks at all.  JD has had 8 top 34 picks, 4 of them didnt finish the season, 1 was a rotational player and the other, he just traded for lesser picks then where he was selected.  I dont care about the picks, at all.  

The money?  I care even less about.  It's not mine.  Eventually when you have a Superstar QB, you have to pay.  Every team will deal w/ this scenario who finds a Superstar.  The cap is going up, figure it the F out.  The cap is the like the bogeyman around here, it's not that hard.

All gas no brakes is great for a defensive minded coach, but it's reckless for a GM.

You didn't address the concerns about injury or the fact that we'd need to completely remodel the offense, but whatever. If you don't care about the very real issues of trading high capital and guaranteeing a declining and injury prone (both historically and in play style) player a boatload of money because: Jif thinks Lamar will continue to play like 2019 MVP Lamar over the next 5 years despite significantly declining over the last three years - then more power to you. 

If anything, this exchanged helped me realize where I firmly sit on this topic, whereas up till now, I was struggling with it because I actually do love Lamar and he is so enticing when he's actually on the field and healthy. 

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Translation we don't like Lamar as a thrower of the football and we will not be pursuing him. Next Question 

3 firsts for a Running QB who had leg injuries the last two years and cant throw to save his life , this would be the SOJ move but we are not the SOJ.  

You can mark this down and put it on the header of this website Lamar Jackson from this point on will begin to deteriorate and probably not be worth a mention in the next 5 -7 years.  The Ravens made the call to start Jackson a few years back and he was electric and super talented but his passing game never developed and that's the reason they are not going to extend him. If Lamar was lighting it up with say 4k plus passing yards a year and running only when needed he would have already been signed . The story for every Run first QB is the same they never win a SB break down too early in their career and never really develop as passers. In the case of Josh Allen sure he can pass but his career will break down as well if you see the hits that guy takes once his running threat goes away will he be the same passer he is now ? Doubt it.

Yeah I don't want Lamar. He has been hurt a lot and I don't see that getting any better. Especially if he was here.

• Upvote 1

Tannenbaum makes an excellent point.
Even if you're committed to signing AR now, why not bring Lamar into your building to at least meet him, get to know him?
Lamar could be a UFA in 2 years, and AR will surely not be playing by then, for the Jets or for anybody.
Doesn't hurt to start the recruiting process with Lamar now.
This "negotiating in good faith" line is dumb.  You have to be prepared and keep your options open.
Anything can happen.
I think the reason is probably because, while Lamar is a tremendous football player .... He is just really not a very good QB.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We know LJ turned down $44.3 mil per year fully guaranteed.

This reporter claims the feeling at owners meetings was that his demands are a "non starter".

Going to be interesting to see what he eventually settles for.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

no collusion GIF by The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper

Irsay always seems to be the one to let the cat out of the bag.

"As an owner I do not believe in fully-guaranteed contracts. I think that a percentage is one thing, but from what I’ve seen from the NBA and baseball, I don’t see it as a positive competitively," Irsay said, according to the Athletic's Zak Keefer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1