Odell visiting Jets on Monday

17 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

They need to fix the lines

Exactly.
The strength of our D was the front 4 & CB

The weakness of our O was the Front 5

The D got weaker this off-season, while the Offense will be whole again but needs to be strengthened with vet C and 2 draft picks.

Bringing back Kwon will help big time, but LB & DT in draft a must.

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1

odell beckham jr

Swirling rumors for several weeks appear to be coming to a head in regards to the Jets pursuing oft-injured wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

I’m told free agent WR Odell Beckham Jr is planning to fly into the NY-area Sunday to meet with the #Jets Monday, per him.

— JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) April 8, 2023

Beckham may come at somewhat of a discount having missed all of last season due to injury, but exactly what the price is remains to be seen.  He was rumored at one point to be seeking $20 million per year, which he denied.  The price was then reportedly set at $15 million but we won’t know the actual price tag until a signing occurs.  It does appear at the moment that the Jets are the front runner.

Last season’s absence was result of an ACL tear which was the second one Beckham has suffered.  In 2020 he was forced to sit out the final nine games of the season after suffering his first ACL tear.

Beckham has also dealt with hip, hamstring, ankle and quad injuries over the course of his career but is rumored to be a favorite of incoming quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

The post Jets Appear Ready to Roll the Dice on Injury Prone Beckham appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Exactly.
The strength of our D was the front 4.

The weakness of our O was the Front 5

The D got weaker this off-season, while the Offense will be whole again but needs to be strengthened with vet C and 2 draft picks.

Bringing back Kwon will help big time, but LB & DT in draft a must.

I would not be shocked if they trade back from 13 and grab Trenton Simpson then pick the best OT and Center they can in Round 2 after getting another 2 with the trade back.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

I would not be shocked if they trade back from 13 and grab Trenton Simpson then pick the best OT and Center they can in Round 2 after getting another 2 with the trade back.

That’s what I am hopeful will happen. Just need a team to want to make that deal.

Detroit at 18(48 & 55) or Seattle at 20(37 & 52) have the picks necessary. 

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That’s what I am hopeful will happen. Just need a team to want to make that deal.

Detroit at 18(48 & 55) or Seattle at 20(37 & 52) have the picks necessary. 

Douglas doesn't just randomly trade up or down it will all depend on what their board looks like and/or how the first 13 picks go.  He has proven he's not a pick collector just for the sake of it.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Love Kincaid, I think he's the best receiver in this draft. I just don't know if we do it now that we restructured Conklin and Uzomah

I like Conklin but if he goes down then that would be a problem.  If the Jets got Kincaid he would get plenty of snaps as flex and STs in year one.

Plus we need more "sure hands" with AR

• Upvote 2