DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him. This is real life, not Madden.

Let him go to the Bills as he’s a player on the decline

Sauce and DJ can cover him one on one  and will effectively take him out of the game same as they did to Diggs in the second half of the victory over Buffalo

One less Bills offensive player to be concerned with 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Larz said:

Trending the wrong direction and won’t be worth the contract. 

You don’t even know what the contract would be? And he averaged 80 yards a game last year and is a one time superstar. He’d be the perfect compliment to GW and a clear upgrade over Corey.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Let him go to the Bills as he’s a player on the decline

Sauce and DJ can cover him one on one  and will effectively take him out of the game same as they did to Diggs in the second half of the victory over Buffalo

One less Bills offensive player to be concerned with 

Agree 100%.  Great post buddy!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You don’t even know what the contract would be? And he averaged 80 yards a game last year and is a one time superstar. He’d be the perfect compliment to GW and a clear upgrade over Corey.

That was true 4 years ago 

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yes, but well within the “jets are obviously getting Rodgers” timeframe. 

Also his QB list is his "top 5" not an "I don't want to play with anyone other than these 5" list.

tbh, like I said in another post, he'd be welcome but we really don't need him, plus his time as a WR1 might be even shorter than Rodgers as a top 10 QB. 

Regardless, a team like KC seems a more obvious fit than the Jets. I'd include Baltimore also, but they did just fork over a bunch for OBJ. 

The advantage the Jets have - just purely money-wise - is he's only the incremental above Davis, whose $10.5MM would clear less than 2 seconds after a signing like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Also his QB list is his "top 5" not an "I don't want to play with anyone other than these 5" list.

tbh, like I said in another post, he'd be welcome but we really don't need him, plus his time as a WR1 might be even shorter than Rodgers as a top 10 QB. 

Regardless, a team like KC seems a more obvious fit than the Jets. I'd include Baltimore also, but they did just fork over a bunch for OBJ. 

The advantage the Jets have - just purely money-wise - is he's only the incremental above Davis, whose $10.5MM would clear less than 2 seconds after a signing like this.

For me the bigger thing making me think he’s not coming, was when he had to give the response without words when certain teams came up several weeks ago. And he didn’t seem at all excited when the Jets came up. I know that was before Rodgers was officially a Jet. But it was assumed by most he would be a Jet. I’d feel different about that response if when he listed his top 5 QBs he’d like to play with and Rodgers was one of them. But he wasn’t.

It will be interesting to see if we do even have interest in him. We know AR is all in. And know he did reach out to a couple of FAs before he was even officially a Jet to come here. So I do wonder if AR puts a text or call out to Hopkins saying let’s go get a ring together to him.

All that being said… I still have him going to BUF.

• Upvote 1

I’d honestly rather just stick with Davis at this point and let him play out his contract.

Davis isn’t a #1 or even a high end #2, but we’re not going to be relying on him as anything more than the 4th or 5th option in the passing game this year.

Guys like Wilson, Lazard, Conklin and maybe even Hardman/Breece are going to end up catching more balls than him barring injury.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I would guess bills or chiefs 

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That was before the Rodgers trade

7 hours ago, GangGreened said:

It was before it was official right? I thought he said he didn’t want to play here pretty recently, like when the deal was being “finalized”

You're correct. He made those comments well into the "Rodgers to Jets is done" nonsense. It was a month after the McAfee interview. Between the Texans and Cardnials, I'm sure he wants to play for a superbowl contender. Like someone said; Chiefs, Bills... Maybe Philly.

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Nope. I thought it was even earlier, but looking it up now he said that on April 16h.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/16/deandre-hopkins-doesnt-want-raise-and-doesnt-want-jets-trade/

The trade for Rodgers was on April 24th.

Wasn't the McAfee interview early/mid March? It was a certainty Rodgers was coming here when he said he wasn't interested in the Jets. The only thing unanswered was how much the Jets were going to get bent over, which has nothing to do with Hopkins. You mentioned not wanting to come here after Hou and Ari because of the weather. I think you're right that spending his career on those teams is a reason he doesn't want to play for the Jets - but I think it's that he's 31 and wants to play for a Superbowl contender, not because of the weather. 

There was a tweet with his list of top QBs, Rodgers wasn't on it. I'd think if he was even remotely interested in the Jets it would be to his advantage to dangle that out there to get another team involved to drive up his price.

I don't understand all the hype for him. He was good a few years ago when he got traded from the Texans for almost nothing. He's missed 15 games in the last 2 seasons, and his production has fallen off a little. Sure, he's better than many other players, but the Jets don't have the space for a 31 year old who doesn't even want to play here.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Hex said:

I don't understand all the hype for him. He was good a few years ago when he got traded from the Texans for almost nothing. He's missed 15 games in the last 2 seasons, and his production has fallen off a little. Sure, he's better than many other players, but the Jets don't have the space for a 31 year old who doesn't even want to play here.

Corey Davis isn’t in his stratosphere as a WR. So yeah, we have the space. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Hex said:

Not for nothing, but half those missed games were due to suspension, so it’s not like he’s overly injury prone.

22 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Corey Davis isn’t in his stratosphere as a WR. So yeah, we have the space. 

He's not going to sign here though. He doesn't want to play here. He's made that clear. The Jets weren't going to have a shot at him besides a trade, and at that point he definitely isn't worth it.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Hex said:

why are we pretending like DeAndre Hopkins isn't good?

• Post of the Week 2

If you're going to go big, go for Adams if he's vaailable. He's gonna cost more, but he's way above Hopkins in terms of production and already has relationships with the QB, OC and multiple players in the WR room. 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why are we pretending like DeAndre Hopkins isn't good?

I amend my previous post. Many portray him to be still at the level he was 3 years ago, which isn't the case. He's still good, but he's not worth the price anymore. Plus, I would argue that isn't even the main issue here. If you want to, just disregard the who 'he's not as good as he used to be' argument. He doesn't want to come here, and he'll sign with a different AFC rival. Almost for sure. In the off chance he signs here because no other teams wanted him, he'll be unmotivated and he definitely won't be as good as he used to be. I just don't get the hype for a guy that clearly isn't interested in the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Hex said:

I amend my previous post. Many portray him to be still at the level he was 3 years ago, which isn't the case. He's still good, but he's not worth the price anymore. Plus, I would argue that isn't even the main issue here. If you want to, just disregard the who 'he's not as good as he used to be' argument. He doesn't want to come here, and he'll sign with a different AFC rival. Almost for sure. In the off chance he signs here because no other teams wanted him, he'll be unmotivated and he definitely won't be as good as he used to be. I just don't get the hype for a guy that clearly isn't interested in the Jets.

He'd be a very clear upgrade over Corey Davis. I think the Jets meet the three criteria he recently put out for what he wants in his next team. Maybe a chat with Aaron Rodgers would open his mind.

• Upvote 4

• Barry McCockinner changed the title to DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him. This is real life, not Madden.