Lamar Jackson Requests Trade

Maxman

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

not exactly sure what point you are trying to make here.  are you really trying to compare lamar's and burrow's respective playoff track record?

in the game vs. tenn, burrow threw for 348 yards and his team won 19-16.  

Against the Titans, Lamar threw for 179 yards on 70% completion and ran for another 136 with a rushing TD. His team won 20-13.

My point is the Titans are a tough playoff out and Burrow didn't throw TDs on them either.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

You are wrong about a very basic fact - the Ravens want to resign Lamar Jackson. They have wanted to lock Lamar Jackson up for years now. And, according to reports, they intend to match any reasonable offer another team gives him. 

They just don't want to give him 200 mill fully guaranteed. 

That is very different from how you are describing things. 

@JiF4Lamar. This is the overwhelming factor. I think if Lamar was truly available Douglas would have have it a harder look. He likely already knew Jamar wasn’t going far! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

@JiF4Lamar. This is the overwhelming factor. I think if Lamar was truly available Douglas would have have it a harder look. He likely already knew Jamar wasn’t going far! 

Yeah but I think it’s personal now.  I don’t think he wants to play for the Ravens.  That’s the difference now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Against the Titans, Lamar threw for 179 yards on 70% completion and ran for another 136 with a rushing TD. His team won 20-13.

My point is the Titans are a tough playoff out and Burrow didn't throw TDs on them either.

ok, you can pick 1 game here or there to try and prove a point.  but looking at the totality of his career to date, the ravens in the playoffs with lamar at QB, are 1-3, and in those 4 games combined, lamar has thrown for 3 Tds and 5 Ints, plus 1 rushing TD.  also in those 4 games, he was sacked 19 times and lost 2 fumbles.

his playoff performance to date is not good, and attempting to compare him to joe burrow is foolish

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

ok, you can pick 1 game here or there to try and prove a point.  but looking at the totality of his career to date, the ravens in the playoffs with lamar at QB, are 1-3, and in those 4 games combined, lamar has thrown for 3 Tds and 5 Ints, plus 1 rushing TD.  also in those 4 games, he was sacked 19 times and lost 2 fumbles.

his playoff performance to date is not good, and attempting to compare him to joe burrow is foolish

I didn't pick one game here or there. He mentioned the Titans. He picked the game.

And we're comparing one guy who was throwing to Hollywood Brown and another to JaMarr Chase and Tee Higgins

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s 45-16 as an NFL starter. Not a ton of opportunities to rack up cheap passing stats a la Kirk Cousins

There's also the fact he cant throw to come back in games when throwing is the only way to come back. He's failed at that in the playoff's which is the biggest stage.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah but I think it’s personal now.  I don’t think he wants to play for the Ravens.  That’s the difference now.

I’m sure it is. I also think he made a mistake not having an agent. That likely contributed some to the degradation of the relationship. You know, I live less than an hour from Baltimore, they love the kid there, but I know from you the owner is a twat! So here they are, 

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

These are just facts. Nothing dumb about that

You forgot the fact Rodgers played with a broken thumb and the team let his best WR walk ..... Do we really have to have this stupid conversation about a QB who won the MVP the 2 previous years and is an all time great arguably in the top 5 all time ? Comparing anything Lamar has done to Aaron Rodgers once again is ridiculous same as comparing him to Joe Burrow is Ridiculous or any elite QB for that matter

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I didn't pick one game here or there. He mentioned the Titans. He picked the game.

And we're comparing one guy who was throwing to Hollywood Brown and another to JaMarr Chase and Tee Higgins

i missed the titan game reference from the other poster.  looking back to your conversation, i think he was actually referencing the 2019 playoff game against the titans as the one game he put up nice stats (365 yards passing, 143 rushing) which the ravens lost 28-12

a QB should make players around him better.  i get that the ravens have under-invested in the WR position.  but we have to stop making excuses for lamar's mediocre playoff stats.  if you want to be paid like the top QB in the league, you need to show up in the playoffs against the best teams.  4 career playoff games with 3 TDs, 5 Ints, 55.9% completion percent, sacked 19 times and losing 2 fumbles is not elite QB performance, regardless of who your WRs are.

• Upvote 1

All this arguing is kind of silly. Not many people can argue Jacksons historical statistics or productivity. 

What you can and should argue is a few things:

1) Can he maintain high productivity if he is forced to not use his legs as much, which will absolutely happen to him as it happens to all QB's. Really what this means is can he still be a really high level passer if he is not a threat to run the ball as much. Right now his legs dramatically open up the passing game, as he declines as a runner, how much will that change and can he adjust.

2) Can you win in the playoffs with his style of play? Again, this is somewhat dependent on can he adjust his style of play and be a better passer when not relying on his legs as a threat

3) Is his enormous contract demands worth the risk that he is not able to become an efficient passer without his legs opening up so much of the passing game

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You are wrong about a very basic fact - the Ravens want to resign Lamar Jackson. They have wanted to lock Lamar Jackson up for years now. And, according to reports, they intend to match any reasonable offer another team gives him. 

They just don't want to give him 200 mill fully guaranteed. 

That is very different from how you are describing things. 

That remains to be seen the Ravens offered him 3 at 133 which was a very nice offer my guess is he wants a longer term deal with more guarantees because he's starting to break down and he knows it.  44 mil so WTF does this guy think he's worth ? They should have offered 35 per whish is still more than he's worth IMO . The Ravens will never win a SB with this guy at QB and we can revisit this in the coming years and that includes whatever team they trade him too as well. I promise you is Lamar was putting up elite passing numbers and transitioned his game more to that style of play I would be begging for the Jets to sign him and so would most of the NFL teams. Fact is if he was doing that we would not be having this conversation because the Ravens would have already had a deal done.

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

All this arguing is kind of silly. Not many people can argue Jacksons historical statistics or productivity. 

i won't argue that his MVP season was an amazing year, the likes of which have rarely been seen in the league.

i can easily argue that his performance has steadily declined since that 2019 season and if we go by his last 2 or 3 seasons, he is not up there with the elite QBs.  and that's before adding he's missed 11 games over the last 2 years with injury

I've addressed all of these "concerns" in other discussions, so I'm not going to go to deep into this but coming from a guy who loves the draft and considers himself a draftnik, I dont care about the picks at all.  JD has had 8 top 34 picks, 4 of them didnt finish the season, 1 was a rotational player and the other, he just traded for lesser picks then where he was selected.  I dont care about the picks, at all.  
The money?  I care even less about.  It's not mine.  Eventually when you have a Superstar QB, you have to pay.  Every team will deal w/ this scenario who finds a Superstar.  The cap is going up, figure it the F out.  The cap is the like the bogeyman around here, it's not that hard.

Why is it that Baltimore doesn't want to pay their Superstar QB?

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That remains to be seen the Ravens offered him 3 at 133 which was a very nice offer my guess is he wants a longer term deal with more guarantees because he's starting to break down and he knows it.  44 mil so WTF does this guy think he's worth ? They should have offered 35 per whish is still more than he's worth IMO . The Ravens will never win a SB with this guy at QB and we can revisit this in the coming years and that includes whatever team they trade him too as well. I promise you is Lamar was putting up elite passing numbers and transitioned his game more to that style of play I would be begging for the Jets to sign him and so would most of the NFL teams. Fact is if he was doing that we would not be having this conversation because the Ravens would have already had a deal done.

i don't think the ravens offers him 3/133.  they offered him contract for 6-years/$250 million, with $133MM fully guaranteed at signing, something like $175MMM guaranteed for injury, and the ability to get up to $200MM in guarantees.  i don't know the full details of the contract, but this is what shefter and mort reported

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34566275/sources-believe-lamar-jackson-turned-baltimore-ravens-contract-offer-worth-250-million

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/lamar-jackson-baltimore-ravens-contract-kyler-murray-russell-wilson-free-agency-compare-tag

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Before u get all puffed up .. please check stats to Wideouts .. Lamar is capable of being accurate and successful completing passes to his TEs. When you get to the Wideouts ... In terms of production ... Ouch.

As opposed to all the great Jets QBs of yore who could get the ball to TEs?  Oh, right.....

Production is production dude.  Maybe Lamar Jackson would piss off Garrett Wilson.  Or perhaps he'd find him because the Ravens never had a WR as good as Wilson.  And at the same time perhaps he could help make Ruckert a star.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i won't argue that his MVP season was an amazing year, the likes of which have rarely been seen in the league.

i can easily argue that his performance has steadily declined since that 2019 season and if we go by his last 2 or 3 seasons, he is not up there with the elite QBs.  and that's before adding he's missed 11 games over the last 2 years with injury

I still can't fathom that people are using the MVP season as a basis for any debate on Lamar?  In what world is "he was really great 4 years ago" relevant to a football discussion about this upcoming season?  Ironically, some of the same people are perfectly willing to dismiss Rodgers' back-to-back MVP seasons from the following two seasons because...well I don't know why exactly.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i don't think the ravens offers him 3/133.  they offered him contract for 6-years/$250 million, with $133MM fully guaranteed at signing, something like $175MMM guaranteed for injury, and the ability to get up to $200MM in guarantees.  i don't know the full details of the contract, but this is what shefter and mort reported

Ahh ok  I was not 100 % sure on the offer but I kept hearing 133

5 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

ok so 41 mil per and 133 guar. and this idiot thinks he's going to do better AND have a team give up 3 firsts as well ? Obviously Lamar is not an agent nor is his mother ...but every aspect of a trade needs to be explored. Any agent would know no team in their right mind would give up 3 firsts and hamstring their franchise with the above mentioned money without being completely out of their mind. In mom's eyes her son is still an MVP she remembers all the glory and because its family she's not taking anything else into account.

Anyone with a lick of sense should agree Lamar comes with some big future questions and the scenario above is not going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

JD confirmed we aren’t after him. No reason to discuss Lamar really. 

We talk the NFL here, and this is probably the most interesting story line the league has to offer right now. Even though the Jets have no interest, I have a lot. I’m very curious to see how this plays out, and have my own opinions (for a change). I think he’s overplaying his hand, and that he’s doing terrible on the PR front in the meantime, largely because he doesn’t have an agent to help control the narrative. 

• Upvote 1

Tannenbaum makes an excellent point.

Even if you're committed to signing AR now, why not bring Lamar into your building to at least meet him, get to know him?

Lamar could be a UFA in 2 years, and AR will surely not be playing by then, for the Jets or for anybody.

Doesn't hurt to start the recruiting process with Lamar now.

This "negotiating in good faith" line is dumb.  You have to be prepared and keep your options open.

Anything can happen.

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Tannenbaum makes an excellent point.

Even if you're committed to signing AR now, why not bring Lamar into your building to at least meet him, get to know him?

Lamar could be a UFA in 2 years, and AR will surely not be playing by then, for the Jets or for anybody.

Doesn't hurt to start the recruiting process with Lamar now.

This "negotiating in good faith" line is dumb.  You have to be prepared and keep your options open.

Anything can happen.

Cause Rodgers is petty af